News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maldrick

@RedKetchup The NMT storage is back!  A definite favorite.  I still have your old Pangea Root Cellar in my standard set and use it constantly.  Always loved the medium and small NMT barns, too.

Just to throw this in since you've been working on storage...Ever think about doing a barn that would fit under the 3 story houses like the NMT markets and whatnot?  Like a "city storage" of sorts.  When I've built big city blocks with NMT it becomes kind of a challenge finding places to fit in the regular barns and always thought it would be cool to have an option like that since production buildings like bakery and butchers do go there.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

grammycat

Red-just a small thing but may be useful.  Could you include your old dairy as it takes quite a bit of advanced material to build the creamery?  I really like the many new things that the gatherer can collect now.  My current town is 15 years old and still has 5 hearts without an herbalist-maybe due to the variety of foods?
Adelegarland-does storage stash work with RK's Editor Choice storage buildings?

adelegarland

@grammycat
The Storage Stash appears to be working, I've not tested it but I think so.   If I get a chance, I'll test it!
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

Maldrick

Storage Stash...Is that the old override that increases the size of the vanilla barn and Delvr specialized stockpiles?

If so, no, I don't think so.

But if you look in the discussion thread for EB's conversion of Delvr's stockpiles to 107 he made a small override for those.  Not as big as the original, but helps.  I'm not a fan of the default stockpile size, myself.  Only override I usually use, really, but almost always use it.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

RedKetchup

storage modifers should work if placed on top of the list. if they are properly made, they should ONLY replace 1 paragraph: Storage; which should not affect my model
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

Quote from: grammycat on February 01, 2018, 10:30:28 AM
Red-just a small thing but may be useful.  Could you include your old dairy as it takes quite a bit of advanced material to build the creamery?  I really like the many new things that the gatherer can collect now. 

yes i can also include the lesser version of creamery into it. it was inside 2.0

keep in mind, people need to be minded to go for advance materials as normal progression. specially lumber, the lumber tech is more an advantage because it makes you last longer with your wood industry (taking 2 logs to make 5 lumber - it quickly more than double your wood stock)

about Pangaea root cellar ... the root cellar in 3.0 is the same one which was also included in the 2.0

Hawk

Well, I've played 56 years on this map and haven't run into any problems. I haven't figured out what to do with salt. I guess it's a trade item. I've built every production building and they all worked fine.
I do like the updated Florist. With the smaller radius it does a much better job.

I like the pit mines but digging for coal takes a lot of labor. I have 2 coal mines with 6 minors each and most of the coal goes to the Bannies houses, but I do have enough left to serve the Blacksmiths (3 - all making Carbon Tools) and Glass Maker.

I may keep playing this map a bit more as I still have a good bit of land left but I'm starting to struggle feeding the masses. LOL!
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

looks like you've made a beautiful town there !!!!
really looks great on the mini map. i wish to see at some point some most closest look and scenes :)

i let vanilla feature to have homes use coal as heater but i dont think they will prefer coal over firewood and thatch. maybe a problem with the setup of your coal/firewood nearest stockpiles ?

by the way , i started my evening of work with a fix for the blacksmith because it seems to confuse certain people :)
i added limit spinners for the construction limit (copper bars) and Iron limit (iron bars)

RedKetchup

and i also fixed The Foundry limit spinners :)

i cant believe i forgot that ^^ ( it was one of my beta tester on Facebook who found it :) )

Hawk

Great that you fixed that stuff.  :) I use the Foundry to make the iron and copper, once I get established. I try to keep the Blacksmiths busy on tools.

I'll take some screenshots but you know my shots are 4:3 aspect ratio and my town building isn't very pretty, or optimally functional either. LOL!

What about the salt?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Hawk on February 02, 2018, 03:22:22 AM
What about the salt?

the salt is to put on roads during winters to reduce deaths .... joking  ???  ;D

it goes with Old Saltery building which will take all meats and make salted meats :)
as usual : take 12 and make 20 but reducing 1 value.

Hawk

Old Saltery building? I haven't seen that. Is it coming in a future update or did I miss it?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Hawk on February 02, 2018, 05:03:55 AM
Old Saltery building? I haven't seen that. Is it coming in a future update or did I miss it?

it was in NMT2.0 :)

btw, just finished The Old Smokery :)
sorry i wished to have work on this more than i hoped for today. note i maybe have time to make The Old Saltery :)

Turis

I thought salt spread on roads was used to "reduce" ice, not deaths. At one time, I was standing on a parking lot and the next thing I knew I was under my car. I didn't get hurt at all with all the clothing I was wearing. ???

RedKetchup

Quote from: Turis on February 02, 2018, 05:11:30 AM
if you "reduce" ice, you also reduce  deaths.  ^^ less car accidents ^^