News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on December 14, 2017, 02:22:32 PM
did you try it with the nat div mod enabled and see?what caused the thatch and fodder goof before where with the thatch mod the fodder was all over maps?i rember having it happen but you 2 fixed it.

i not sure if it worth testing....
if mine is ontop there will be nothing from natdiv spawning when the generator will do the map
if natdiv ontop, my copper ore/fodder patches wont be created at the map creation.

what we fixed and made sure as their file name and my file name wasnt the same (aka NaturalResourceGrass.rsc)

but what i can do is make sure you can use fodder to feed stable and the same resource can be used to make tatched house as material. can be same file, with different name on screen depending which one is on top.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

i just received the RawMaterialNatDivThatch.rsc files by email...

so i can easily ask my citizens to cut MY grass and spawn RawMaterialNatDivThatch.rsc on the ground.
i can easily ask my stables to use that RawMaterialNatDivThatch.rsc and make fertilizer from it :)

i also see that RawMaterialNatDivThatch.rsc can be used in homes as fuel. is it still a good thing ? what people that used tatch to warm their home think about that feature they made ? was it good or bad ?

RedKetchup

i love how the grass patches spawn mainly zones where there are no trees and fill those spots

so instead of harvesting RawMaterialHayStack.rsc i will make it harvest RawMaterialNatDivThatch.rsc.
and i ll ask my stables to use that RawMaterialNatDivThatch.rsc and create fertilizer  :)

that way it will be fully compatible. you will able to use the tatch and do tatched homes or use as fuel. (it has been asked many times)
or use in my stables and get fertilizer and get food in greenhouses

in the zip i ve got the template and i also got the 3D model and icons  :)
i have an hockey game presently, but after i ll finish to incorporate all GardenWalls: Utility in my mod  :)
i will update my models also to use the transparency glasses and my wood/roof textures of this mod

this big expansion is coming along nicely

brads3

don't get crazy and work too hard. i would like to hear more input from other players on this idea.did BT send you any news with the file?i am still stuck in CC land but hopefully of more modulars coming and can sit down and merge several mod sets together.
     am i reading you correctly? you are saying the thatch looks better than the fodder and are changing the garden utility mod to be thatch instead of fodder?there is no way to do both or you have reason not to? the meadows is a great accomplishment indeed. that adds more realism at map starts.with the forever tree mod,i never see problems that others have had. after 100 years or so a map was known to loose trees ad only be open space except the foresters.the forever tree mod fixes it so the trees don't die and fall over and disappear. i think the way NECORA has developed the pine mod,the start trees may actually multiply on mapos as well. the map layers is something he and BT worked at to merge nicely.
        your idea of feeding animals has been expanded on somewhat. NECORA has a dairy barn,chickens,rabbits,and goats fed with corn. the domestic animals are requried to build them.i always hoped you would do a dairy barn like the stable that would give milk and fertilizer. your idea could be expanded on or even a combination of other ideas added to it.it is a neat addition.
          houses do use thatch as firewood. DS has some that do not.the houses prefer firewood. the nat div 2 had good ideas and a way to bundle the thatch.sadly that mod is too powerful and slows computers down. i only know 1 person who even could run it. i don't want to step on him or change his work.hence why i asked if he sent news of his plans.

while on the subject of the map meshes or layers, what are your thoughts concerning reeds?this is where input from WOB players would be handy.do  a lot of them use the CC dock set? do they find they have enough reeds or would they prefer to have some spawned as well?  if i remember right,the game loads 4 layers when it draws the maps. in discussions we kept wishing to add another layer or 2. NECORA did say he was revamping the trapping. i do see TOM has added that and changed a ton with the new north.the gathering ability that NECORA added with the pine mod combined with TOM's new hunting and gathering would be interesting.

