News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

Quote from: RedKetchup

i was asking people what they think the patterns should look. because in my mind, you should some things with a bar.

I am not sure what patterns you mean.

RedKetchup

Quote from: galensgranny on January 28, 2018, 12:02:13 AM

Quote from: RedKetchup

i was asking people what they think the patterns should look. because in my mind, you should some things with a bar.

I am not sure what patterns you mean.

recipes ?
a silver bar + 3 coal + 20 work units = 5 silver rings of 30 value each ??

-----------------------------

since i need to define myself the recipes and probably use coal as last modification helpers to turn those bars of metal in something that look like a ring or a brooch... I made some modifications to the building : replaced firewood by boxes full of coal and also changed the JewelMaker sign with a Ring to rule them all !! :)

These modifications have lead to make another building, a close buddy : The Gem Cutter which will take care to pick up gems, cut them, and determine its kind and value. I used the same building and changed all textures around. Deleted and moved around the furnace which became a simple fireplace (no need to smelt anything) and i mirrored the mesh left-right.

i did this because i had some random "recipes" "patterns" in my mind and it wouldnt be working with a straight process of taking this and that and get this.

so the Gem Cutter will take "Gems" (which worth 200value) and will get 6 kind of precious gems from those randomly :
5% : Diamond (1000value)
10% : Ruby (400value)
10% : Sapphire (300value)
10% : Emerald (250value)
25% : Topaz (80value)
40% : Amethyst (60value)

The Jewel Maker job will be take precious metal and precious gems and craft : Rings, Necklaces, Bracelets, Circlets and Brooches. I will probably do a total of 10 recipes for those, 2 each, one made from silver, one made from gold, silver will take the lowest value while the golden one will take the most valuable ones. i still have to determine the patterns(recipes)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Hawk

Maybe I'm missing something. Currently 1 silver ore is valued at 300 for trade. So now they have to take the silver ore, transform it into a silver bar (value?) then make 5 rings valued at 30 each.
Seems like a lot of work for no extra value.

I do like where you're going with this whole idea though. I think it's pretty cool. I'm just not sure the values work out good.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Hawk on January 28, 2018, 06:14:34 AM
Maybe I'm missing something. Currently 1 silver ore is valued at 300 for trade.

it was only a temporary value i gave to it. then people asked to be compatible with [CC] which has almost no value because it can be mine super easy. also the fact in the beta, there was no way to get those other than maybe 24 silver spawn and 6-8 in a medium or large map.

and i added my own mine too to get those. and with dicussing with Kralyerg, i think we agree on prices and quantity (making it more rare).
the new value of Silver is 12 for the Silver Ore, 30 for the Silver Bar. The new value of Gold is 24 for the Gold Ore, 50 for the Gold Bar.

you will be able to mine those and get those all along your game time.

Hawk

Ah! OK! That makes sense. Thanks for explaining.
I did like the other values though. Sure made it easy to get stuff from traders. Albeit, maybe a little too easy. LOL!

Really looking forward to the next release.  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Hawk on January 28, 2018, 06:42:13 AM
Really looking forward to the next release.  :)

i hope it would be available this weekend... and i would have love to get some help on the patterns... but didnt get any. so i still have to determine all those, get the recipes working (code+3D)...

will see, maybe today or tonight.

Hawk

I'm curious about something. When you play on easy mode, do you modders have any control on where the houses are built?
The reason I ask is I always thought it was a bit silly; the way they were pre-built. You can't even get a market in the middle.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Hawk on January 28, 2018, 06:57:52 AM
I'm curious about something. When you play on easy mode, do you modders have any control on where the houses are built?
The reason I ask is I always thought it was a bit silly; the way they were pre-built. You can't even get a market in the middle.

entirely have the control

here the positions :

InitialStructure _structures
   [
      {
         WeakComponentDescription _structure = "Template\StorageBarn.rsc";
         int _offsetX = -3;
         int _offsetY = 5;
         int _rotation = 90;
      }
      {
         WeakComponentDescription _structure = "Template\StorageYard.rsc";
         int _offsetX = 3;
         int _offsetY = 6;
         int _width = 4;
         int _height = 6;
         int _rotation = 0;
      }

{
         WeakComponentDescription _structure = "Template\WoodHouse.rsc";
         int _offsetX = -7;
         int _offsetY = 5;
         int _rotation = 0;
      }

{
         int _offsetX = -12;
         int _offsetY = 1;
         int _rotation = 90;
      }

{
         int _offsetX = -12;
         int _offsetY = -4;
         int _rotation = 90;
      }

{
         int _offsetX = -7;
         int _offsetY = -9;
         int _rotation = 180;
      }

{
         int _offsetX = -2;
         int _offsetY = -9;
         int _rotation = 180;
      }

{
         int _offsetX = 2;
         int _offsetY = -4;
         int _rotation = 270;
      }
   ]

Gimme the new positions and i'll do it :)

RedKetchup

but my 2nd market, the smaller 10x10 fit very well inside :)

Hawk

Ah! If your market fits in the default house building locations, that's fine for me while playing your mod.
I was mainly wondering if you folks had control over that. I guess you do.

I just wonder why Luke did it like he did.  :-\

I generally refer to play on medium or hard anyway.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Hawk

So if I'm looking at those stats right, if the 2 houses set at 180 rotation had their X offset set at -11 and the house with the rotation set at 270 had its Y offset set at 4, then the default market would fit in the middle?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

RedKetchup

i dunno, i didnt took a graph paper and try to know if really the center is 0,0 :) i let you this in your hands :)

brads3

the only issue i have with values is how will it work with another mod like the "my precious" or "CC frontier" add-on modular set.if we make silver pferring for the fort parts will the value be changed and cause any issues or conflict so the other mods don't work? it would be good to see the silver and gold outputs increased from the  othe rmods.using it to trade as TOM has done is also interesting.

RED since you can change building placements for the starts,can you add odd things to the maps? like CC added the skull mountians to some maps.,ship wrecks,ruins? it would be neat for bannies to stunble onto an abandoned town,or some ruins,a pirate cave,etc now and then.

next we need to delete the edge mountains so the map looks like it continues to anther section.then add waves to the ocean.then slap me for coming up with too many crazy ideas..........

RedKetchup

yeah they proceeded like this. but keep in mind, since the map is random generated, you only can say : ok, put a ruin at X-xxx or x+xxx and Y-xxx or Y+xxx. you have to decide the numbers. so you dont have any idea what the game will generate, maybe it can fall in middle of a lake or the river

you cannot ask to randomly select the coords and you cannot ask to put it on the 0'gound.

unless maybe you dont use that interface and you go with natural ressource that is spawning like a gold vein.

RedKetchup

about [CC] Kralyerg agreed to change their number too in [CC][MM] in a future. he will also lower the % to get those.