News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mark -vs- Rise of the Pharaoh Beta 2

Started by MarkAnthony, September 09, 2019, 08:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkAnthony

Good evening Red.  :)

I have tomorrow off from work so I started a RoTPb2 game this evening.

All is well so far, I'm keeping it as simple at the start as I can. I started with the Shepherd start condition and my map gave me eight adults and four children. Near the end of year two I already had a death during child birth; starting with only eight who can do any work, the loss of one is still felt. I had to tell my Mud-Banie she could no longer play in the mud since she needed to take over as the lead (sole) Laborer; she was disappointed as any of us would be when we're told we cannot play in the mud.  :( My community Hearts fell after that death, they were all saddened and liked the woman very much.

I don't know if you have an update coming for housing and maybe have it disabled for the moment? I just wanted you to know that your housing UI is extra large after it is built.

That's it for now. I'm just going to do some careful and small patches of clearing to build up materials while I wait for my four students to graduate then I will start some more building projects. I just wanted to point out the food stats for the Hunter for year one - that was with two Hunters, the second year was only with one Hunter.

Back to the game!  ;)
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

MarkAnthony

One of my Students graduated so I put him on building two Egyptian Huts. I like how the hut looks but I didn't want to build them at first because of how you described them, "An Egyptian Hut is the cheapest and worst house your citizen would want to live"   :D But the more I thought about it I decided to anyhow; I felt bad not having homes for the other six Banies; but everyone is housed now. And the way you described the hut, that's pretty much what anyone could have said about the dump I moved into but in the end it's a roof over my head no matter how much I complain about it.

Another two Students graduated so I will toss one into the mud!  Back to work now.   :P                

MarkAnthony

(1) I'm having trouble with the Blacksmith again, he is refusing to go and fetch Bronze so I can make Bronze Tools; I'm now in the early stages of a tool crisis again.  :( It's been three months now and just like in Beta 1 the Blacksmith keeps showing "Out of Materials" even though there have been 22 Bronze remaining since the start of the game.

(2) I understand that you are trying to ween us off of dependency on Iron, but until you do can you please add a tool use count for the Iron Tools?     

EDIT: I am wondering if maybe your Bronze is somehow labeled/flagged wrong and the Blacksmith is looking for another type of Bronze? Isn't this the same issue I had in Beta 1 with the Blacksmith? Trying to make Bronze Tools there too because Bronze Tools are your best ones? I forget my notes, but that's what I am thinking might be the issue. On a side note (and I forgot all about this actually) I didn't crash when building the Blacksmith this time, like I did so many times in Beta 1.   ;D

Oh btw, I got my Blacksmith making Stone tools for the time being. 70% of my workers had no tools and I didn't have any Copper to use so instead of the extra step of making Copper first, then making the Copper Tools, I just had him make Stone Tools instead. It's the Bronze he won't touch for making tools. He'll make Bronze but he won't make Bronze Tools.

EDIT AGAIN: About 1.5 hours later I have the Blacksmith make some Bronze out of some Copper and Tin I just had him finish. He makes the Bronze. I try once again to have him make Bronze Tools and this time he does. BUT - I can't see how this happens, so it's probably not happening but what appears to be happening is the Blacksmith will make Bronze Tools from freshly made Bronze he still has in the Blacksmith's inventory. Once his inventory is used up and he needs to go to a Stock Pile to get more, he won't fetch it. It seems like once the Bronze gets to a storage area the label/flag somehow changes? Again, that's probably not what's happening, but that's what it appears to be happening because once again he is refusing to go get Bronze from the Stock Pile and this time I have 42 available.

MarkAnthony

Okay here's a mystery case for you to solve.  ;D

The Case of the Disappearing Iron!  Ohhhh! Sounds intriguing!  :o :P

So, I started the game with 30 Iron. I have not built anything so far that requires Iron. And now I have recently gotten a warning message that my Iron supply is low. So there's that; but wait! There's more...  ::)   As you can see from my inventory in the Town Hall window, Iron is not even listed but 6 still appear in my town's Status window! It's apparently being concealed by some form of Egyptian magic! 

