News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

[Solved]Couldn't find source fbx file when running BuildResources.bat

Started by skywillnosky, December 30, 2016, 06:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skywillnosky

Hi there, as title, I got some problem when running BuildResources.bat.
The error message is "Couldn't find source fbx file".
Here is the part of one:

Compiling 'Models\Buildings\IronMine\IronMineBuild01Picking.rsc:resource'
Couldn't find source fbx file 'Models\Buildings\IronMine\IronMine.fbx'
Resource 'D:\game\b\BanishedKit\resource\Models\Buildings\IronMine\IronMineBuild01Picking.rsc' can't be built because its source resources are missing, trying to load from pack...

I confused about .fbx file. I know that is a 3d object file. Are they in data0.pkg, data1.pkg, patch0.pkg or patch1.pkg?
If not, where can I find them ?
TKS ;)

kid1293

Did it compile?

You often get those messages and the compiler looks for the missing files
in data0.pkg data1.pkg...
If it finds them they will be included. Then you shouldn't bother about
the error message.

The resource files are not available. We have to build our own models.
No fbx's and no textures, just the example files.

What were you trying to do?

edit - Oh, you were running the Buildresources.bat (stupid me - learn how to read! )
Then it is probably something with your paths.
You install to directory 'BanishedKit' and it should work. No spaces or extra symbols.

Did you copy data0.pkg, data1.pkg, patch0.pkg and patch1.pkg to your working directory?
(Mine is 'D:\BanishedKit\bin\WinData')

Did you edit anything before you run the bat-file?

RedKetchup

any of the 3d fbx files , nor any of the 2d png files has been provided for the extraction of the data files to prevent any stealing of his graphic works/animations.

when you do buildresource to extract all .rsc files... you just ignore all these "cant find" they arent necessary to the processus anyways.

then after , if you try to make a mod that change or recompile with changes some of the original building, you need to not include in your mod folder any of these build01picking.rsc or mesh and dont go further than the template. in the template it is mentionned build01picking.... if he doesnt find it in your mod folder, he knows where to find it in the data.pkgs files but if you put those in your mod folder, it will search to process it (it will end up to see those links: mine.fbx...) and then will search for it. or you provide a new .fbx or it wont find it in the data.pkgs. so take out any of the picking/mesh.rsc of your mod folder unless you provide your own 3D graphic.fbx

i hope it makes sense for you
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

skywillnosky

Did it compile?
>>The bat file execute without crash, but  I'm not sure whether it compiles completely or not.
You often get those messages and the compiler looks for the missing files
in data0.pkg data1.pkg...

If it finds them they will be included. Then you shouldn't bother about
the error message.
>>Well, It looks like fbx being included in .pkm file, but we can not extract fbx from the .pkm. I guess.

The resource files are not available. We have to build our own models.
No fbx's and no textures, just the example files.
>>Does that mean the tool banished toolkit provides can't extract fbx file from .pkm file?

What were you trying to do?
>>I just want to change some value from the existed object.
EX: make Firewood value 4->2

edit - Oh, you were running the Buildresources.bat (stupid me - learn how to read! )
Then it is probably something with your paths.
You install to directory 'BanishedKit' and it should work. No spaces or extra symbols.
>> Yeah, I read the manual, No spaces or extra symbols.:)

Did you copy data0.pkg, data1.pkg, patch0.pkg and patch1.pkg to your working directory?
(Mine is 'D:\BanishedKit\bin\WinData')
>>I am sure that I copy data0.pkg, data1.pkg, patch0.pkg and patch1.pkg  to my working directory.

Did you edit anything before you run the bat-file?
>>I only edit Buildresources.bat like...

bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build Dialog\Loading.rsc
bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build Dialog\Loading.rsc:gameLoad0
bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build Dialog\Loading.rsc:gameLoad1
bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build Dialog\Loading.rsc:gameLoad2
bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build Dialog\Loading.rsc:gameLoad3
bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build Dialog\Loading.rsc:gameLoad4
bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build Dialog\Loading.rsc:gameLoad5
bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build Dialog\Loading.rsc:gameLoad6
bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build Dialog\Loading.rsc:gameLoad7
bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build Dialog\Loading.rsc:gameLoad8
bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build Dialog\Loading.rsc:gameLoad9
bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build Dialog\Loading.rsc:gameLoad10
bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build Dialog\Loading.rsc:gameLoad11
bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build Game\GlobalResources.rsc
bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build Game\MenuResources.rsc
bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build Game\GameResources.rsc

if not exist bin\WinData\Save\ md bin\WinData\Save\
copy resource\Save\*.sav bin\WinData\Save\

pause << this is new

kid1293

I took the time to compile my resources.
Yes I got an error (real error) too.
This time it was the files for pepper that was missing.

I didn't know there was an error since I didn't compile resources earlier.
They are not needed for modding.
You can safely delete all in windata except data0.pkg, data1.pkg, patch0.pkg and patch1.pkg
and be able to make and compile mods.

read this thread - http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1276.0
if you want tips on starting to make small adjustments.
There is a LOT of information hiding in the forums. Or ask. It works too. :)

edit - No we can't extract fbx's from pkm

Happy New Year!

skywillnosky

any of the 3d fbx files , nor any of the 2d png files has been provided for the extraction of the data files to prevent any stealing of his graphic works/animations.

when you do buildresource to extract all .rsc files... you just ignore all these "cant find" they arent necessary to the processus anyways.

then after , if you try to make a mod that change or recompile with changes some of the original building, you need to not include in your mod folder any of these build01picking.rsc or mesh and dont go further than the template. in the template it is mentionned build01picking.... if he doesnt find it in your mod folder, he knows where to find it in the data.pkgs files but if you put those in your mod folder, it will search to process it (it will end up to see those links: mine.fbx...) and then will search for it. or you provide a new .fbx or it wont find it in the data.pkgs. so take out any of the picking/mesh.rsc of your mod folder unless you provide your own 3D graphic.fbx

i hope it makes sense for you

>>Yeah, I try to make a mod that change or recompile with changes some of the original building, that's what I need.
But I don't know how to get start , is there any tip or manual to teach me to do that?
TKS

skywillnosky

I took the time to compile my resources.
Yes I got an error (real error) too.
This time it was the files for pepper that was missing.

