News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Editor Choice - FULL version 1.11 (Bugfixed)

Started by RedKetchup, August 31, 2018, 08:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

@galensgranny my guess would be that the problem might be with CC Journey or Maritimes Pine Set or another mod that adds spawn items or start conditions - DS, Kid Ghost Town, Multiple Start. I do not use them together, only 1 at a time.  Busy Laborers is not needed -RKEC has many special gathering tools.  Also some of those RK mods may be included in EC- creamery cow and/or others.

Sorry I can't be more help.  I have rarely had a problem or a crash.  Perhaps @brads3 can be of help.  Good Luck finding problem.  :)

brads3

Quote from: brads3 on September 02, 2018, 02:36:51 PM
if you pull those mod files out of the win data folder,the registry will remember them anyhow.the game will only load what is in the folder. just make a new folder on the desk top and swap the mods out.if it works then slowly re-add the mods back into the folder.the mod order will stay as it is now.

there are so many changes to the RK,it is hard to say what is causing the error. it could be a simple as the trees.i woud start by adding the mods at the top back in.good luck

this will help narrow it down.this won't change the mod order either. put a few mods back in the win data folder at a time startig at the top and work down to the RK.if it isn't there ,then add each modder's group of mods.

embx61

I see you have loaded Unified Mod. Do not know which version but the latest version have everything I made included so no need to load my other mods except the overrides.
But I see not many other of my mods so maybe you just a version of two three behind with the newest stuff not yet included and then it's okay.

Other thing is I fixed a food trader crash about 1 month back but the game only crashed when the food trader boat arrived so probably not related to your crashes.
The mods which were affected were Unified, Village, Village Storage. In the mods pages the change log tells when the food trader crash was fixed with what version number.
Fixed in Unified version 17017  --> current version is 17019
Fixed in Village version 17016 --> current version is 17018
Fixed in Village Storage version 17003. --> current version is 17004

I agree with brads to first load mods which spawn stuff to see if there is a conflict.
My bet is you have a decent PC to run all those mods you listed together.

Adding Mods to a save can sometimes give a heartache and indeed do crash so once in a while.
Mostly those are mods which spawns stuff all around which are added to a save which contains spawn stuff, start conditions.
I had that one time when I tested a bit The North with some of my Mods. When I loaded one of my mods it crashed.
But when I made a complete new mod list and loaded the North and about all my mods in one swoop it did not crash.

Mostly a act of making a save, enable another mod, reload and pray it not crash.
If no crash, save, exit the game completely and restart. Load the latest save and play a bit.
Debug can be handy for quick testing as you can add bannies, add all foods, animals and build stuff fast for free. It saves a lot of time for testing.
Rinse and repeat.

Yes it is tedious but the only way to get to the bottom of this.

I have a short break today from Modding so will download some stuff and do some testing to together with RK Choice 1.11.
I hope we can come to a solution.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

brads3

test 1, with pine and Nat Div enabled it does work. no smoke,lt rain,propertime,
issue or wierd anyhow: multi floor house icon for the single story is small about half the size as the 2nd floor.

was just a quick test to see if it would fire and run.

RedKetchup

she probably keeping some of my very old mods in case she want to start a map or old save which wont contain RK Editor Choice 1.11 ON.

I cannot believe you have so much mods in your mod list !!! seeing that, i am not surprised anymore you are crashing lol
but for sure, if you start and try to use any of my mods that is already included in RK Ed you are looking forward to try to get crashes

BostonHouse : <= Included in RK Ed FULL 1.11 , not included in LIGHT 1.11
BostonHouse2 : <= Included in RK Ed FULL 1.11 , not included in LIGHT 1.11
BusyLaborersVersion2ByDarkbibou :  <= Included in BOTH RK Ed FULL & LIGHT 1.11
CityButcher : thats ok
CityRoads : thats ok
college : thats ok
ColorfulLittleFence :  <= Included in RK Ed FULL 1.11 , not included in LIGHT 1.11
Compatibility107 : very suspect one. it exist only to make mork an old CC 1.0.6 on a 1.0.7 platform
CountryLittleHouse :  <= Included in RK Ed FULL 1.11 , not included in LIGHT 1.11
CountryLittleHouse2 :  <= Included in RK Ed FULL 1.11 , not included in LIGHT 1.11
creamery : Not from me ? not sure , i wouldnt trust that one and put in the garbage.
DecorativeItems : Thats OK
flatten :   <= Included in BOTH RK Ed FULL & LIGHT 1.11
HorseWagen : thats ok

