Main Menu

Mod Set: Japan

Started by angainor88, December 30, 2019, 06:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

The tailor building came out great!

angainor88

Market complete!

That leaves... 12 buildings left (not including houses or storage...)

Glenn

The detailing looks great, but i was wondering if the buildings are a little dark in game?

taniu

@angainor88 ;D the buildings are nice in Japanese style - buildings are  too dark - is it a dark green color? maybe 2 variant with a lighter color? I like brighter colors but this is just a suggestion on my part. Regards

kid1293

Hi. Just my two cents...

The buildings are a bit dark but they are in a unified style (very important, I say)
You can later decide if you want to add a brighter texture to the whole set.
You are doing good. Very nice buildings!

:)

angainor88

Hi all!

They are a bit dark, but mostly from the AO shadows I think. I may lighten them later, but I want to finish the set before I do it, so they can be consistent. All lot of traditional Japanese buildings use plain wood, stone, and plaster, except for fancy buildings like Buddhist temples and rich people houses.

angainor88

The Bizen School is done! A little brighter than the others, but still a lot of shadows from the overhanging roof.

kid1293

That is a huge improvement in the color scheme.
A few of these and it is a living breathing surrounding.
Good work :)

galensgranny

Those new buildings are very nice!

colleen1

Wow these are so beautiful and very exciting! I'm researching Japanese urban planning in preparation ;D

angainor88

Jomon Fish Weir!

Has an F variant to make it face the other direction so it goes with the flow of the water (for visuals, not performance). The basket sometimes floats when first put down, because it's set to road height, so when the road is built it won't float anymore.

Glenn

A nice little addition

angainor88

The Shinto Shrine is complete!

taniu

angainor88

Thanks taniu and everyone!

I finished up the Soan teahouse so everyone can have some tea now :)