irrelevant - Gnaw Bone: going for Mountain Men, Isolationist, and One w/ Nature

Started by irrelevant, September 25, 2014, 06:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

And finally, a merchant arrives with ordered goods. Yes, more expensive; when the alternative is nothing that you want, who cares?

irrelevant

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

I knew it!  ;D

I will add in a number of mods now, but I also need to decide on a goal.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Bobbi

I have enjoyed following your journey with Gnawbone. Perhaps now it is time to build a castle or play with some other mods.

irrelevant

@Bobbi Thanks!

You're so right, it's high time to do a town with a judicious selection of mods. I've been looking at which ones to use. Here's what I've decided on so far:

RK Warehouse
RK Irrelevant Tweak Crop
RK Creamery and Dairy
RK Decorative Items
RK Small Chapel
Longer-living Orchards
Better Fields
Flatten Terrain
Fountain Mod Lite
Town & Textiles
No Wind

I thought about using Bobbi Special DoctorHouse, but I have put so much thought into how I would use fences at hospitals, I want to try out those plans instead.

If the small market buildings were ready, I'd use them too  :)

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on October 05, 2014, 03:42:28 PM
I thought about using Bobbi Special DoctorHouse, but I have put so much thought into how I would use fences at hospitals, I want to try out those plans instead.

Be careful, @irrelevant. The little buggers sneak through the gate and idle inside the fence. I figured Bobbi Special DoctorHouse was less messy than death rays or some such. Together with the fences at appropriate distance from the hospital it gives you much more freedom in hospital placement.

irrelevant

@rkelly17 You're probably right. And there's few things more annoying than those hospital idlers.

Bobbi

I think you should use the no idlers doctor house. It doesn't change a lot in your planning, as you still have to build in out of the way places to avoid contagion, it is not as if you really want to plop it in the middle of town. It just prevents the little jerks from traipsing clear across the map to idle there even when they have another idle spot right next to their house.

irrelevant

rkelly17

Quote from: Bobbi on October 09, 2014, 09:28:00 AM
I think you should use the no idlers doctor house. It doesn't change a lot in your planning, as you still have to build in out of the way places to avoid contagion, it is not as if you really want to plop it in the middle of town. It just prevents the little jerks from traipsing clear across the map to idle there even when they have another idle spot right next to their house.

@Bobbi, have you tried @RedKetchup's stone fences alongside the DoctorHouse mod? If you surround your hospital with a fence 6-8 spaces out from the building and leave only the one gate in front it cuts off the traffic and the only people I've seen enter the hospital are the physician and sick people. I don't build right in the center of town, but I can build it much closer when it is fenced in.

Bobbi

QuoteI agree, I now plan to use Special DoctorHouse (I love that name
*cough* that's BOBBI'S special doctor house *cough*
Quotehave you tried @RedKetchup's stone fences alongside the DoctorHouse mod? If you surround your hospital with a fence 6-8 spaces out from the building and leave only the one gate in front it cuts off the traffic and the only people I've seen enter the hospital are the physician and sick people. I don't build right in the center of town, but I can build it much closer when it is fenced in.
Yes, I posted a screen shot somewhere, I think on the Doctor House thread. I'll post again here. Yes, you can build them in much more convenient places, but I still haven't dropped them right in the middle of town. I remember when I first started to play this game, my lovely town centered around the market with the hospital RIGHT NEXT TO THE SCHOOL. I still awaken at night shuddering at the horror of it all.

irrelevant

@Bobbi  Bobbi's Special DoctorHouse, a thousand pardons! :)

This is a shot of the hospital in my first town, conveniently located near any number of idling spots. ;D