News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Wandering through...

Started by elemental, November 15, 2018, 10:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elemental

This thread will be a collection of various images from my games. Something I've been intending to do for ages now but never seem to get around to. Don't expect comprehensive village blogs, just random bits and pieces. For me, Banished is more about the scenery than anything else. It's a beautiful world that I like spending time in.

First up, I've been playing around with the @embx61 village set, especially with the new wooden house deco pieces. There are are 5 houses in this little cluster. All the houses here are the exact same basic model with various deco add-ons. The house closest to the sheep pasture is the basic model without any add-ons except for the porch floor piece.

You get almost endless variety with this deco set. It's great.  :)

Thank you so much, EB.  :)

brads3

yeah,goodie. it is always good to see new and different ideas. those flower gardens look like something my grandmother would have planted. most of my towns you will find a lilac or 2 somewhere in her honor.

embx61

Your welcome :)

The idea came from gatherer and you I think.
The idea was a good one. I see that some verandas even fit , although not perfectly, around the Barn. I never tested that so maybe they fit at other buildings of the sets as well depending on roof height and walls placements.

The dormers right next to each other was just luck. I found it out by accident it was possible.

In future houses sets I will do windows/doors/roofs at certain distances so more addon stuff like flower pots, awnings, lamps, etc. will fit.
A design of 1 house would do as the addon can make them look all different and will look like 20 houses were designed.

Thanks for the pictures. It does not have to be a blog.
Beside some testing most of us modders not really play the game to try all kind of stuff.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

elemental

Part of this is about giving something back to you modders who do all the hard work. You all say you don't do much playing, which is a bit of a shame I think.

Yes, the deco bits fit on quite a lot of your other buildings. Not always a perfect fit but very close and good enough for me. I think that barn would make a really nice looking house. Perhaps you could add a barn-shaped house to your village set? It's fairly big so it could house a larger family. Perhaps 8? You might want to move the door and add a few more windows, but the basic structure could be used unchanged.

embx61

A new housing set will be started not too far away in the future.
Because I have to only design 1 or maybe 2 shapes it will be way more easy to do without running the risk of getting burned out on it.

I will use the roof design of the barn on those. Then i will directly do dormers, flower pots, awnings, verandas, etc. together so it will all fit nicely together.
Yes, I sometimes like to play and do so a little bit, but then I see something what either can be changed or added and so close the game and start 3ds max again.
It is just how it goes :)

elemental

Quote from: brads3 on November 15, 2018, 10:33:37 PM
those flower gardens look like something my grandmother would have planted. most of my towns you will find a lilac or 2 somewhere in her honor.

You're gonna see a lot of gardens in my pics. I don't do cities. Small villages with lots of plants.

The lilac is part of my new trees mod that I made with Kralyerg. Sadly that project never got finished. Kral put some stuff in MM but there was a second batch of plants that as far as I know was never released.  :(  Some of them are great but many need a lot of work, and it's not something I can do by myself because all I do is the textures, no coding. I do have the 3D models for those plants, though, if EB or someone else would like to help put it all together into a working mod. You will probably spot some of those unreleased plants in my pics. There are two in front of the barn, actually...

embx61

Sure, just send me the meshes and textures and I will take a look at them.

I was allready looking for some plants online but most are either really crap or just too high in poly.
If your meshes will work out I can add them to the planters mod I am currently working on.

brads3

yep,i use that deco tree mod a lot. usually use the willow trees y the fish piers and lilacs and dogwoods near cemetaries.EB if you take up trees,the vanilla oak needs help it looks like a green triangle gumdrop.hence, i plant more birch trees or let the wild trees grow in spots.RED did recently add some nice cedars to the RK set. and KID's plant mod has some nice shade trees.

theonlywanderer

Looks like a great start!!     All that color really helps to break things up and define each house.

elemental

I've been testing @Discrepancy's Thompson trader mod.

The wharf pieces look great. :)  I'm guessing people might want to use this wharf set for more than just filling in a few tiles near trade docks. They have so much potential. I mentioned in the other thread that some deco planter boxes would make a good addition, the pics show what I was thinking of. I've used @RedKetchup's Garden Walls planter boxes. DS, perhaps you could retexture Red's planters to match your wharf set?

Discrepancy

Very nice :)

and yes, some planter boxes are on the way.

wiscoke

@elemental  nice screenshots.
Those yellow flowers between the reeds, from which mod are those?

Abandoned

@wiscoke the yellow irises and lilypads in the water are from tanypredator's mod Water and Other Decorations mod  :)

elemental

The reeds are from CC or MM. The water lily mod is here:

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=174

I wish we had more water plants in Banished.

theonlywanderer

Even with the latest MM, there is still a definite need for more plants, ground covers, smaller bushes, etc..   things that can go around houses and bring them to life.    It is quite amazing the difference it makes adding weeds and flowers and plants, just makes things come alive.   Would be nice to see an actual mega deco pak with lots of goodies.