I didn't know there was an error since I didn't compile resources earlier.
They are not needed for modding.
You can safely delete all in windata except data0.pkg, data1.pkg, patch0.pkg and patch1.pkg
and be able to make and compile mods.

read this thread - http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1276.0
if you want tips on starting to make small adjustments.
There is a LOT of information hiding in the forums. Or ask. It works too. :)

edit - No we can't extract fbx's from pkm

Happy New Year!
« Last Edit: Today at 05:39:52 AM by kid1293 »
>> thanks kid, it's work for me

RedKetchup

when you compile your resources and prepare your modkit ..... yes if you pause it during the process you will see some "cant find this fbx, or cant find that .png" it is normal.
the developper made that to protect his graphic files and his graphic works.
but everything should be fine and the modkit process and modkit building should be fine and not stop till it is done.

the process should not halt due serious error and crash. if it does, make sure you use the good number of version toolkit (.zip) and the good number of game version (data.pkgs)
not use any strange caracters and no spaces, and dont put in program files folders, start at root of one of your drive. and follow the instructions. make sure you install the direct x libraries and visual c libraries and reboot.

RedKetchup

now if the toolkit installations has been completed with success (out of the minor fact that all graphic files has been hidden) ....

and you have problem to make a mod and compile it .... then the errors are made there. look around there are some thread that explain how to make a simple mod.

can you explain exactly what you try to do as mod ?

QuoteWhat were you trying to do?
>>I just want to change some value from the existed object.
EX: make Firewood value 4->2

In your BanishedKit folder, you will make a folder named "Firewood2"

inside that firewood2 folder, you should have these :

Package.rsc with:
PackageFile Firewood2
{
String _name = "Firewood value Change";
String _author = "Skywillnosky";
String _description = "This mod change the value of firewood from 4 to 2.";
String _icon = "icon.png";
String _preview = "preview.jpg";
int _userVersion = 1;

// all files in resource directory
String _includeList
[
"*"
]

// exclude package files, mod files, file used for building packages
String _excludeList
[
"Package_*.crs"
"*.pkg"
"*.pkm"
]
}

Icon.png ( which is a 48x48 graphic file you made with a graphic program and which the meaning of this icon goes with what you mod should do)

Firewood2Resources.rsc with this inside:

ExternalList resource
{
External _resources
[
// toolbar - references building and everything else - nothing else need be listed here
"/Template/RawMaterialFirewood.rsc"
]
}

then you create a folder in that folder named "Template"
then in that Template folder you will put a Copy/Paste of the original RawMaterialFirewood.rsc which you will find in BanishedKit/Resource/Template folder

then you will go edit that copied pasted RawMaterialFirewood.rsc and you will check the "value" paragraph and change the number "4" for a "2" like this:

int _baseValue = 2;

Then after that just need to create your .bat file.
you comeback in your BanishedKit folder and you will create a "buildFirewood2.bat" file that you will modify and put this inside :

bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build Firewood2Resources.rsc /pathres ../Firewood2 /pathdat ../Firewood2/bin
bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /mod Package.rsc:Firewood2 /pathres ../Firewood2 /pathdat ../Firewood2/bin

it should compile and you should not have anything else in your Firewood2 folder (no UI folder, no Models folder... nothing else. here in this mod , you dont need anything else)

after you successfully compiled it , in your Firewood2 folder should see a /bin/ folders appeared (and sometime a /Build/ folder) : thats normal, dont touch those. thats your toolkit that built those.

You will comeback to your /BanishedKit/ folder and you will see at top a "/bin/" folder and you will go there , and inside you will see a "WinData" folder , go inside that folder.

Thats where your created mod will always end up. check the list and you should see a "Firewood2.pkm" file <= thats your mod !!!

if you want to play that mod, go place it in your Banished Game mod folder : if you use steam, your mod folder should be located :
SteamApps/common/Banished/WinData folder (not sure where if you have a StandAlone Banished game.

launch the game, enable your mod, quit and save. and relaunch the game and start a new city. if you want to enable it in a pre existent save, you will go to return in your mod window and re"enable" it for that speciific save.

skywillnosky

That's great!! RedKetchup.
But in Firewood2Resources.rsc, I tried "Template/RawMaterialFirewood.rsc:value"  instead of "/Template/RawMaterialFirewood.rsc".
(references:http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1276.0 provided by kid1293)
It also worked!!O_O

kid1293

If you write

"Template/RawMaterialFirewood.rsc:value"  instead of "/Template/RawMaterialFirewood.rsc".

the compiler will ONLY compile the 'value' paragraph not all the file.
Since you only changed 'value' it's OK.

Good habit to name the paragraph(s) you use.
If someone else changes something ( weight ? )
there is no collision if both stick to that rule.
Else the first one loaded will be used.