News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Diagonals - A Pet Peeve

Started by Paeng, January 31, 2017, 04:03:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

Take 2, as the forum ate my post the other day...  ;)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out this screenshot - we could totally build this in Banished... if only we had more diagonal structures  ;)

* found on Reddit
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

TheOtherMicheal

@Paeng  Oh yes! I know someone did this with a windmill (a diagonal facing F-variant) and there's also the diagonal house versions in Small Town Row Houses but I'd love to see more types of buildings with diagonal placement. Now I know Discrepancy did get some success with his diagonal dock pieces and I know roads aren't really the same thing and I also realize that diagonal placement is not a particularly easy thing to do when you're making a mod (because of the way the game was designed and it sometimes causes issues with the pathfinding for the citizens) but I'd love to see more diagonal street pieces as well, (Colonial Charter and Discrepancy's DS Roads are the only mods I know of that have some diagonal road pieces but they are limited in the types they have).

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Antiligent

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 31, 2017, 06:19:56 AM
City roads have diagonals :)
Which version? In City roads v1.1 i don't see them :-[

RedKetchup

Quote from: Antiligent on January 31, 2017, 07:31:41 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on January 31, 2017, 06:19:56 AM
City roads have diagonals :)
Which version? In City roads v1.1 i don't see them :-[

oh ya, sorry. i "disabled" them before offered the mod (too much erratic behavior of the "terraform" mechanic)
but i maybe found an alternative :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Paeng

Quote from: TheOtherMicheal on January 31, 2017, 05:36:34 AMI know someone did this with a windmill (a diagonal facing F-variant) and there's also the diagonal house versions in Small Town Row Houses [...snip...] Colonial Charter and Discrepancy's DS Roads are the only mods I know of that have some diagonal road pieces

Yeah, RedK gave us the windmills and a diagonal blacky... in CC there are (triangular) Ghost pieces for most types of roads... and Kid's set of diagonal row houses is unmatched so far...  ;)

All in all, support for diagonals is still spotty though... I'm not expecting that every building gets a diagonal partner, but it would be nice if every set (be it housing, workplaces, industrials, fences, walls) would include at least one or two diagonal structures (even as F-variants) that we could use to build against diagonal rivers and mountains, to break up the boring grid, and so on...

I see it more as a long-term strategy, not a "one-shot-mod", so in time we can collect enough diagonal structures to make town-layouts more interesting...  :)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]