Not perfect, but it's a start.

No!
THATS GREAT !!
thanks you !
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

I am pretty limited too with Photoshop.

But I think with a selection or whole texture in case of your roof texture you go to Image --> Adjustments --> Color Balance and play with the three color bars.

This can change the colors of the texture. I did this to get the different color of the Village Set :)

I am sure there are probably different and even better ways but I got the result I wanted by doing this.

Hue saturation also under Adjustments can be helpful to make the wood look old (Saturated) by dragging the saturation bar to the left.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

some adjustments i am used to do with another program : ThumbsPlus 9

this is why i am not that great with photoshop

elemental

It took me 5 steps but I don't remember what I did. There are so many options in photoshop that unless you write down what you do it's virtually impossible to do it again. One trick when you are changing colours like this is to duplicate layer after you make each change. That makes it easier to explore your options.

Image --> Adjustments --> Selective Colour, Hue/Saturation, Colour Balance, and Brightness/Contrast are the main tools I use when I play with colours. It's all just trial and error until you get something close to what you want, and then you can fine tune it a bit. Sometimes it's very easy, sometimes it just doesn't work very well at all. Really depends on what you are trying to do.

wiscoke

@RedKetchup "This one is the 16th roof texture of the picture, the wall are Red Bricks so you want me to give the 18th texture to red bricks, and keep the 16th for white stuco ?"

yes that would be great.

are you going to change the houses too? the shapes , I mean?

RedKetchup

the shapes ? no. the change they get they will a bit smaller and hopefully less height(or high)
the original size was 4x6 with road.... now they are 4x5 with the road. so they will be a bit smaller but i ll keep same shapes and same look
although there will be more color and more textures of them. (which isnt hard, just some names to change and re-export under a new name.fbx)

the upgrade system wont comeback, they will be under same kind of toolbar as NMT Little houses

meanwhile ....
someone asked me to do 1 more set of city roads with grey sidewalks and red brick roads :)
(waiting to see if he is happy with the changes on this or not)

DesoPL

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1568.0;attach=20793;image

I like that wooden one! Any chances, we can have more buildings with that texture, and eventually smaller roads but wooden? :)

Savidan

@embx61: >There is many way to did it, but if you want to fit to a desire color there is a better way though
- You add a layer to desaturate your start picture.
- You add a layer you fill with the color you want and you change the mode to "inlay" (It should be that in english but i use it in french)
-If you want to adjust the light, you add another layer "Bright/luminosity"

The good thing to do that way is that you can re-adjust after if you dont like it.

@RedKetchup : I love your new roads !!!

elemental

Thanks for sharing that technique. Much quicker and easier than fiddling about with colour balance etc. Cleaner result, too.  :)

embx61

Like I said that I was pretty sure there are way better ways to do it in Photoshop.

Mt knowledge in Photoshop is just basic stuff.

I will certainly try this technic the next time I want to tamper with a texture. Thanks for sharing :)

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Savidan

RedKetchup

thanks you @Savidan  :) i took both and put aside of the @elemental  one. i ll check closely and compare when i ll add this color to a roof :)
i didnt got a PM back yet for City Roads... so i should continue the multi story housing today.
i need to go back first to add the stucco and redo all the colors :) and this is there also i need to choose the roof textures :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: DesoPL on August 08, 2017, 02:08:43 AM
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1568.0;attach=20793;image

I like that wooden one! Any chances, we can have more buildings with that texture, and eventually smaller roads but wooden? :)

there is NMT Little Housing that use that wooden texture :) and they are so incredible !
there is also a barn made to replace vanilla one :)

Savidan

Rooooh the barn is looking really nice, I want it ! :) I'm looking forward to play with it :)

RedKetchup

but the stucco doesnt fit all the wall textures, specially for 1st floor. i remember in nmt2 on 1st floor, the stucco wasnt there often