News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

I can't get through the first winter on hard, Peaks Plains. Course - I've only tried once so far.  ::)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Maldrick

Quote from: Hawk on January 14, 2018, 07:36:42 AM
I can't get through the first winter on hard, Peaks Plains. Course - I've only tried once so far.  ::)

The gotcha for me was trying to get everybody housed the first year...They hoard food and fuel in houses so trying to accommodate that I wasnt getting a smith up fast enough to not run out of tools. So by only building a couple houses the first year it kept that more manageable and I was able to skip the woodcutter the first year by harvesting fodder.  Took a lot of juggling but seemed to work.

We'll see how it goes with population though.  This is a lot slower than I've gotten used to lately but is about how I used to do my starts so should be okay.  Now I just need the hunter to bag some leather.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Hawk

Fodder for heat.  :o Now that's a good idea, and I suppose what it's supposed to be for, at last in the beginning.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Maldrick on January 14, 2018, 07:23:12 AM

Question...Am I losing my mind or did the school require Lumber before? Change it with this version?  Could have sworn it needed Lumber yesterday.

nan, from the start it never required lumber but the costs are lower cause you dont get alot of iron bars from the start.

Quote from: Hawk on January 14, 2018, 07:24:36 AM
I just tried a hard start, without disasters, and lost most of the Bannies near the end of the first winter.
Maybe adding some smaller 'start' type buildings would help a bit, like a deer hunter and a smaller tailor and blacksmith; maybe a smaller woodcutter.
That would make the need for other mods less, or one would have to be very, very good at this game.  :)

Just thinking out loud.  ;)   

bah all basic food buildings dont require advanced contruction material, they should be easy still to build. i prefer not to make it too easy neither....

Quote from: Hawk on January 14, 2018, 07:36:42 AM

i hate "hard" cause you need to setup a gatherer building from the start and then assign 4 of your 6 adults on it. you are stuck with 2 laborers/job_changers for a good while, and that all year long. nothing gets cleared :S
i prefer alot a crop. in medium, i put 8 of my 10 of farming and in winter... i get a very powerful force which will go clear zones.

i need to setup a new hard for me ^^ like "medium-Hard" , a cart, few resources in the cart, but +1 crop random (no orchard, no livestocks... just 1 crop)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Hawk

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 14, 2018, 08:04:09 AM
i hate "hard" cause you need to setup a gatherer building from the start and then assign 4 of your 6 adults on it.

I'm starting with a fisherman and hunter. Maybe I should try a gatherer.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

RedKetchup

so. since my village burned to hell.... i started a new map. and i love this map !
this is a map with alot of forest every side but north that has a big lake. it is nice to put some sand pits and clay pits later on. Vey dense forest all around.

you should try it :
Very Large, Peak's Plain map , 905 978 387 (i dont think the fact it is at medium, fair , did put disaster OFF : has something to do with the map)

I love it, it is very ..... rustic :)

btw , i think i found a good setup for the % grass spawn chance and specially flowers. i am at year 4 and i have 32 flower in my barn. i dont hunt them , but just by clearing making my settlement.... i didnt got 500 flowers lol

Hawk

Yes, I'm going to try that seed. Thanks!  ;D
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Hawk on January 14, 2018, 08:18:01 AM
Yes, I'm going to try that seed. Thanks!  ;D

let me know if at hard it change something :)

Hawk

Medium or hard it's the same map. Like you mentioned, I don't believe the Climate, Disasters or Starting Conditions change a map. Only the Seed number, Terrain Type and Size.

I'm going to play this on medium.  ;D
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

RedKetchup

you get bad temperature the first autumn but after that it is generous. you also have 2 big packs of deers to the left and 1 between barn and lake.

Hawk

Do the Fresian cows give milk without the cowsgivemilk mod? I know the default cows don't with your mod.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Hawk

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 14, 2018, 08:36:33 AM
you also have 2 big packs of deers to the left and 1 between barn and lake.
Apparently map seed number doesn't determine deer seed. I found 2 deer (not packs-single deer) to the left and that's all. No other deer within reasonable distance.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Maldrick

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 14, 2018, 08:04:09 AM
Quote from: Maldrick on January 14, 2018, 07:23:12 AM

Question...Am I losing my mind or did the school require Lumber before? Change it with this version?  Could have sworn it needed Lumber yesterday.

nan, from the start it never required lumber but the costs are lower cause you dont get alot of iron bars from the start.

Quote from: Hawk on January 14, 2018, 07:24:36 AM
I just tried a hard start, without disasters, and lost most of the Bannies near the end of the first winter.
Maybe adding some smaller 'start' type buildings would help a bit, like a deer hunter and a smaller tailor and blacksmith; maybe a smaller woodcutter.
That would make the need for other mods less, or one would have to be very, very good at this game.  :)

Just thinking out loud.  ;)   

bah all basic food buildings dont require advanced contruction material, they should be easy still to build. i prefer not to make it too easy neither....

I must be losing it, then. :P  Could have sworn that required Lumber before.  Now I'm wishing I'd educated earlier but think I'm going to stick with this one.  Maybe. lol

Yeah, they are good....Once you get over the initial hump it goes pretty smoothly.  Just like any game, I guess, but just feels a bit slower because of the extra clearing and needing to get some lumber together for a tailor.  But being able to use fodder as fuel kind of balances it out.  Might have to try an easy or medium start for fun.  Been ages since I've done one.  Kind of into this one but kind of wouldn't mind getting a school up earlier, too.  So, maybe I will when I get back later.

Having a lot of fun with this. Thanks again, Red. :)
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Maldrick

@RedKetchup

Had a thought earlier.  I'm assuming the baker in this one uses the same recipes as your earlier bakers?  You mentioned adding a windmill for flour.  Be worth adding an apiary, also?

Hawk

Quote from: Maldrick on January 14, 2018, 09:18:43 AM
Might have to try an easy or medium start for fun.

I'm not a big fan of Easy starts. I don't like houses being pre-built. I just don't care for the position of them.  ;D
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]