RedKetchup

there is 2 things:

MY grass looks alot more better than natdiv grass.
the material that fall on the ground (natdiv thatches) after being harvested is alot better than my haystack piles.

so i am taking the best of the 2 worlds :)

my old grass was dropping RawMaterialHayStack.rsc (fodder)
natdiv grass was dropping RawMaterialNatDivThatch.rsc (thatch)

so now MY grass will be dropping RawMaterialNatDivThatch.rsc (thatch)
you guys asking me to make my haystack being able to use it as thatch... this is what i do
i ll take the natdiv thatch and use it the same way i was using my fodder

the difference between both is the 3D graphic  and the numbers. BT made 1-2 drop (while i was getting 16-20)
instead to take 12 haystacks(fodder) i will use only 1 or 2 to get the 4-6 fertilizer. also that way you wont have a barn filled with 48,000 fodders ^^

i dont plan to use the necora trees at all. and i am not planing to replace the vanilla trees so the only lag people can get will be from MY grass patches and not from natdiv grass, nor necora trees.

about the domestical farm type of technology... i never really use. bah in fact, if i look back, the stables are this type of technology. i can maybe add one with cows inside and get fertilizer/milk from 1-2 RawMaterialNatDivThatch.rsc :)

brads3

hmmmm  we see backwards? it is funny how different players have differeing ideas. i like the hay piles.the thatch lay out on a map doesn't become overpowering. i think that could be adjusted though.i agree with changing the ouputs, it is senseible that to feed stables a player would soon need a fodder hut.i dont think someone would keep feedig from what they can collect.the perfumery should use more flowers too. will they be collected by just the flourist or would the laborers collect them when clearing land?

RedKetchup

i can change the number of flowers too (drop less? use more ?)

if you clear a zone, it will depends as same as the herbs. if you clear before you get an herbalist, it is lost. if clear after you got your first herb... it should be collected.
i ll have to make a remove tool... will see how it goes after :)

brads3

there are too many flowers so the perfumery should use more to get rid of them.i always end up dumping excess flowers to the trading post.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on December 14, 2017, 06:47:53 PM
there are too many flowers so the perfumery should use more to get rid of them.i always end up dumping excess flowers to the trading post.

ok

there will be another use for the flowers too ...  :)

RedKetchup

so far...

screenshot 1 : you see fodder - thatch is getting harvest and stockpiling in the stockpile and show natdiv thatch graphics.
screenshot 2 : the stables takes 2 fodder + 2 water and get fertilizer.
screenshot 3-4 : i asked to remove grass and flowers : they get fodder-thatch but no flowers
screenshot 5 : i built a florist . florist get flowers

screenshot 6 : asking to manually harvest a little zone with a flower inside... still not harvested, nothing.
so i ll go add a remove tool and see after.

brads3

RedKetchup

so i made 2 remove tools... 1 for fodder one for flowers.....

fodder still harvested and not the flowers ^^
they get removed but not harvested. only the florist can harvest them (exactly same as herb and onion/berries/shrooms i guess)
i thought herbs would get harvested after herbalist built .... probably wrong.

brads3

so they clear fodder and waste food? how does it work so they can harvest food plus trees plus traps?do they leave the flowers and not destroy,just clear fodder and vise versa clear flowers leave fodder?

RedKetchup

if you use the clear ALL tool over a big random zone, lets say 20x20

they will cut trees and harvest logs
they will process stones and harvest stones
they will process iron and harvest iron ore
they will process copper and harvest copper ore
they will cut all mushroom/onion/berries/roots/herb / flowers but you harvest nothing!
they will cut grass and harvest fodder-thatch

did i forgot something ?

same as stand alone tools:
you use Remove Trees Tool and they will cut trees and harvest logs
you use Remove Stone Tool and they will process stones and harvest stones
you use Remove Iron Tool and they will process iron and harvest iron ore
you use Remove Copper Tool and they will process copper and harvest copper ore
you use Remove Flower Tool and they will cut flowers but you harvest nothing!
you use Remove Grass Tool and they will cut grass and harvest fodder-thatch

RedKetchup

i found out !!!!!

i know why my flowers dont get harvested by laborer :P

do you think it is a good thing to get it harvested by nobodies ? ^^ or do you think they should get destroyed and not harvested by non-florists ?

and whats about wild food ? (i can do same as CC and BusyLaborers of Darkbibou and get wild food harvesters by non-gatherers....)