News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Odd and humourous things in the game

Started by galensgranny, September 01, 2017, 03:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

I got the icon of a bannie death.  I clicked on it and it said the teacher went crazy and was banished!  ;D

I built a new house and then clicked to see who moved in. It was an adult and a one year old child. Some time later I checked on that house, and there was just a 3 year old living alone!  No one had died at this point so the adult had to have moved out, abandoning the child.   The child managed alone and is now a healthy 10 year old, still living alone. 

RedKetchup

then you found a very selfish family which try to get 2-3 houses for themselves.

this a family that had : 1 father, 1 mother, 1 child. the couple has divorced and pickup both house. the father or the mother has gone with the children in the new house while the other stayed there. and then you made another house, that adult has let the child there and gone pickup the new house since she/he was not really living in that 2nd house.

you always need to keep an eye on "who" take it. ^^
i saw this many time :)

you need to kick them. kick that adult, kick that child (by faking the demolition) you will see they will be back again all together in the first house ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

ancientmuse

Geez....

That takes the definition of "latchkey kids" to a whole new level !

Charles Dickens' era of Victorian London orphans anyone ?

What next.... slave labour workhouses for the poor abandoned wee tots ?!

???

galensgranny

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 01, 2017, 04:32:57 PM
you need to kick them. kick that adult, kick that child (by faking the demolition) you will see they will be back again all together in the first house ^^

Thanks for the tip, RedKetchup!  I will do that in that type of situation.  I hadn't thought of doing that.

Paeng

Quote from: galensgranny on September 01, 2017, 11:39:32 PMThanks for the tip, RedKetchup!

Yeah, that's very important, specially in the first 30, 30 years...

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 01, 2017, 04:32:57 PMyou always need to keep an eye on "who" take it.

Watch it in your townhall - when there are more houses than families, I look inside every house to see where are the singles, or just males or females... fire all your builders for a while and set those houses for demolition. All the food store will be emptied (good in case you're short), then you can let those houses sit until your house vs. families situation has levelled again. Then slowly activate the houses again, one by one and check that they fill with suitable men and women...  :)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Oenanthe

i have noticed that at times it seems like you could write a soap opera on what happens in the towns, particularly early on when you can keep track of families a little more.  Brothers moving in with sisters (guaranteed on an Adam and Eve start), Some guy living with his Mum and his Sister (same person), divorces where the husband moves out and takes their son with him, or 50 year old bloke moving in with a 10 year old girl, not to mention the 12 year old girl living alone and getting pregnant.

I also always read the messages on the loading screen when starting a new game, I'm not sure if it's just something CC have added but some of them are hilarious.

brads3

depending on the start settings and age mods,it can actually be han dy to let the family split into 2 houses early in game.say you started with A&E and built a small house that fits 3 bannies,now you can't have more than 1 child.if you built a 2nd house and the family split,you gain 1 child in each and the chance for 2 more as well,total 4 as opposed to the 1.
   as for young girls and older men living together,this can be limited by different versions of age mods and schools.generally the bannies will finish school before moving out from the parents. if you check the change log files for the 1:1 age mod,there are many versions. adjust to your own style. even the propertime mod ,that i use,has a couple versions. different players had different wants and ideas. check the thread for those. ENJOY.

twilightbreeze

I won't let my bannies "divorce".  If I build a house for, say, a newly graduated from school adult, and when it's finished another bannie who is married moves in, with or without children, I'm like, nope, no divorce, you chose that person you stuck wit them, lol. I fake demolition, then after a min reclaim and usually the newly grown kid gets the house and the attempted divorcee is back with the original mate. All is well. hehehe.

And sometimes, I get a pre-warning of sorts that that person might try to move out after being established as a couple, because I get flashes of that person being homeless, then back with mate, then homeless, lol....like they are fighting and gets kicked out, then made up and allowed back in. Rather funny.

Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

Daenelia

I can't help but chuckle when a child is born with a name similar to one of my family members. I try to follow those to see how their lives end up.

Once, I had a good village going and it was just doing well. Then nomads knocked on the door. Since I didn't know what to do, I made a savegame right there. Then tried to play it with accepting the nomads, which went badly. So I went back to the savegame and refused the nomads. Still turned out badly. Tried it a third time, and the experience of both first two tries helped me make this time a success! I was just more aware of juggling food and resources. It's fun to see how you can make a bad situation turn out okay after all.
To hear with eyes belongs to love's fine wit - WS

JM

Odd, but not too humorous story: Adam without Eve.

Once in a while, in version 1.1 or somehow I started a new game with settings of mountains, hard, harsh. I had 8 adults and 7 children. Before I could do anything, the winter returned and seven adults froze to death. There was only one girl at age 0. What now?

I built a house and a woodcutter, dug wood tree by tree. The food was approaching zero, the winter was coming, there was no time to build a fisherman or gatherer. I had about 30 or 40 firewood and I hoped it would be enough. I picked up mushrooms and blueberries piece by piece using zoom and collect resources. It was obvious that someone would die of starvation. Suddenly ... two boys matured in a man.

The situation has improved, I built the fisherman and sent them there. Unbelievable, nobody died. I don't know how I did it. All of them always had a yellow circle overhead.

Next I will build a blacksmith and a school. Everything look promising. When the girl gets to school, I'll have four adults. I have even decided to build stone houses in future.

The girl matured, married a boy of reasonable age, and had three children ... three boys. Gods, why are you angry with me? But well, it's not all lost. The sons grow up and move away and we can still have a daughter. I built a new school in the neighborhood to keep the kids close.

At the thirty-nine other child ... another boy.
I gave it up.

RedKetchup

haha bad luck can be very mean sometime ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .