News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discrepancy work in progress

Started by Discrepancy, May 31, 2017, 04:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raerae2

Thanks elemental. I finally figured out how to update 7zip when I couldn't open the new megamod either. Very frustrating but should be happy playing now with lots of new things.

brads3

make sure the files are completely downloading. there were issues a while back where files were saying done but were <90% downloaded.only solution is to wait and try downloading again and check the file size you have against what the mod says you should have. i have not seen an issue with the zipper not working otherwise.

Discrepancy

a lot of this seems to be with the new encoding winrar does after it upgraded to v5 - it is now using a new archive format that many earlier archive/extracting programs cannot read correctly yet.

Ensure you have downloaded latest versions, and check that they can unpack RAR5 formats.

From now on I will just pack everything as .zip files. I will eventually revisit these other mods that I compiled with winrar and new versions will be as .zip files.

Hawk

Quote from: Discrepancy on January 27, 2018, 06:00:01 PM
a lot of this seems to be with the new encoding winrar does after it upgraded to v5 - it is now using a new archive format that many earlier archive/extracting programs cannot read correctly yet.

WinZip did the same thing a few years back. Older versions of WinZip couldn't open zip files created with the newer version.
That was about the time I got 7-Zip and never looked back - after uninstalling WinZip and Win RAR.  ;)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Discrepancy

yes, the latest version of 7-zip works fine, and it is a completely free and open source program so I love it too :)

Discrepancy

So lately I've been taking a break from making all the new Fishmonger buildings.

Along with all the mods of nuts I've been making,
I've also been helping out @Yandersen with the Improved Mine mod, I must say I think the model I have made is rather nice, Yandersen has been very particular with how things should look, the mine has gone through numerous mesh changes/additions and though it has made more work for me ;) I have found that it has made me more particular on the details, and overall a nicer well finished building has been made.
A great job has been done on the terraforming and I think it is looking really good:

I have recently finished the completely new model rebuild of the Pick & Hen Tavern, along with 2nd texture:
it now sits on a wider 10x6, previously 9x6 footprint:

A few more texture enhances and then all I have to do is the rest of the buildings in the set ;)

Hawk

I;m liking what I'm seeing.  :)

What's the gal doing up on the roof?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Discrepancy

Quote from: Hawk on February 03, 2018, 02:28:15 AM
What's the gal doing up on the roof?
Not a roof, an upstairs balcony:

v1 had the balcony too  ;)

Hawk

[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Anjell

Ah very nice! Is that mine upgradeable & removable (meaning it won't stay on the ground after demolish) ? I really like the entrance and the fact that it doesn't take too much space like most CC buildings. That's super !!!  ;D

Ahhh, nice that you gave us an option for roof. Thanks ! Will the side Ale houses (forgot the name) still be limited to 2 per map ?

Oh and BTW I keep forgetting to ask somebody..... Why is it that All Taverns or Buildings that store Alcohol also store Materials & Food when you use the debug menu ? I'm sure there's something weird with the Vanilla coding cause playing around I even managed to get iron ore and logs stored in my Pick and Hen. LOL . The storage in the Alcohol buildings should only allow food or alcohol not materials i would think.   

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Yandersen

It is awesome, Discrepancy, that you show the progress on the Improved Mine here!
Quote from: Anjell on February 03, 2018, 03:11:59 AMAh very nice! ... I really like the entrance and the fact that it doesn't take too much space like most CC buildings. That's super !!!  ;D
Glad to see the people support the new look and appreciate the new concept. Would be nice to make it go in The Great CC, so all this details work I burden you with will have greater impact than just my little stand-alone mod idea it started with initially. I am so happy you picked it up and dig into it, this is great! :D

Quote from: Anjell on February 03, 2018, 03:11:59 AMIs that mine upgradeable & removable (meaning it won't stay on the ground after demolish) ?
Since I also play my little part in development, I will be dare to take the liberty to share my thoughts about that. Initially I was thinking about the default version of the mine being limited like normal vanilla mine but with upgrade option to the unlimited version. The unlimited one should require an additional iron for the upgrade and constant supply of log to run. The model shall differ by the rails sticking out of the entrance. The idea is to pretend miners use the trolley to carry the material out so the tunnels can be significantly longer inside. For the ore->iron concept where the output material is coal/stone/ore (not straight iron like in vanilla game) the unlimited version may also require iron supply to function (like if it is used to extend the rails deeper into caves internally). Just my thoughts, you know. You got the idea.

RedKetchup

bah you can start with a "IronMine" light version and then as you go with upgrades in upgrades as it is deplecated.... you call

UpgradeUIConfig upgradeConfig
{
   ComponentDescription _upgradeTo = "Template/IronMineLvl2.rsc";
}

and then at this one, you upgrade to lvl3 ... lvl 4...

{
   ComponentDescription _upgradeTo = "Template/IronMineLv3.rsc";
}

{
   ComponentDescription _upgradeTo = "Template/IronMineLvl4.rsc";
}

and in each template, not only you can ask for more building materials, but also you can put more "work units" to get those resource each time
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

elemental

Have you thought about using flags as a nomad attractor? Different flags could attract different amounts of nomads.

Discrepancy

:)

That is a very good idea actually. The resource of flags do need a better use than just decorative.