News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Steam Update to Beta 1.0.2

Started by rkelly17, May 29, 2014, 07:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkelly17

I know that not everyone here uses Steam and I respect your decision. For those who do, I have Beta 1.0.2 set to auto-download on Steam and when I fired up Steam just now it downloaded some update (it isn't always forthcoming with details). The Banished splash screen now says 1.0.2 Build 140527 at the bottom. I'm not sure what it said before. Anyway, use this information as you see fit.

solarscreen

@rkelly17 The official 1.0.2 update has been released on Steam and on Humble.  You have to use your HumbleBundle email link to get the new program downloaded.

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

slink

Yep, us "others" have our patch now.  And a backup copy of the old directory and registry entry.   ;)

Kaldir

Me "steamer" has a backup copy of the old directory too. When you tell Steam not to update automatically, you can also put any version in that directory. No difference there. Only difference is in achievements, which us "steamers" can't delete/change.

salamander

@rkelly17 -- FWIW, I also have the Steam version with auto-update set to 'on', and my current build version is the same as yours.  Maybe I just haven't gone through an update cycle, but I don't think that's the case.  My feeling is that this is the most recent build version.  Like you, I'm not sure what build version the 1.0.2 update might have started with.

rkelly17

@solarscreen, what I meant to say is that I already had 1.0.2 via Steam from when it was first available, but that today Steam updated it again. Maybe a new version of 1.0.2? Since Steam doesn't tell you what exactly it is updating it is hard to tell. Perhaps the mythical Luke in releasing the beta patch to Humble Bundle had make a couple of minor changes that also went to Steam? That's pure conjecture.

slink

Quote from: Kaldir on May 29, 2014, 09:46:58 AM
Me "steamer" has a backup copy of the old directory too. When you tell Steam not to update automatically, you can also put any version in that directory. No difference there. Only difference is in achievements, which us "steamers" can't delete/change.

It's apparently a difference from the average gamer who doesn't have someone to do it for them.  My point was that I backed up my old version myself, not that Steam doesn't do that for you.   :P

solarscreen

@rkelly17 the steam beta is NOT the final version. The steam update installed the final over the top of the beta.

Luke fixed several issues in the beta.
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

Kaldir

Seems he didn't fix every bug yet. Just had a nasty very consistent crash with my most recent game. Can't continu that town now, it seems.