News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

FIELDS PROBLEM not producing food,remove fields then dead spaces

Started by brads3, June 30, 2016, 08:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

not sure at what year this started happening but it is spreading to other fields. the fields were producing food for several years even.i slowed down my expansion projects so workers are all caught up n on the fields. they ARE working the fields but never no crops growing no harvest. at 1st i thought it was a road glitch,from having roads to nearby. i can remove the roads and anything near the field n build on those spaces.However if i remove the fields the spaces the fields sat on r dead<shows red,click on it nothing is there>. i can not build anything-field,building etc except roads over those spaces. i have tried buiding rooads over the entire area and then remove the roads. same result dead space,cant build on it.i threw test after testat it this morning ,which is how i found out it has spread to my original fields that worked for 30+ years. any ideas guys????? i'm stuck.

RedKetchup

i guess you dont have fences all around ? (since they are working)...

whats about the temperature ? like enough warm to not have snow but really not enough hot to start to grow (bad RNG) ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

No that isnt it. what bothers me is the workers r on the field n yet i get no growth even. no crop just dirt. have ran the map serveral years with no building or land clearing either. strange thing is i can not remove the field. it doesnt exist when u click the area but a 10x10 field of dead space is caused. i cant build nothing on  it except roads. can build and remove roads ,doesnt fix problem thou. and these fields are near where i started the map so i do know they were working til the last 5-10 years.i was expanding over a river so wasnt watching these areas of the map til i had problems with food. i stopped expanding n let the workers all catch up when i see there is several fields with this problem. only major mod change i did recently was i put NMT above CC. but i may have had this b4 that n just didnt catch it. i build a village get it stable then go build elsewhere, get it stable then expand. so if it happened at a big uptick in population i mighta missed it. with 1 field it would only b 500 food. got me puzzled. :-\

RedKetchup

brads3

wondering if my comp changed the mod order. i checked this morning and my mods are turned on but i had certain mods specifically above others n they look reversed. i woulda thought it would either effect all fields or shut down the game entirely thou.

RedKetchup

thats possible !
it never good to inverse mods order after really start to build the town. it is always best to do it before RNG a new map or at least, paused asap it starts and change it before you put the first footprint layout.

brads3

in case anyone else ends up with this problem i found the mod order seems to have been the cause. completely reordered all my mods,turned off some i wasnt using, and the problem changed. i was able to place orchards on top of fields. the fields would overlap each other.  ended up having to move NMT below CC then the fields didnt overlap.