News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Canal Houses and Low Country Buildings *project*

Started by Funso, August 28, 2015, 06:15:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funso

Hello all,

Long time lurker and fan of Banished.  I'm super appreciative of all the modders and constant work that is put into this game to keep the fun coming!

Anyways, I decided to start playing with some 3D modeling which thus far has only led as far as Sketchup, but I should be able to get a copy of 3Dmax with my University email and stuff.

I'm interested in making some new housing for Banished and am inspired by both Belgium and Nederlands.  I want to make Canal Houses and other old buildings that you would find in cities like Amsterdam, Brugge, and Antwerpen to line Ketchup's canals  8)

I started a model that I attached to this post.  Unfortunately I'm pretty computer illiterate although I have tried to do my research and read into what you guys talk about here and on the CC site.  I'm miles away still from modding the game.  I don't even know where to go from here to be honest, but I will do my best to figure it out!

RedKetchup

i would say : take your time and take the time to learn :)
dont be too much frustrated.

check how the examples provided works, check the stonehouse.rsc is set.
experiment.

and if you have specific questions ... just ask :)
and Good luck.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Gordon Dry

As Red said.
It's worth it, you'll get a trillionastic downloads when the set is done.

Funso

It has taken me a while because I've been busy with some other things but I finally have one model I feel fairly comfortable with.  Still working on getting the textures right.  I can easily import the model into 3DSmax from sketchup but from there I'm pretty lost so far.

I think my mod kit might be having compatibility issues with Windows 10.  I would like see how to actually put a house in the game, just so I know I can do it.

assobanana76

I thought Google Sketchup was not right to make models for use in mods ..  :-\
Google Sketchup in the past I was doing!
I had designed an entire aquarium corner with wooden frame.
I designed the aquarium batten to batten to give the carpenter ..
then he told me how much money would have meant to do it and I left the project ..  :'(
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

they arent that bad... archeology ruins comes from there.
and all the 15-16 models i shown you at some point and asking 'what you think these building are ? ' .
the little test i made :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

assobanana76

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 14, 2015, 05:34:33 AM
they arent that bad... archeology ruins comes from there.
and all the 15-16 models i shown you at some point and asking 'what you think these building are ? ' .
the little test i made :)

wow! then I can create templates even.. if only I could find the time!  :-\
and in what format should I export?
be careful!!!
because the trip is starting to create my own market 12x12 !!  ;D ;D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!