News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Bannocks vs Hardtack

Started by a50, February 28, 2020, 04:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a50

I have a bakery ("Old Bakery") that is producing Bannocks rather than Hardtack.  I have the production set to Hardtack -- Bannocks is not even an option.  What are Bannocks anyway?  Are they better than Hardtack?

brads3

maybe you have a mod with a language translation? there are many of them as Banished is played all over the world. or could be the modder was from a different country also. try moving the old bakery mod higher above whatever mod is setting it to bannocks ,or lower depending on which is causing it.

kid1293

You probably have a DS mod with a Bannock bakery higher in the mod list.
He uses the Hardtack files but has changed the name. Nothing more than a name confusion.

galensgranny

@a50   Bannock is a kind of bread cooked in a skillet.  It can be cooked over a campfire.  Hardtack is like a cracker that can last a long time since it is dry.  The game people don't care which one they eat so neither is better as far as the game is concerned. 

a50

Thanks guys.  I have no individual mods involving bakeries that I can move up and down.  The only mods I am using are MM8.01 and Cathedral.  Bannocks sound good.  Now I am wondering if this is something that might need to be addressed within MM8.01.