News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RedKetchup work in progress....

Started by RedKetchup, March 01, 2017, 10:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

so i am back to NMT3.0Series: Food

i finally decided, after 2 weeks lol of thinking about it and what i ll do ..... :P

i decided to give up of the dense orchard named "Field"
and let everything going to the standart Orchard  :(

i ve got to change numbers though. Usually the orchard produce between 50-65 fruit. Wild gathering between 16-22 :S
so i decided to simply change the numbers around and give 36-48 to blueberry and raspberry.

yes wild blueberries by gatherer will produce more  :-X
the Orchard blueberries will produce less than apple in orchard setup but i made them give fruit almost right away the following year instead waiting 3 years an orchard produce.
the extras of first years will maybe compensate giving food very more quickly. also same apply during an orchard life, some are cut and reseed... there too it will produce back faster after reseed.

same for raspberry.

-------------

i redid also the grape trees. i know it wont be perfect..... but i ll keep it as i made it at last. (screenshot 1) they will give 50-65 as regular orchard fruit trees.

i also did the Coconut trees ^^ lol in game they are gorgeous^^ (screenshot 2)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Fellow Villager

great! could you add some wood structure to the grapes? usually grape grows on a wood support

kid1293

Not funny.
I was doing a tropical greenhouse for growing coconuts.
Took a break and found... coconuts.  :(

Always one step behind you, RK.

:)

Paeng

Quote from: kid1293 on July 05, 2017, 10:23:18 AMa tropical greenhouse for growing coconuts.

Ummm... really? Man, coconut trees (palms) are TALL... up to 20, 30 meters... that's gonna be some huge greenhouse  :D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

kid1293

Abandoned

oh nuts, coconuts.  :(  what's wrong with pineapple, mangoes, bananas, oranges, lemons ?

brads3

elemental

Quote from: kid1293 on July 05, 2017, 12:20:01 PM
Yes, huge. Not small, not tiny.

I like the idea of a large greenhouse for tropical trees very much.  :)  Growing tropical fruit in the snow just isn't realistic at all. I know many players won't care and I know not all maps have snow, but most maps do.

I don't know if you are planning to pre-fill your large greenhouse with plants/trees the way Red has has pre-filled his greenhouses, but I would really like to see an empty greenhouse plus a set of ghost plants so we can fill it ourselves. That way each greenhouse can look different, rather than all of them looking the same. It also lets you match the plants inside to the crops that the greenhouse is producing. Just an idea for you to consider.  :)

embx61

Excellent idea @elemental

Just make them all ghosted and with some luck some other mods can just be used as well. For example Kids Deco Pack what fit my Irrigation Channels pretty well and save me a helluvah lot of time not having to create a whole bunch of scrubs.
Why reinvent the wheel when the stuff is already out there?

This saves on poly's too. The modder can just mod a empty greenhouse and be done with it. LOL
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

elemental

CC has a few tropical ghost trees and plants already. Plus Kid has some very tropical-looking ghost plants, too. If it's a huge greenhouse then we should be able to fit some trees in, no problem. Even if it's just in the centre, which leaves room for smaller deco plants around the edges.

QueryEverything

@RedKetchup loving the orchard ideas :)

Ahhh coconuts, some synergy there :)  Watched Kickboxer: Vengeance last night (must say though, as an aside, Dave Bautista doesn't do any justice to himself as a baddie :( , but lordy lordy lordy, Jean-Claude ... 56 and still ...  oh my), and there are a couple of coconut references in it.   JCVD quietly chanting coconut will forever visit me in my sleep ;)

Please, (in my best "Oliver" voice may we have some more? Decorations that is, a ghosted coconut decorated like 'Wilson' (a la Tom Hanks' friend from Castaway, or as the coconut from KB:V, that was a hoot!!) or a swinging disembodied head?  ;)  The rest of my kickboxer DVD's are on the next shipment over on the next trip, hahaha!!

I like the idea of the empty greenhouse @elemental & @embx61 , it's why I was thrilled when @kid1293 bucked conformity and gutted the tailor/blacksmith from the rowhouses and created 'shelter' from them, players were then able to go and add their own designs to the buildings - definitely could see the same here.  The mod can come in 2 parts - the functional, being the greenhouse and it's production, and the design, with the ghosted decorations - and if they are coded/modelled in the same settings as how EB needs them, then they too can be used with his irrigation channels :)
Win/Win :D

Now, back to these coconuts - now, @RedKetchup you can't do Coconuts without Lime ;)
Any little witchling learns that, the first day on the job ;) :D

"Put the lime in the coconut"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ihb6FLSh64
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

embx61

Hi Query :)

Good to see you back again :)
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

wow there were alot and alot of replys when i was sleeping lol

essentially :

no there will be no more wood support. it doesnt worked well cause the game turn around the mesh without any control.
yes coconut trees and look weird in snow... but like you said , not all maps have snow. and i made them grow in the 70s degrees and not too much down. it will certainly be kinda a bit bad in cooler environment.

and yes , the next in my list are :
Lemon
Mango
Orange
Pineapple
Apricot

i guess i can add lime to it ... oh also i want kiwis. (here in quebec, canada  we have kiwis. it is growing very nicely in our country)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

Apricots would be good for wood bakery with bakery plus.  :)  Lots of choices and nice looking fields.

QueryEverything

Quote from: embx61 on July 05, 2017, 04:40:28 PM
Hi Query :)

Good to see you back again :)

Good to be back ;)  Thanks @embx61 

@RedKetchup
That looks like a really good list of fruits, they are common fruits and can be used in different recipes in the future, by different buildings :)

Yes, Lime is a good addition ;)  Goes with the Lemon, quite a lot actually.

Kiwis are very popular over here too in Australia, you're in good company.    They go well on pavlovas, yum yum yum!!  (Often with passionfruit, but berries in this picture).
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/traditional-pavlova/5e336628-e743-4aea-a57b-bfb58cc212d0

See, you shouldn't sleep ;)  That's when you're ambushed ;D

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]