News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Forum Challenge #5: Trading Empire

Started by solarscreen, July 14, 2014, 06:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mariesalias

@solarscreen Thanks for the clarification!

I have been trying to post up a screenshot or two but the site just isn't letting me today. But I am going to give this a try to see how many traders I can handle!
Town name is Severlot (I just let the game pick it), and the seed is 411823914 (got it from a seed thread on SRforums). The rest is large, valleys, mild, disasters off, and easy start (for a change and for the sheep).

RedKetchup

i dont like alot this challenge cause i m totally unable to just .... ignore the merchants docking on my trading posts. i pass all my time to deal with them, like 90% of my gaming time.
it is stronger than my will, cant resist to go see and do some deals, always.

i really dont know how i ll be able to deal with 48-72 trading posts lol  :-[
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

Quote from: mariesalias on July 21, 2014, 10:28:46 PM

I have been trying to post up a screenshot or two but the site just isn't letting me today. But I am going to give this a try to see how many traders I can handle!
Town name is Severlot (I just let the game pick it), and the seed is 411823914 (got it from a seed thread on SRforums). The rest is large, valleys, mild, disasters off, and easy start (for a change and for the sheep).

lol i ve been able to put 60 TP on your river and the lake connected to it ... + 9 TP on the lake to the north, if it connect , and 13 more on the big one in top right of your map (if also this one too connect).
so ... 82 TP total lolz

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 23, 2014, 05:37:25 AM
i dont like alot this challenge cause i m totally unable to just .... ignore the merchants docking on my trading posts. i pass all my time to deal with them, like 90% of my gaming time.
it is stronger than my will, cant resist to go see and do some deals, always.

The first step is to admit that you have a problem.  ;)

Bong . . . .  Bong . . . . Bong . . . . Bong . . . .

RedKetchup

Oh i have ! I have a problem :P i am definitely a tradingpostoholic  :-X

mariesalias

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 23, 2014, 06:04:25 AM
lol i ve been able to put 60 TP on your river and the lake connected to it ... + 9 TP on the lake to the north, if it connect , and 13 more on the big one in top right of your map (if also this one too connect).
so ... 82 TP total lolz

I considered several maps but I chose this one because looked like a really good map for this challenge. I've never auto traded or had more then six trade ports, I figured I needed any advantage I could give myself. ;D   

I would not anticipate me putting up 80 trade posts though.  :o

irrelevant

I have a hard enough time filling up 20, especially so with the larger size in 1.0.3.

nmid

Damn damn damn... I would have loved to join in this challenge D:

I have to stay strong and save myself from further temptation .........
but when... no, if..... I do, I'll start a new game instead of one of my older trading port villages :D

Thanks @mariesalias .. No wait, damn you.

:(...

I'm obviously conflicted. I'll go eat my breakfast now.

Offline mariesalias
Founder
Trader
View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Forum Challenge #5: Trading Empire
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2014, 10:28:46 PM »

ps : I still haven't figured out how to use the quote feature on these forums.. esp if they are a few pages old. :(

RedKetchup

if it s an old page i do manually

[ Quote ]   [ /quote ] <= with no spaces in brakets

solarscreen

Quote from: nmid on July 24, 2014, 05:27:52 AM
Damn damn damn... I would have loved to join in this challenge D:

I have to stay strong and save myself from further temptation .........
but when... no, if..... I do, I'll start a new game instead of one of my older trading port villages :D

Thanks @mariesalias .. No wait, damn you.

:(...

I'm obviously conflicted. I'll go eat my breakfast now.

Offline mariesalias
Founder
Trader
View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Forum Challenge #5: Trading Empire
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2014, 10:28:46 PM »

ps : I still haven't figured out how to use the quote feature on these forums.. esp if they are a few pages old. :(

You don't see the "Insert Quote" link over on the far right top of each post?  Click that instead of reply.

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

mariesalias

@nmid   Glad to see you back! I hope you'll join in the fun! :D 

To get the quote button to work from the main page there is a setting to toggle off (quick reply, I thing?) in Account Settings. 

solarscreen

Quote from: mariesalias on July 24, 2014, 12:59:27 PM
@nmid   Glad to see you back! I hope you'll join in the fun! :D 

To get the quote button to work from the main page there is a setting to toggle off (quick reply, I thing?) in Account Settings.

Ah, that's right! Thanks for that note!
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

rkelly17

Bobbi

@rkelly17, looking good. I have been bogged down with moving our office location, not finding much free time. My village has not even made it to year seven, I think. You are already at 70! Go go go!

Zephormite

Up to year 57 and trundling along. My village has 22 TPs in place, and another 18 currently laid out, it looks like both lakes are accessible for traders which will help (I have also tried to put two on an island in the middle of the lake, no idea if they will work yet).

I have cranked up to over 40 Taverns pumping out the Ale, but not really producing enough at this point, will need to crank up a reserve of food and resources and then have a go at building an ale reserve.