News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RedKetchup work in progress....

Started by RedKetchup, March 01, 2017, 10:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grammycat

Thank you-you sure have been a busy bee lately!  Has anyone requested that the flowers from your Garden Walls be made into decorative items?  If not, maybe you could add it at the bottom of your list?  They are so lovely.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

grammycat

YAY!  Thank you-don't know how I missed that one.  They are just so pretty.

QueryEverything

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 19, 2017, 02:41:29 PM
hmmm

i can say ... the new Transparent Glass Technology ™ of Bartender looks awesome in greenhouses :)

I was wondering, sorry to just drop on in ... but ... @RedKetchup I was wondering if at least one of the walls of the Greenhouses could be flush against the tile edge. 
I want to use @embx61 new irrigation system and bring an irrigation pipeline right up to the buildings, so that it looks like they are being plumbed in (it's a decorative effect, not practical - the building doesn't pull water from the irrigation) - so, it would need at least 1 wall flush with the tile edge.

Or, at the very least, @embx61 would you be able to build a 'wall mount' connector piece that would connect to the walls of Red's Greenshouses, and @kid1293 Botanical Garden?
I like the idea of the bannies being smart enough to plumb in the irrigation channels.  :D

:D  Thank you  :D

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

embx61

It all depends were the walls are located in the several mods.

With closed house it does not matter if the piece go a good bit inside the house as it will not be visible.
It looks a bit odd though to have a gutter running through the wall and the wall will block the water as if the water is running against the wall instead of running through a hole in the wall.

What I can maybe do is a round piece of closed pipe from the Gutters into houses as no water flow is seen and the pipe just go through the wall.

If I make that piece about 1 1/2 game tile long it will fit most houses I think.

I just center it on the Y axis tile, about same height as the Gutters, and then about 1 1/2 game tile long.

As if Bannies are bright enough to do some plumbing I not sure about. I have seen Bannies starve to death while standing right in front of a Barn with food inside  :P LOL

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

QueryEverything

See, that is why I have some of the ideas, but the modder, you @embx61 and the other amazing talent here, bring it to life :) 
You see the smaller details, the finesse, from the cloud that I have partially formed :D ;)

In other words, more simply - that rocks, I like it, thank you very much  8)   :D   ;D

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

embx61

I like a lot of your ideas Query :)

The whole irrigation on crop fields was your idea :)

And please don't feel ashamed because some of your ideas are not going to work as you describe them.

Your idea will work if I just use pipes instead of gutters so the idea to go from the gutters into a building still stands and I will do it if I get to the Irrigation again what is soon. :)

RedKetchup

it is alot more easy to make a ghosted water pipe than redo entirely all greenhouse :P

embx61

That is what I going to do.

Just a ghosted round piece of pipe what just go through the walls :)

RedKetchup

yeah thanks. cause we cannot move walls around without destroying everything that are attached to.

embx61

With the greenhouse I have to look at your fbx to see what pipe lenght I need as I don't want to go to deep in the greenhouse because the inside is visible :)

But for all other buildings a round pipe will be sufficient even when the pipe goes a tile length in the house :)

RedKetchup

a played abit again today ....

i picked up a little list to do for my Editor's Choice personal version :)

fix orchards to have rows every 2 tiles (not 3 as vanilla)
make a better looking wood butcher (much similar to Old Wood housing texture)
i need to check for Buzy Laborers.... i like the feature to ask go harvest wild and herbs.
add starting conditions : use my seeds instead of vanilla one or all of them (probably)
i can maybe check to add iron ore and change the template of vanilla blacksmith to turn ore into iron.
i also liked alot the watching towers of training camp... i miss them. but i need to be redraw because it was way too small.
and if i do, i ll need to edit vanilla tailor to add fur coat.
i need to finish my orchards to add the full list to it.

i wont use the community toolbar for it though : will put my housing next to vanilla wood house and my personal specialized stockpiles instead of vanilla one. replace the orchard by the new one.

embx61

O yeah, I edited the orchards for my beloved wife to have 2 rows instead of 3 and made them ever living as well.
Vanilla orchards are a pain already with the short lifespan and to have more empty spaces makes it even worse :)

I hope to work a bit on the village set later tonight or tomorrow.

A huge list to do. Town Hall, Forester, Fishers hut, Gatherer, Hunter, Wood Cutter, Tailor, Blacksmith, and a Tavern.  ::) LOL

After that somewhere in 2022 (LOLOL) I see if I can change the pasture as well. :)

Try to do all the Vanilla buildings in several sets but all matching.

The Herbalist is pretty close already so only change that one a bit.

embx61

I am testing if the boat dummy is right now. I rotated them 90 degrees but remember that I did the same for the priest in front of the church and the game just ignored it and that dude was still facing the same way  ???

So lets hope the game recognizes the 90 degree turn of the boat dummies.

While waiting for a trader to show up to check I developed a bit the town.

Man, I was quite amused by using the village set and I got the eager just to play for a bit. (I did not really play for about 2 years)

I going to start a new game and play a game to see how my mods together with some others are holding out together.
It will give me sometimes a nice break from modding even when I just play 1 or 2 hours a day between modding sessions.

QueryEverything

Thank you @embx61 :D 

@RedKetchup I wasn't sure if it was a matter of positioning on the tile, or how that was designed, it's not something I've looked into.

Does that mean then, that the small beach houses, the ones you did months ago - would need to be completely redone if I were to ask to have them reduced to 2 tiles wide, not the current 3?

I was trying to create a beach today, I had a great map with and with the riffles mod by Necora I was able to create a good slope to put a beach slope area into it (I just now need to find a good sand texture that conforms with the slant, but that doesn't exist yet) - anyway - with the houses, I had wondered what it would be like:

Instead of 3 tiles wide - the house the same size, but on 2 tiles, so they completely fill the tiles, but they can also sit right alongside each other, like row houses. 

If you were to say no, I understand - you have a lot (lots & lots, lots) to do - it was just something I thought of today when I was designing the beach area.

I did want to know though - even if you couldn't change the way the houses fit on the tiles, could you please change the front tiles to road or ghost (overhang even would be great) - I want to place sand road under the front of them along the beach front, but I can not.

-----
I wonder, because I do like the original set, perhaps in the future, a 2nd set (so there would be 4 icons) - the original, then a 2nd with:  2 tile houses, where they can fit together like a rowhouse, or a tile a part for a road way. 

The beach houses here some are separate with enough room for a walking trail between them, or other snug against each other. :) 

But definitely, please, the ability to lay the sand roadway right under them would be terrific.   Thank you.
Sorry for babbling.  It's been a long, long day. ;)
--  this is not a priority, it's just if you decide you want to do something with them :)