RedKetchup work in progress....

Started by RedKetchup, March 01, 2017, 10:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: kid1293 on March 27, 2017, 02:24:56 AM
So I have to set up a billboard UV?
Not sure how I do that...

you start a new UV on channel 3
you put everything that doesnt move the most smallest of the smalllest of the smallest ^^ at 0,0
and everything else at 0,0 but of the size of a check square
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 27, 2017, 02:44:57 AM
Quote from: kid1293 on March 27, 2017, 02:24:56 AM
So I have to set up a billboard UV?
Not sure how I do that...

you start a new UV on channel 3
you put everything that doesnt move to the size of the most smallest of the smalllest of the smallest ^^ at 0,0 (as big as an atom^^)
and everything else at 0,0 but of the size of a check square

you also need a UV channel 2 that exist (even if it is a fake)  the game need to take the 3rd it sees. if no channel 2 it will take the chan3 for a chan2 (if that make sense)

@Necora explained it there for Blender users:
http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/topic/1147-moving-with-the-wind/

kid1293

Thanks. WIll test. Right now I have several polys on each branch. Maybe I'll have to make each a square.

edit -
@Necora - Can confirm you don't have to have square poly's in foliage map. Slightly irregular and
multi-faceted works too. Just place over 0,0.
And thanks for finding out about the third UV map and Blender!

Necora

@kid1293 any should do. If you have square ones then I think you can just hit the unwrap reset option and move the square so it is over 0'0. Most of my trees now have multi faces and shapes, so what I did was select all faces that have the leaves material, look down on the model from the top (num pad 7), and hit 'project from view'. Then move the whole projection to 0'0. You can play around with the scaling, I think the further a vertice is from 0'0 the more it will move in the wind.

This should work with BillboardMaterial (what I used for the Aspen in the picture) for also appearing in spring/disappearing in fall and facing the camera (although, I'm not sure that the face the camera part actually works every time), BillboardEvergreenMaterial which keeps faces pointing to camera and no snow will accumulate, or FoliageMaterial which is what I use for my pines as it moves in the wind, doesn't face camera, and accumulates snow in the winter.

brads3

RED, did yo fodder on a u know the trader will bring grass seeds that are fodder seeds and can be used in crop fields to grow the fodder?the seed was only xike 500 so i tried it. got  field.

RedKetchup

yeah possible is still there, and 500 was the price i set.

Abandoned

@RedKetchup these new mods of yours really look great  :) and so many choices.  I still have not updated my game but did give NMT a quick look, wow.  Any chance, when you get to updating it, that you could make a separate mod of that beautiful fishing pond? (Please) I just loved that pond, can picture it with some of @kralyerg ducks it a fenceless pasture beside it.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Abandoned on March 29, 2017, 06:33:12 AM
@RedKetchup these new mods of yours really look great  :) and so many choices.  I still have not updated my game but did give NMT a quick look, wow.  Any chance, when you get to updating it, that you could make a separate mod of that beautiful fishing pond? (Please) I just loved that pond, can picture it with some of @kralyerg ducks it a fenceless pasture beside it.

yeah i am not at NMT yet :(
one day

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 29, 2017, 07:41:34 AMi am not at NMT yet

Yeah, that's a big one, huh?   :(

* I really miss the industrial places - windmills, salt mines, drying, smoking & salting, brick maker, clay pit... always click the RK icon and then go <face_palm>  :D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on March 29, 2017, 01:31:42 PM
Quote from: RedKetchup on March 29, 2017, 07:41:34 AMi am not at NMT yet

Yeah, that's a big one, huh?   :(

* I really miss the industrial places - windmills, salt mines, drying, smoking & salting, brick maker, clay pit... always click the RK icon and then go <face_palm>  :D

you can still use it !!! works perfectly with 1.0.7 ! it is just it doesnt have the new flags.

taniu

@ RedKetchup ."NMT"-works perfectly with 1.0.7.The fish pond can be a separate mod - good idea, I thought about adding frogs, it would be cool to have. :)Cheers !

brads3

RED, i think the fodder output is still too high. i just went thru and checked some of your goal numbers in the post. you figured 2 workers at 1 fodder forester,2 stables,and 2 greenhouses per stable. i use 1 worker at the fodder,2 stables, and had 3 greenhouses. even thou i am placing the fodder forester with the circle over water, so i am only getting half a circle of fodder, it is way high. i keep hitting the max limit on fodder and shuts down the fertilizer. last time i tried to go with 3 greenhouses and still was overpowered. i use water fast but never fodder. this is after i loaded the update where you dropped the fodder by 25%. can we get those large hay piles as decorations?when are you adding the flowery grasses? thanks.

RedKetchup

yeah i know. i didnt updated the download yet. so you are still with the original settings.

RedKetchup

sorry if i am again "in pause" ^^ it is nice to take a week here and there ^^
i specially got frustrated lately with "pieces" that have been done and redone and redone and reworked again and again lately in a maybe  future "asian" theme.
the guys is never satisfied and asked to redo again and again without really being conscious of polygons constraints. yeah having 50,000 polygons in something has more details lol but when you go further than 1,000 for someting that the map will be covered with .... it is not wishful at all.
due my lack of ... talents.... than i more often pissed off ^^

taniu

@RedKetchup. Flowers and trees are beautifully done well :) I know how hard to work on plant modeling. Thank you. Good idea - with flowers produces perfume :) I dream of full blooming flowers in a meadow. I send to improve the mood - beautiful flowers in the meadow. :)