/gets popcorn Waiting to see how this mystery unravels!   :P

MarkAnthony

Ohhh! I'm rich!   ;D

I found a Meteorite Rock! Oh man... I can build me a Stargate now!  Hahaha!  I don't have any Trade Posts yet, so screw them... I'm gonna travel through a Stargate!   :P

Nilla

There you have the explanation for these weird disappearing things; aliens! ;)

MarkAnthony

1:40 AM, time for bed.

In year 10 now, things continue to go well other than fighting with the Blacksmith; back to making Stone Tools temporarily. I wanted to build a Quarry but I can't because I don't have any Iron, I have yet to see any Iron Ore Deposits anywhere around the areas I have been expanding to.  /shrug

Good night.

JM

Blacksmith says bronze+log=bronze tool, but uses tin+copper+log instead.

MarkAnthony

Or he could have been the one secretly stealing all of my Iron; making Bronze Tool from Iron!   :o The Case of the Disappearing Iron solved??? My Iron is nearly gone and I haven't used any since the start of the game. The Quarry I am trying to build is the only structure that needs Iron and I don't have any anymore. *Poof* It's magically disappearing.

Either way this might be it. What you said JM seems likely to me as well because before I make Bronze Tools I often go and make all the Copper and Tin first, then I make the Bronze which uses up all of that Copper and Tin which puts those two to zero quantities. So I got all this Bronze to make tools with but if you are right he's looking for my Copper and Tin which are now at zero. All the while the Blacksmith is telling me,  "Yo! Where da materials at Bro?"

Here's what I am going to do to test what you said. I am going to harvest more Copper Ore and Tin Ore, enough to make 20 Copper and 20 Tin. I won't need to turn those Copper and Tin into Bronze because I already have 42 Bronze sitting in a Stock Pile untouched. I will then politely ask my Blacksmith to make me 20 Bronze Tool.

What I am expecting to see in the results in the end is:
(1) Bronze, Copper, Tin all go down by -20 and Bronze Tool up by +20   - OR -
(2) Copper and Tin go down by -20 and Bronze Tool up by +20 but Bronze remains the same (42 qty).

irrelevant

It seems odd that iron is not even listed in the town hall with -0- inventory. Normally, if you ever have had any inventory of something, it stays listed in the town hall forever.

MarkAnthony

Quote from: irrelevant on September 10, 2019, 08:44:02 AM
It seems odd that iron is not even listed in the town hall with -0- inventory. Normally, if you ever have had any inventory of something, it stays listed in the town hall forever.
Yeah, I know!  Ohhhhhhh  I smell a cover-up in The Case of the Disappearing Iron! Someone is secretly trying to erase all evidence of Iron even existing even going so far as to be daring enough to erase it from the Town Hall records!   :o :D

The plot thickens!

irrelevant

Obi-Wan: But Master Yoda, who could have erased information from the archives? That's impossible, isn't it?

Yoda: [Frowning] Much harder to answer, that question is.

MarkAnthony

Who knew Rise of the Pharaoh would have been so interesting?! 

We got Sherlock Holmes & Watson meeting with Obi-Wan and Yoda from Starwars who gathers at the Stargate in Egypt!   ::) :P

Nilla

Iron, what is iron? We´re at the bronze age remember? We are not supposed ever to have heard about it.

One question to you more experienced Egypt builder; how many children can families have in the smallest hut? We are waiting for a little girl to carry the blood of the dynasty on but my Jack and Jill only have one boy so far. (OK, I "cheated" and added some more mods)

MarkAnthony

Yeah, Red is a little skimpy on his toolbar button information, like @kid1293 is. I think that kind of info is found on the mod download page itself.

Your answer is: Four occupants for the Egyptian Hut; which by the way can be upgraded to a normal Mud Hut.

EDIT: Just looked at my four Egyptian Huts, they all have three occupants in them now but I think my older ones moved out into the other seven homes I have. I could have sworn I saw four occupants in the huts though at the start of the game. I don't know, now I'm doubting myself.

EDIT AGAIN: I need to quit doubting myself all the time. I used to hear it when I was a kid, "Always go with your first instinct or first thing you said" something like that. The first thing I said without even having to think about it was "four occupants" and I was correct.