ImprovedGatherer : you are looking for trouble. i already and strongly modified the Vanilla one, both mods cannot be ON in same time.
ImprovedHerbalist : you are looking for trouble. i already and strongly modified the Vanilla one, both mods cannot be ON in same time.
ImprovedHuntingCabin : you are looking for trouble. i already and strongly modified the Vanilla one, both mods cannot be ON in same time.
ImprovedMine : you are looking for trouble. i already and strongly modified the Vanilla one, both mods cannot be ON in same time.
ImprovedWoodcutter : you are looking for trouble. i already and strongly modified the Vanilla one, both mods cannot be ON in same time.
IntensifiedFishingDock : you are looking for trouble. i already and strongly modified the Vanilla one, both mods cannot be ON in same time.

littlechapel : my very old chapel, has a bug with CC

MoreStone : a cheating one, but can still work perfectly
MoreWood : a cheating one, but can still work perfectly

MultipleStarts : will conflict very badly with BOTH RK Ed.
NewDebug : a cheating one, but will work 100%

NewLimitVanillaTP : <= Included in BOTH RK Ed FULL & LIGHT 1.11
newmedievaltown : very very old Mod that has not been made to work with 1.0.7. 90% of everything in that has been included with RK Ed 1.11 versions. you should delete now.

NMT30ClayChain    -    -    -    -    -    -    MOD DISABLED : <= Included in BOTH RK Ed FULL & LIGHT 1.11
NMT30DecoCrop : thats ok
NMT30MultiStoryHousing :  :  <= Included in RK Ed FULL 1.11 , not included in LIGHT 1.11
NMTLittleHousing2 :  <= Included in RK Ed FULL 1.11 , not included in LIGHT 1.11

OldBakeryHouse : old mod but still can work even if outdated. probably you want the abitility to put its own 2nd floor to it. i understand.
OldBlacksmith : old mod but still can work even if outdated. probably you want the abitility to put its own 2nd floor to it. i understand.
OldHunterHut : old mod but still can work even if outdated. probably you want the abitility to put its own 2nd floor to it. i understand.
OldTailorHouse : old mod but still can work even if outdated. probably you want the abitility to put its own 2nd floor to it. i understand.

orchardism : i am not sure about that one, but i wouldnt trust it. i already modify a lot about Orchards, and orchards list.

Raspberry : Totally included in BOTH RK Ed 1.11 FULL and LIGHT. you go ahead of trouble with that one!
RedCreameryCows : Totally included in BOTH RK Ed 1.11 FULL and LIGHT. you go ahead of trouble with that one!
RedCreameryMain : Totally included in BOTH RK Ed 1.11 FULL and LIGHT. you go ahead of trouble with that one!

RKBeachParty : thats ok
RKBostonHouse : What is that ??? you already have a BostonHouse.pkm and a BostonHouse2.pkm so whats that ?? should delete that!
RKCemetery : Totally included in BOTH RK Ed 1.11 FULL and LIGHT. you go ahead of trouble with that one!

RKEditorChoiceEdition : YAY !!!

RKGardenWalls : I guess thats the decoration part ? decoration is ok, but dont load Utility one!!
RKTrainingCamp : Thats ok. but please put that below in the list. it alters the amount of food of many meat numbers.
RKWhiteFenceSet :  :  <= Included in RK Ed FULL 1.11 , not included in LIGHT 1.11

SpecializedStockpiles : <= Both RK FULL and RK LIGHT has already some kind of specialized stockpile, many more than this one can provide.

