Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: Discrepancy on January 18, 2018, 12:00:08 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on January 17, 2018, 11:21:00 PM
i need to update the Lumbermill of Forest Center though, the numbers arent the same (it has the cc numbers which doesnt make sense to me)

@RedKetchup , what are the Lumber production numbers you are using?

:)

From Lumbermills :

ConsumeProduceDescription consumeproduce
{
Product _products
[
{
ConsumeRawMaterial _consumeMaterials
[
{
ComponentDescription _material = "Template/RawMaterialWood.rsc";
int _count = 2;
}
]

ComponentDescription _produceMaterial = "Template/RawMaterialLumber.rsc";
ResourceLimit _resourceLimit = Custom5;
}
]

float _workTime = 4.0;
ToolType _toolType = Axe;
int _workRequired = 6;
}

from rawMaterialLumber.rsc:
int _lowCreateCount = 4;
int _highCreateCount = 5;
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Discrepancy

;D thanks

that looks good to me. I was thinking of doing something similar also.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Discrepancy on January 18, 2018, 12:03:35 AM
;D thanks

that looks good to me. I was thinking of doing something similar also.

the problem is you get 5 lumber from 5 logs. and you process that so fast you get out of logs in a blink of the eye.
with 5 from 2, you spend less logs, you double the production which is in line of everything i usually do : process it and get double. another thing i always found weird, from a tree you should get like 10-20 planks of woods and maybe more

Maldrick

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 18, 2018, 12:07:54 AM

another thing i always found weird, from a tree you should get like 10-20 planks of woods and maybe more

Always struck me as odd, too.  Or only 4 firewood from an entire log with an educated worker.  Not very educated if you can't figure out how to get more than 4 pieces of firewood from an entire tree. :P
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

RedKetchup

Quote from: Maldrick on January 18, 2018, 12:30:06 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on January 18, 2018, 12:07:54 AM

another thing i always found weird, from a tree you should get like 10-20 planks of woods and maybe more

4 pieces of firewood from an entire tree. :P

they are very very big firewood for a big fireplace ^^

taniu

@RedKetchup :D I have a question about what is the "RKEditorChoiceEdition" mod - is this a testing tool for professionals? or added mod to the game - I do not see that this mod was published? Can I also test it as a player? Please answer Greetings

RedKetchup

Quote from: taniu on January 18, 2018, 02:11:35 AM
@RedKetchup :D I have a question about what is the "RKEditorChoiceEdition" mod - is this a testing tool for professionals? or added mod to the game - I do not see that this mod was published? Can I also test it as a player? Please answer Greetings

This is the next mod i am doing presently, a big mod which regroups all the things i've done and i liked the most. i am trying to make them all work together in an immersive atmosphere and i am creating alot of little things all around in hope to ciment everything :)

some people offered to me to help and test it. They report and comment what they think about it and report things they find.

it is in beta and there will be alot of changes as the beta goes on. most of the time, the saves arent compatible with next beta and often they have to be deleted. and restart over.

Turis

Is it posible to obtain two objects from the same process? i.e. Lumber and splintwood(firewood). I remember a mod which provided a mine producing alternatively iron and coal as a choice few years ago.

RedKetchup

yes with int _initialProduct = 0; // -1 for all products

Maldrick

Quote from: Turis on January 18, 2018, 03:12:14 AM
Is it posible to obtain two objects from the same process? i.e. Lumber and splintwood(firewood). I remember a mod which provided a mine producing alternatively iron and coal as a choice few years ago.

Thought about something like that as there are often byproducts in all types of production.  And it would be really cool to have more of in the game.  Imagine the problem, though, would be the multiple flags involved.  Typically, the need for firewood is constant and grows.  Moreso if you trade with it.  Lumber only gets used in construction and even with relatively inefficient production it's pretty easy to make a lot more of it than you use, in my experience.  So if you are relying on that one building to supply both you could run into a sneaky firewood crisis because the construction cap was reached if you aren't keeping an eye on it.  Or vice versa if your construction outpaces your firewood consumption.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

taniu

@ Redketchup :DThank you for the explanation - it's a pity - for professionals . if I can add my thought - please - if you can change the tanning of houses not only with wood, but also with coal, coke, feathers, reeds and even acorns - a lot of wood is used - "Banished" at the beginning  also coal for heating houses was used  - it's a shame to cut out a beautiful forest or --- maybe something like Patch? Regards.

Turis

@RedKetchup Thanks! I just wanted to mention it in case other modders want to do that.

@Maldrick You should consider the firewood obtained like that as an extra supply besides the production of woodchoppers.

Kristahfer

Thank you for you response .

Please forgive me if it appeared that I was being critical of your work. That was not the intention. I was seeking guidance because I thought I had make a mistake.

In the future I will await posts from @Maldrick before I ask for assistance.

Maldrick

@Kristahfer I was just saying that the mod is extensive and has only been in beta for a few days with a lot more content to be added, is all.  Wasn't meant to be a criticism.

Hawk

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 16, 2018, 09:07:22 PM
Quote from: Hawk on January 16, 2018, 04:32:53 PM
Did you mean to eliminate the Collect Copper Ore button from the toolbar? It's gone in Beta 5.
of yeah , Clear Iron clear them all. it was in test :P you will probably see why at some point :P

I took a quick break to test something in The North, but I'm back to your mod now.

I haven't seen a reason yet to collect iron ore and copper ore with one button yet, but I'm not sure I like two separate buttons instead of one.  ;)

Also, is the gold ore and silver ore just for trading? Will there be some way to convert them from ore, or is that even necessary?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]