News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Editor Choice - FULL version 1.11 (Bugfixed)

Started by RedKetchup, August 31, 2018, 08:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

Quote from: embx61 on September 03, 2018, 10:20:09 AM
I added the Pine Mod version 1.5 to the game and started a new map and it loads fine but within a few seconds it crashes and i have to use Task manager to close Banished.
I tried two times and both the same result.
I disabled CC to see if that makes a difference and a crash just a few seconds in game by just zooming out a little bit.

As I played a bit with CC I don't think that is the problem.

I think that something is clashing between Pine Mod and RK Ed Choice.
I think Necora don't share his sources in the Laboratory so no way of cross checking the code.
Yes, that is what was happening to me- within a few seconds the game would crash when I had Necora's Pine Mod in my mix.  It did happen for sure one time when when I was zooming in.   So people who are having problems with RK EC and Necora's Pine Mod at the same time, might just not be able to use both.

I don't mind very much not having Necora's Pine Mod, except for his small wooden materials storage building.  But I can make stock piles and put covers over them.

RedKetchup

maybe both pine mod and rk ed both edit the vanilla pines. i didnt edited the mesh itself but only changed the texure..
then maybe if the pine mod substitued the vanilla mesh with its own mesh... maybe there is an incompatibility.

Quote from: galensgranny on September 03, 2018, 10:19:53 AM

I am in the process of studying your previous post to see what old mods I should take out.  It was getting confusing with what to keep and what might no longer be needed.  So thank you very much for that list.  I was trying to decide what to take out.  I didn't want to miss out on any of your mods/buildings.

i only took and talked about the RK names and some high risk mods. i didnt talked about embx/kid/ds mods because they are totally able to talk for themselves and they are the best for giving you info about their own awesome work :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

It seems that way GG.
When i read from you you thought it could be the Pine Mod I downloaded it and did some tests.

Just keep chucking along without Pine Mod and hope the crashes are resolved.
I am sure if the clash between the two mods is the case Red will be relieved it is not a bug in his code.
Pine Mod is maybe not bugged either, those two Mods just not like each other in one map it seems :)

Never really played with Pine Mod (I hardly play at all to be honest) but I think that Mod spawns trees and lots of other stuff as well and maybe it is just a bit too much.

While it seems some mods which spawn stuff do rather well (Maybe not perfect but at least no crashes) together, some are just not working at all together.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

embx61

If it comes to my mods they seem to work well with RK Ed Choice. I had them about all enabled when i tested with RK Ed Choice and had no problems.
This is of course no guarantee as I played about 1 1/2 to 2 hours with debug and not really tested every bit and granny of both mods together but it seems to be okay.
No crashes, no freezing, good FPS.

But some of my mods only have one start condition and that is the copper ore spawning.
Those files are the same as RK Ed Choice as I used Red's files as they are, I only edited the links to stringtable/spritesheet so should be 100% compatible with RK Ed Choice.

I think it is save to say all my mods will work fine with RK Ed Choice.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

galensgranny

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 03, 2018, 07:57:56 AM

with all those mods included in 1.11 FULL , i dont see why you prefer to use LIGHT and add all those. at the end, you would save A LOT of computer resources if you use the 1.11 FULL version and delete all those included in RK 1.11 FULL.
I spotted some you should totally not use with any RK ED, you are going into troubles.

you really need to make an autumn house cleaning!! it is really time to do it !
I thought my computer was not good enough for more things, so that is why just added the lite version, but apparently it is good enough.  I used to have excessively long game load times but maybe that was because of so much accumulation of mods that were then also included in other larger mods.  So I think you are correct, Red, that I should just install RK EC full 1.11, and then do the house cleaning you suggested.   :)
I haven't found any problems with EB's or Kid's mods, not mods from others that was just different style houses.

brads3

EB,did you use the flax patch n your test? if granny and you did not,try adding the patch.

