News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RedKetchup work in progress....

Started by RedKetchup, March 01, 2017, 10:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueryEverything

Cool :)  I'm happy with that.
What gave me the idea was how I set up my renewable resources fields, the stone & iron.

I build the 1st building:  (MM/CC) Stone Harvester, then within it's radius I build the renewable resources buildings, in the 4 quadrants of the first radius, so I then end up with 4 stone renewable buildings.
I do the same for foresters as well.  I plant the largest footprint forester, then I plant in 4 of the small dense forestry buildings. 

I end up with the same outer footprint of the 'harvesters', but end up with 5 plant/harvesting areas to produce the needed resources.

BUT - I was really hoping you would say you wouldn't have it die off.  (A little cheaty(?!?!?!, not complaining), but when has that stopped me?!? hehehe)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

elemental

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 09, 2017, 03:26:27 PM
so a 2 workers fodder + 2 stablemen = 4 + 2 water gatherer and 2 greenhouse workers = 2x4 total. then at the end should give 4500 food/year
which is good to keep alive 45 citizens

That seems like a lot of food for a small greenhouse. I guess it's working all year round and not just spring/summer, and I know this chain is long and complicated and it needs to make a "profit" to be worthwhile. Difficult to balance.

If the grass forester isn't working fast enough you could add another step:

- Forester grows and harvests fodder crop.
- Hay barn dries crop and makes hay. 100 green fodder crop makes 200 hay, or something like that. It would be another building and more workers, but it gives you more control over how much hay is produced.

But just letting the grass stay alive over winter is another option.

RedKetchup

so far i did made a test without grass dying. and it worked out pretty well :) my test started on mild, medium start.

my plan is 1 fodder farmer building (which has 2 worker) sustain 2 stable (which has 2 worker each) and each stable should sustain 2 greenhouse each. need to add water to that.

results : (only got 1 stable and 2 greenhouse due number of population)

30-42 fodder per resource harvested is too high and i wish it can still sustain with 24-32 output (thats the number i hope to reach out)

the water output is too high, i wish 2 worker for sustaining 2 greenhouse( and a stable). i only had 1 well,  i need to add some work unit (+2 work unit)

2 greenhouse produced 3000 food each (6000 total) which is alot too much if you count 2 worker for 2 greenhouse+2 for stable+1 water+2 fodder) so i will add +2 work unit + 1 water to recipes

of course before the end i will need to add +1 more greener patch of grass for randomness
make the little greenhouse +1,+1 tiles bigger overall.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

QueryEverything

Sounds good, eager to see it in action :)

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

QueryEverything

@RedKetchup I've come across this bug ...
Using your RK Storage, for the 107 toolbar, and the small Protein Barn & Veg/Fruit Barn.
The Bannies are dumping all fruit & veg in the Protein Barn, not the Veg one.

The tiny ones are fine, it's just the small ones :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: QueryEverything on March 09, 2017, 08:12:31 PM
@RedKetchup I've come across this bug ...
Using your RK Storage, for the 107 toolbar, and the small Protein Barn & Veg/Fruit Barn.
The Bannies are dumping all fruit & veg in the Protein Barn, not the Veg one.

The tiny ones are fine, it's just the small ones :)

what wut ?
going to check that  :(

RedKetchup

yup, you are right !!! so sorry

a new version 2.01 has been uploaded :)

2.01 : Fixed a flag problem with the Tiny protein barn. it will store protein for real now ^^

DesoPL

Red this farmers lodge produce food right?

Asking because allways when i start Adam & Eve condittion, allways got issues with food.

RedKetchup

Quote from: DesoPL on March 10, 2017, 08:01:25 AM
Red this farmers lodge produce food right?

