Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RedKetchup work in progress....

Started by RedKetchup, March 01, 2017, 10:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: despo_20 on May 30, 2017, 02:22:59 AM
Yeah! Looks amazing Ketchup!!!
The stones are perfetc, maybe the bricks look too big  ;)

the bricks always been that way since day 1 of the work of nmt 0.1 ^^ i only reworked the 2x4 tiles texture by using "flip horizontal" for the last 2x2 creating the corner effects.

so i heard you guys... in simple couple of clicks, i could just put another texture for the buildings of darkstones (TP and Mill). i ve put the same as i used for the wood canal's buildings :)
which came from the old chapel/church of CC

i agree. i looks better.

i also fixed couple of bugs that i saw....
1. missing smoke point for mill chimney.
2. missing create spots for the fishies in fishing docks.
3. fishermen werent facing the good direction.
4. changed the letters of the icons of OldStones and SandBricks.
5. the footprint arrow beneath the bridge was still showing.
6. the "filler" piece didnt had his water at good level (-0.96).
7. fixed the flickering when 2 canals were overlaping from changing/adding new directions (3way,4way,corner)

there is probably more.... but it will be at people telling me those ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

purringcat

RedKetchup

Do you guys want the 4X Now , or you prefer to wait to have all 6X and 8X with it ?

elemental

When I saw the preview of the dark stone canals in your 3D modeling software I thought Ouch... that's dark. But it looks so much better in the game. And I agree with you, it looks even better with the church stone buildings.

I'll be using this but I'm happy to wait if it makes life easier for you.  :)

QueryEverything

That is fantastic what you've been able to do in such a short time :)  They look fantastic @RedKetchup :D
And thank you for taking another look at the textures, for me it was just a case that in the screens I wasn't seeing the 'building definition', there was no light & shade, which was such a shame to not see the work involved. 
I'm an old Goth from way back and I love dark on dark, but even I found it a little difficult to make out the refineries in the work, and I can only imagine someone else whose monitor may have a darker resolution etc.
So, please know I wasn't being mean, I hope it didn't come across that way.  :)

When you're ready to release ;)  We can have now - or if you want to wait, download button finger will wait :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

like i said in PM .....

for sure you cannot use the dark texture on a desert sand map ! it will look unearthly ^^
but i am sure with a dark swamp starting condition (like @Paeng  favorite texture map^^)... it will look awesome !

RedKetchup

by the way ... i didnt see any anwsers about if people want the 4x now or wait the 6x 8x ^^

so ... i started the 6x 8x ... then i ll wait when those will be done :P got no answers :P

but the good news.... i already done : 6x 8x straights, 6x 8x fillers, 6x 8x docks, 6x 8x fishing docks, 6x 8x trading posts, 6x 8x watermills, 6x 8x 4-way :)

left to do : 3way, corner, end, bridge, and gate :)

RedKetchup

so i was working on the bridge to extend it to 6x and 8x   :-[

note about bridges and whats left to do ... it is more complicated. it is not just push things 1 tile away and fill with water lol
but it has part that still need to reach the other side, the 2 sides, and it asks me to modify them.

bridges are ones of them.

6x : no problem, i scaled it 150%, fixed a bit the texture here and there cause bricks sizes got also a 150% boost ... ^^ i still did it quick.

the 8 x was different. in fact 8x is 2 times 4x :) so i thought i would just place 2 bridges at the end of other and the total of 2x X 4x would give 8x ^^
but i had to make some filling pieces to not have a down curve in middle and going back up  :P (screen 1 and 2)
a bridge to bridge the two bridges lol

once done ... i was wondering IF i would have just took the bridge and make it 200% bigger ? of course the bricks got 200% bigger too that i ve got to fix. (screen3)

so now i have 2 different style lol

QueryEverything

I answered ;)  @RedKetchup :)
I said I'd be happy to have them either now, or when they're all done :)  I'm nearly finished destroying my current map, so will be looking to add to it.  It's a 'debug' map, so quick build and run type things at the moment. 
My gosh, I do love the city build aspect of it all when debug is running.  But, then I have to go back to 'walkthru' mode, and then I start again, new map, old school (but modded).

So, when you're ready :D 
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

i finally chose... the 2nd bridge option only. the first one looks too strange  :-[

i have an errant to do ... will continue next one after :)

RedKetchup

so... for the gates.... 6x done.... 8x ?? haha 2x more water deserves 2x more water buckets ^^
and 2x more "virtual bannies" to operate them ^^

despo_20

The gates are my favorite part in this mod!

I love how they appear in game  :)

brads3

since you started the water idea, can a building be made to pump useable water out away from the stream? i have seena couple maps where it made sence to dig a ditch or something to collect water instead of digging down. Ds has a nice water wheel water pump but it puts the water in a storage tank.
be nice to have a similar pump but to be able to move the colect point away from the river a ways.

kid1293

Should not be impossible.
You have vanilla nomads. Only coming if you have a trading post and a market.

Make a water deposit. Only buildable if you have a pump station.

RedKetchup

i am not sure. a canal and river are 2 things very different in water quality. i dont see anybody drinking this water. and it is even the opposite, instead to take water.... it gets all the used water from civilization ^^

i should have made pieces with an hole and iron bars , and with used water that fall into the canals lol. but i understand your idea :)

maybe if i put the "ceasar" "roman" meshes into game.... i should do a water pomp and make roman canal that bring waters :)