RedKetchup

Quote from: galensgranny on September 03, 2018, 10:49:25 AM

I thought my computer was not good enough for more things, so that is why just added the lite version, but apparently it is good enough.  I used to have excessively long game load times but maybe that was because of so much accumulation of mods that were then also included in other larger mods.

it is very surprising just having tons of .pkm sitting there that you never load.... can really make thing long and bad. if you would do a test and only put RK Ed FULL 1.11 there, totally alone, and you launch the game, you will get the menu in few sec. then start to add some .pkm like CC.pkm... megamod1-2-3.pkm just there , not even ON in the mod list.... then you will try to start the game and you will obtain the game menu in 2 , 5, 10, 15 mins. just cause they are in the folder LOL

so even if you use or not, they have an excessive impact on load times.

Abandoned

I disagree on load time being affected by number of mods in windata folder.  I have hundreds of .pkm files in my windata folder (321) and as you can see at the start of my stories only some are enabled for each map.  The others remain in the windata folder and cause no delay in load time. I would say my game loads in less than 1 minute, slightly more with RKEC, a few seconds.  CC and the North are both in separate installments of my game and have their own folders, I do not have mega mod.  :)

brads3

be advised my pine mod c laims it s 1.04.  see no difference between it and the 1.05.anyone kow what differences there is? so far you all are crazy.  tested without the flax patch and can't force it to crash.

brads3

upgraded to pine 1.05 and turned flax patch off. RED,i  must be dong somethng wrong  still have no crash.at 1 pont  had 12+ blank tags to inventory but sitll no crash.they are all haunted.EB  have old EB mods.mine are individuals not all n 1 mod together.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Abandoned on September 03, 2018, 12:31:26 PM
I disagree on load time being affected by number of mods in windata folder.  I have hundreds of .pkm files in my windata folder (321) and as you can see at the start of my stories only some are enabled for each map.  The others remain in the windata folder and cause no delay in load time. I would say my game loads in less than 1 minute, slightly more with RKEC, a few seconds.  CC and the North are both in separate installments of my game and have their own folders, I do not have mega mod.  :)

i noticed sometime that. but lately i had many mods in my windata folder... cc ... mm ... to test what people say. and this morning i took out everything but RK Ed full 1.11 and newdebug. my game started instantly and didnt got a 3-5 mins load time as i got since couple of months

Abandoned

@RedKetchup I have cc in a separate folder with other cc mods and a few others and that does take more time to load.  First time I thought something was wrong with game or computer  :D, 2 or 3 minutes at least.  I do not have mega mod downloaded at all.  the North also in a separate folder takes a bit longer to load. But other than that, a minute or less, even now with RKEC it is only a short load time.   I do not take files out and put back in, and rarely change load order -mostly only when adding new mod.  I don't know if that would make any difference.   :)

RedKetchup

ok so you only have RK Ed as big mod ? all the other hundreds of mods, are all tiny mods ?
maybe if you select all your mods but RK Ed and do properties... they wont even reach the size of RKEd ?

surely the reason your load is fast. i still think my statement is true :) till it is about MegaBytes sizes and not quantity ^^

Abandoned

Hmmm, I would say RKEC is probably the biggest mod in my list.  It is in my major mod group which are the bigger mod sets, they are not tiny - ones that have town halls, schools, etc, like Kids Colonial, Rowhouses, Mission, or ones that would be a focal point like your Canal set or Training Camp.  I often have more than one enabled from the major group of mods.

I would have to go back and count what would be the most mods I have ever had enabled on a map.

But as I said, I do not take any out of the windata folder, I just enable or disable for each map.  And I do not play more than 1 map at a time.  :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Abandoned on September 03, 2018, 02:34:41 PM

But as I said, I do not take any out of the windata folder, I just enable or disable for each map.  And I do not play more than 1 map at a time.  :)

Oh, i dont want you to do ! i am sorry if you could have misunderstanded me