News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant - Rickettsville, a vegetarian experiment

Started by irrelevant, June 30, 2014, 05:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

surprising. we really need to be able to decide which market/barns/stockpile can allow this specific kind of goods or not, and the quantities allowed.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

I agree in principle, but you know what? I forgot to do it. The wool sat there in that market, and the tailor went and got it, and the coats got made just fine.

irrelevant

Early Summer 13. Progress at South Market.

irrelevant

Winter 13. Enough progress has been made that the way forward is clear.

Screenshots 1&2 show the situation at South Market and North Market, respectively. Screenie 3 is the undeveloped land in between, and the Market I am going to build there. Very close to the existing markets, but I have come to believe that Markets are far superior to barns for farm product collection and storage. The stuff has to get to a market eventually, and this eliminates an extra transport step. A market costs more than a barn, but it also is far more flexible.

Screen 4 shows the entire Three Market complex, and may give you an idea of where I am going with this. Going to fill in the area between North and South with the same sort of development.

irrelevant

This shows South Market and the direction in which the next stage of development will occur. This ground itself isn't so great, but the point is where it leads.

It leads to the river crossing shown in Screen 2. After putting down two Trade Posts and a Market, I'll cross the river and put down another TP/Market combo over there.

That leads to the magnificent wilderness of Screen 3. Farms and orchards as far as the eye can see.

irrelevant

Good progress in Screen 1 - Late Summer 14, and Screen 2 -Early Spring 15. Since the last screens, got a very welcome batch of 14 nomads.

Going to put orchards down at Middle Market. Walnut for protein, Plum for Ale production, or some of each?

irrelevant

Pretty.

RedKetchup

yeah /agree , pretty :)
if they dont have food with that and still hungry ..........  ;D

Btw , how many TP (made/in progress) you have now ?

irrelevant

Still just the original 3 TPs. I won't make more until I get to the river on the south end. That will be some more years.

RedKetchup

oh ok 3 made, plus 3 to come :) you see ? i follow your blog ^^  ;D

irrelevant

Okay, Summer 19, and four years have passed (it moves faster when I spend more time in game and less time blogging about it).  ;)

Screen 1 - the Port, the forest nodes, North Market, and Old Town. My one nod to making things pretty is the nomad landing pad near Town Hall, and the unconstitutional conflation of church and state in the plaza in front of the Chapel.  ;)

Screen 2 - Middle Market, and the farms.

Screen 3 - South Market, and the future. Note that there is an Herbalist out in left field (or right field in this case) at the edge of the farms. That's because after I did a big forest clear-cut down there, there were tons of herbs growing all around. As soon as they've all been harvested, I'll demolish that Herbalist.

update: The herbalist is done there. She harvested 75 herbs for 300 Trade Value (TV). The total cost was 15 log and 6 stone not recovered totaling 72 TV. So a net profit of 228 TV. Worth the effort? Probly not. But I was also proving a point. Folks don't have to wonder where Herbalists can and can't work. They can work anyplace on the map you can see herbs. They will, however, only grow back in or near a forest; doesn't have to be "old growth" though.

Like @rkelly17, what's holding me back is a labor shortage. Could surely use a big jolt of nomads right now. I'm ready for 'em, got 3-4 years of food in the bank, plenty of warm coats and tools, and space in boarding houses for 50.

@RedKetchup I'm honored you are reading this. I'm not nearly as fast or as creative as you, but I think I'm doing pretty well here in Rickettsville.

irrelevant

So that's Open Door Square on the left, and Separation of Church and State Plaza on the right.  8)

Wish there were different designs for wells. I normally don't care so much about such things, but if there was a nice ornamental fountain, I'd put one there in the center of Open Door Square.

irrelevant

Early Summer 22, finally got the orchards going. Still not enough farmers though. Lots of old-timers dying this year.

First Port is up at Nomadville.

irrelevant

Late Summer 22 -- Planning for the river crossing.

Bridge, and road improvements. Next the two houses on the far side. Next, however many of my guys I can convince to go over there will do a clear-cut. Then, the market.

Next, extend out with four houses and a barn, then two forestry nodes.

Meanwhile, houses or maybe a boarding house, 2-3 woodchoppers, and a blacksmith at the market, and the port.

RedKetchup