Asking because allways when i start Adam & Eve condittion, allways got issues with food.
no it produce animal food, not good for human :)

it is miscellaneous (?) "custom7" flag item : Fodder

with it you make another miscellaneous (?) "custom7" flag item : fertilizer

and with the fertilizer, there, you make food :)

elemental

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 10, 2017, 08:23:41 AM

no it produce animal food, not good for human :)

Wot?! No vegan organic gluten-free grass smoothies?  >:(

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 10, 2017, 08:23:41 AMand with the fertilizer, there, you make food

Yeah, and it works really well... after converting a forester circle into a feed/hay circle (which took long because I did not cut the trees in one fell swoop)... anyway, then built the stables and greenhouse, selected corn for output, which I gave to Kid's workplace Grinder, who gave the flour to the  bakery... and now everybody has nice fresh bread - loads of it, very powerful chain...  :P

* Just curious - about the (beautiful) haystacks... I only got exactly 1, once... have not seen any since? How often do they cut the feed and build haystacks?
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on March 10, 2017, 03:12:51 PM
Quote from: RedKetchup on March 10, 2017, 08:23:41 AMand with the fertilizer, there, you make food

Yeah, and it works really well... after converting a forester circle into a feed/hay circle (which took long because I did not cut the trees in one fell swoop)... anyway, then built the stables and greenhouse, selected corn for output, which I gave to Kid's workplace Grinder, who gave the flour to the  bakery... and now everybody has nice fresh bread - loads of it, very powerful chain...  :P

* Just curious - about the (beautiful) haystacks... I only got exactly 1, once... have not seen any since? How often do they cut the feed and build haystacks?

so the chain works well ? you say powerful.... alot powerful ? numbers too high ?
when they harvest a patch of grass it gives 24-32 fodder.
the stable takes 12 (along with 2 water) and make 6-8 fertilizer.
the greenhouse takes 2 fertilizer + 2 water again, and make the number of food accordingly what is written in the food file (which is used for crop too 20-28)

so grass: 2.5 X 6-8 fertilizer = 15-20. then greenhouse /2 = 7.5-10 X 20-28 food = 150-280 food (and took 20-25 water too)

about the forester tech. not sure how they work, but they seems to be random like the game RNG the tile, they go there, if there is something already they harvest the thing (tree, stone, iron, or fodder) and they dont plant, if there is nothing, they plant. so the behavior i see, if the RNG bring the forester on a grass patch, they harvest it. they dont systematicly harvest everything it full grown.

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 10, 2017, 03:27:18 PMso the chain works well ? you say powerful.... alot powerful ? numbers too high ?

I am terrible at following or crunching numbers, but yeah - I feel they are a bit high... here is my output for the previous year:

1 feed forester (2  workers) - 2688 fodder
1 stable (2 workers) - 648 fertilizer
1 greenhouse (1 worker) - 2044 corn

Quoteabout the forester tech

Ah, okay... I'll watch them better next round, to get some good screenshots - the big haystacks look really nice  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on March 10, 2017, 03:57:10 PM
Quote from: RedKetchup on March 10, 2017, 03:27:18 PMso the chain works well ? you say powerful.... alot powerful ? numbers too high ?

I am terrible at following or crunching numbers, but yeah - I feel they are a bit high... here is my output for the previous year:

1 feed forester (2  workers) - 2688 fodder
1 stable (2 workers) - 648 fertilizer
1 greenhouse (1 worker) - 2044 corn

and how many workers for the water ? 1 or 2 ?

so 2k food for 6 workers ?
thats not too much OP, gatherers get 2k for 4 workers, crop 1580 for 4 workers.

if you think thats too much fodder and you get overload alot.... the fodder farmer is intented to provide 2 set of stables/greenhouses

Denis de la Rive

Seeing those numbers it looks like 400 or so food per worker, (2000 by 5 workers) which is ok considering the space and resources required, I get about 500 to 700 food for one worker on 100 squares of crops. Design wise the advantage of going seedless is very valuable, it means that you can get bread without having to trade for seeds. This is very much like the domestic animals in CC, (milk, wool, eggs), and can be an important tool for survival. The requirements of space and resources makes this I believe well balanced, and it changes the way you get food. Like your watch towers a new way of getting food opens up many more strategies for survival.   :)