Welcome New Members!

Started by Admin, July 08, 2014, 03:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Aspasia

Hi! I just joined, and just got the game last week, though I've played lots of games in this style before with various iterations (including going back to the original Settlers game (which was much more sandbox than later incarnations which seemed to have pre-rendered maps and specific goals - the earlier ones were more fun).

I'm also also a professional desktop software developer so who knows, I might try my hand as some mods, or maybe some modding tools, if there's a need.

Anyways, thank you for making these forums!

RedKetchup

well, then very welcome to world of banished @Aspasia :)

solarscreen

@Aspasia glad you joined!  I'm looking forward to seeing what you might come up with!  In any event, enjoy the game. We all do!

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

Aussieboy

G'day guys

New arrival that is nothing short of hooked on the game,and for what i have read there are many like minded people here.
Have looked high and low for a game that could be played as close to the real as possible,from what i have seem from other posts,this community has some very cleaver people that could tweak this to that point.

Happy to be here.

Cheers

RedKetchup

Zirconia Wolf

Never one to ignore a welcome-type thread, here goes nothing!

Among other things I'm a long time city building fan (Pharaoh, Zeus, CoTN, SimCity4, etc, etc) & purchased Banished via GOG the day it was released. Love the base game, really love the official updates, & especially love the terrific mods the Banished community is turning out. (Mods are something of an addiction with me, I fear!)

I tend to be more of a lurker than a poster on most sites (except for several Sims 2 sites, my primary addiction) but felt I should *introduce* myself before I ask for help regarding a minor annoyance I've just encountered. Seems more polite this way, anyway!

So anyway, "Hello" & I can't help but notice many familiar user names and/or avatars floating around here, which is neat. You may not *know* me but I *know* many of you!  ;)

Um, okay, that sounded a lot creepier than I meant it. Think I'll sign off before things get even more awkward...

A Nonny Moose

Welcome aboard @Zirconia Wolf.  There are some new faces and some old faces here.  This is a fun game for people with a love of building from scratch.  Enjoy.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

RedKetchup

rkelly17

Welcome, @Zirconia Wolf. I certainly can't criticize your taste in games.  ;D

Mmdrgtobldrgn

I suppose a belated intro is better than none. :)

I signed up for the forums here, because anytime I did a web search for info to help with my villages I ended up reading a thread here. Thank you folks for the tons of useful info, I've found it very helpful.

I learned about Banished from a friend on the Sims 3 website back in March and looked into it. It's been a wonderful addition to my game rotation.

I'm in my mid 40's and was working full time plus uni full time until my back went out, now it's just uni until my back is better. As much I would love to spend my free time playing with our grandbabies, they live to far away, so my activities rotate between reading, tv/movies, and my games: sims 2, 3, 4; civ IV (my pc wont run V), Banished, and the occasional tycoon games. That is until my back is better and I can once again do my other loves, gardening and cycling.

I think I signed up for and maybe even posted once or twice over at the Shining Rock site, but like I said I kept finding myself over here for info. :)
~ Mama Dragon
Mother, Grandmother, Gamer, always Myself

RedKetchup

so ... welcome ... Mama Dragon :)

realm174

I guess I should throw in my few words in here too. Like others, I came across this site while googling for something or other Banished related, read a few posts, might have posted something back then too, but then I put Banished aside for a couple of months. Thankfully, I had bookmarked this (and a few other) Banished-related sites, so when I picked up the game again, I started going through all those sites again, slowly dropping them one at a time as I find no interest to pursue those particular ones. So now, I pretty much only have the official one, this one, and the reddit one.

I'm turning 50 this summer, been playing games pretty much since they started showing up on computers. I tend to go on binges, switching from one game to another. Lately, it's been FlightSim and Banished, but I play a lot of Minecraft as well. (just not these days).

I've been doing all sorts of things IT related in my years, from simple technical analyst to programmer. I don't write software professionally anymore, I only do it as a hobby.  I'm married (my wife likes her DragonAge type games) and we have one teenager who only has eyes for Minecraft.

A Nonny Moose

Well, well.  Welcome @realm174.  Another IT type, and old enough to be my son.  For some reason there seems to be quite a few of us playing Banished and other simulation games.  Again, welcome.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/