Strawberry : Totally included in BOTH RK Ed 1.11 FULL and LIGHT. you go ahead of trouble with that one!
TinySmallBarns : thats OK
WhiteHouse : thats OK

with all those mods included in 1.11 FULL , i dont see why you prefer to use LIGHT and add all those. at the end, you would save A LOT of computer resources if you use the 1.11 FULL version and delete all those included in RK 1.11 FULL.
I spotted some you should totally not use with any RK ED, you are going into troubles.

you really need to make an autumn house cleaning!! it is really time to do it !
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

RED,i normally have over 125 mods.i agree with the multiple start mod giving issues.i tried it and had weird farm outputs.it laos should override and stop the wild  animals and ores.

test 2: added more to try and break it.no crash or errors. even debug added the TH.no blank tags in inventory.used NMT 2.04,BS and dryer.both worked.turned nat div off.added several start mods: fortget orhard,forever trees,safety mines,couple others.tried EB's deco flowers to see if they would offset with the RK's. no crash

only running into fall.did send the builder to build a few smalll buildings.

embx61

Loaded RK Ed Choice 1.11 Full with CC Journey 1.74. And about all my mods. EB Village is loaded so the modular 4 mods and the 3x4 and 4x4 houses are disabled because they are all included in EB Village.
Lots of other mods disabled but still in the windata folder.
Enabled what I wanted and reloaded Banished. All went okay.

Started a new map Medium, Fair, Peaks Plains. RK is on top and CC below. Then about all my mods.

So far it is playing. still 60 FPS on full zoom out.

brads3

quick question: does GRANNY have air fare to come fix my mod order when i am done?

test 3: threw all kinds of stuff at this.no crash.tried to move the ND below the RK and enabled.added CC NF and dock addons.added the CC tropical GH.added various EB,NECORA, and KID mods.

brads3

TY EB.that was going to be my next test.i normally don't even download mods til in between games.

RedKetchup

Since Granny has a very specific mod list problem and it is not link to RK FULL 1.11 mod, i gone ahead and updated Steam Workshop last hour.

ENJOY !!!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1431789505

brads3

2 hrs and i can not break it....... let me try to put it in my save game. using a saved game with nothing built,140 mods including CC NF 1.06 with many CC addons and the older NMT.save game with buildings it will fail.nothing out of the ordinary.

only issue was those odd smaller house icons.

galensgranny

Thanks, everyone, for all you have written about this matter.  I did not yet carefully absorb all you have written, but I believe I found the problem!  Necora's Pine Mod.  So far, I have played a bit past the time when it crashed the other times, and so far, so good, without the Pine Mod.

Quote from: brads3 on September 03, 2018, 07:30:05 AMtest 1, with pine and Nat Div enabled it does work. no smoke,lt rain,propertime,
issue or wierd anyhow: multi floor house icon for the single story is small about half the size as the 2nd floor.

was just a quick test to see if it would fire and run.
Well, Brads, maybe the Pine Mod does not like all the mods I have all together and Reds RK EC lite was the last straw.  I hope that was actually my problem, since it seems that way so far.

RedKetchup

i hope you found your problem. it is very sad you cant enjoy this awesome mod !!!

i hope you will still read the previous post i made about some potential threat from your mod list posting.

galensgranny

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 03, 2018, 09:53:42 AM
i hope you found your problem. it is very sad you cant enjoy this awesome mod !!!

i hope you will still read the previous post i made about some potential threat from your mod list posting.
It seems I can enjoy your awesome mod, Red, at least so far if my problem really was Necora's Pine Mod.
No worries about any old saves, since I deleted them all.

I am in the process of studying your previous post to see what old mods I should take out.  It was getting confusing with what to keep and what might no longer be needed.  So thank you very much for that list.  I was trying to decide what to take out.  I didn't want to miss out on any of your mods/buildings.

EB, I am one version behind in your Unified mod, so will be updating and installing the new version.  So then that means take out the single mods of Large Beach, Ice Cream Carts, and Statue of Liberty, and the EB deco fences set.
Brads, you can just mail your computer to me, and I will fix your load order.   ;D   One of my main things is to have green ground, so to get that with all my mods loaded, I have to have RK EC above CC Journey.  If I do it the other way around, the ground is brown.  I don't get all the thatch and flowers from RK EC, but right now, I am only wanting green ground, and no snow.  So I need CC to get a starting condition with no snow.

embx61

I added the Pine Mod version 1.5 to the game and started a new map and it loads fine but within a few seconds it crashes and i have to use Task manager to close Banished.
I tried two times and both the same result.
I disabled CC to see if that makes a difference and a crash just a few seconds in game by just zooming out a little bit.

As I played a bit with CC I don't think that is the problem.

I think that something is clashing between Pine Mod and RK Ed Choice.
I think Necora don't share his sources in the Laboratory so no way of cross checking the code.