News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Vanilla achievements

Started by twilightbreeze, August 22, 2017, 02:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twilightbreeze

I wish the vanilla achievements would let you include mods. Some of them sound like a fun challenge. Any way to change that?
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

embx61

Tom Sawyer tried it with the North to add his own achievements but it was not what he expected.
It seems that by just placing some footprints without building certain buildings it gave instantly the achievement.

We can do nothing about changing the Vanilla achievements as it is hardcoded.

I understand why Luke disabled achievements though with the use of Mods as some mods are just plain cheats  (5x more stone, logs and Iron) More speedy citizens, storage cap increases on smaller footprints, and so on.

So the achievements make no sense anyway with some of those mods loaded as it is not really a achievement to produce 10.000 Iron with a for example "Give me 5x more Iron" Mod loaded.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

twilightbreeze

Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

Tom Sawyer

I did not give up the idea of in-game achievements and also wrote to Luke to fix this darned detail which makes it not working. So I hope it will be possible one day. :)

FeaGalaxia

I wish you luck and success! Not so much for the vanilla achievements (I know I can do it, I don't need a star) but to add new ones. I'm still learning the game, but I plan to try the north eventually, and that looks like something achievement worthy XD