Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RedKetchup work in progress....

Started by RedKetchup, March 01, 2017, 10:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesoPL

Quote from: embx61 on July 11, 2017, 10:48:10 AM
@DesoPL

Some want compilations others want mods separated.

If I make a set some ask to get some parts of it separated,
If I make all separated some will ask to add several or all of them in a big mod :)

Let me first say that there is no right and wrong here and it is just players personal preference.

But for the modder it can become a updating nightmare to make several versions of the same mods.

I have done it and will continue adding to the unified mod, Although Unified will always be a bit behind. Latest Unified don't have the irrigation channels and the boarding house yet integrated but is up to date with everything else I created so far so not that bad behind.

If a modder need to update one mod he have to do it twice if he decides to make a compilation mod besides his stand alone/sets and to be honest we rather create new things then to keep digging in the same code twice.

Almost all my older separate mods in the download section are not updated for a long time because it is just too much work.
Last update for most of them was just game breaking bug fixes and making use of the community toolbar.

Since I created the production/storage/housing sets I decided to leave them but updating will be either very slow or not at all.

That was the reason for me to create several buildings in one PKM what makes a bit of sense. Some chains with several building which will work together in a production chain(s)
It is not perfect but at least it is a middle of the road approach what hopefully make sit a bit easier on the players but for sure makes my life a bit easier :)

Last I know is that Shock was in the hospital but seem to be out of the hospital and recovering and a couple of days ago I read that kralyerg seems to be sick too.

I wish them both well.

Time ill tell if both return or not.

I know, and i wish for both best though. About mods... Problem for me with mods, is putting them in game, well... If i download via steam, is allright. Worse is, if i download from non steam source.

embx61

So if you put a PKM in the windata folder, start the game, enable that mod, restart the game, it is not going to work with steam?
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on July 12, 2017, 06:32:19 PM
So if you put a PKM in the windata folder, start the game, enable that mod, restart the game, it is not going to work with steam?

of course yes, all the time.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

well !

another little NMT house model has been added to the "F" variants :)

btw , something else i want to talk... this Peak's Valley map , GRID version is so lovely !
each start a new map and i just check my model ... i always find this map is so awesome and just wish to go just play it! lol

lol

Abandoned

Well now, @Mr. Red, it looks as if I will have to wait longer to do a map with Garden Walls Utilities until I can have some of these great looking matching houses.  So I will need to use the clay chain also, correct? I will be patient.  :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Abandoned on July 13, 2017, 06:03:41 AM
So I will need to use the clay chain also, correct? I will be patient.  :)

as NMT Canal system. 1 will ask wood, similar to wooden house, 4 will ask stones, similar to stone house, and 3 will ask bricks :)

adelegarland

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 13, 2017, 02:40:02 AM
Where are these little houses, they are really neat!   which download are they in?
thanks! :)
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

RedKetchup

Quote from: adelegarland on July 13, 2017, 07:24:46 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on July 13, 2017, 02:40:02 AM
Where are these little houses, they are really neat!   which download are they in?
thanks! :)

very soon ™

RedKetchup

another "F" alternate : a 4th model ??  :P

DesoPL

Quote from: embx61 on July 12, 2017, 06:32:19 PM

They work, problem is i am too much lazy to download much seperate mods.  :'(

RedKetchup

Quote from: DesoPL on July 13, 2017, 12:16:34 PM
They work, problem is i am too much lazy to download much seperate mods.  :'(

Oh! Come on Deso !
it is not that much of a work!

Savidan

I like them :)

But one of the texture looks too saturate and it look strange ... especially with the ground of peak's valley that is less saturate. The other texture are really realistic.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Savidan on July 13, 2017, 03:16:05 PM
I like them :)

But one of the texture looks too saturate and it look strange ... especially with the ground of peak's valley that is less saturate. The other texture are really realistic.

which one ? (the fire brick set ?)

Savidan

yep or Blood brick set :)

But on an other map floor it could match better maybe.

RedKetchup

yeah bah we have plenty of maps texture in game with mods....
it is also like the darkstones one... . metch better with swamp map texture