News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RedKetchup work in progress....

Started by RedKetchup, March 01, 2017, 10:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elemental

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 02, 2017, 02:58:47 AM

i dont want to put the crappy idea of seedlings... it is useless.

i will make it drop a very small amount of any kind of vegetable at random... all year long :)

Random veg isn't a bad idea. I read that in megamod the seedlings are used to make decorative plants (you "plant" them when you build a tree) but I'm not sure because I don't use MM. So seedlings can have a use and don't have to just be a trade item.

RedKetchup

Quote from: elemental on March 02, 2017, 04:21:42 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on March 02, 2017, 02:58:47 AM

i dont want to put the crappy idea of seedlings... it is useless.

i will make it drop a very small amount of any kind of vegetable at random... all year long :)

Random veg isn't a bad idea. I read that in megamod the seedlings are used to make decorative plants (you "plant" them when you build a tree) but I'm not sure because I don't use MM. So seedlings can have a use and don't have to just be a trade item.

that was the idea when i did it. this is why in MM is still doing that. but with time we saw people were only using the seedlings to sell, a very cheated way to make money to buy things.
also at some point i think, when CC integrated all the decoration items mod.... not 100% sure though, but i think they made it so you need the fruit/nut to plant the tree (an apple for an apple tree... a pear for a pear tree.... a walnut for a walnut tree....) * to be verify.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

looks like we still get snow inside houses.

but i cheated lol

screenshots :

1. in summer
2. in winter
3 my texture applied to the "windows" ^^

can you notice the windows ?

kid1293

I guess it's because the snow doesn't have collision.
It is not hindered by a wall, roof  or window.
I think the rain and snow are everywhere on the map.
I got snow under a roof with an open door when I looked, yes.
A test - go inside a closed house with zoomhack when it is snowing.
You'll see if there is snow in the air.

In my 'texture.rsc' I put the no-snow material for all things inside.
Material _material = "Material\Opaque\OpaqueMaterial.rsc";
instead of
Material _material = "Material\OpaqueSnow\OpaqueSnowMaterial.rsc";
and it worked.
Alpha-textures have no snow.
Billboarded I don't remember.

kid1293

Yes! Exactly what I meant with the window.
It does not have to be a thin shadow.
It can be irregular spots of dirt to get the feel of a window.

QueryEverything

What about something like ....

A small version, makes small seedlings. 
A large version, makes seeds

like so:
The Animal Pens needs Domesticated Animals from the Stables.  200 grain = 1 Domesticated Animal.

200 seedlings = 1 seed (new)
200 blueberries = 1 blueberry seed
200 herbs = 1 herb seed

You get the idea.

It makes the game more useful, and the Bannies would eventually need actual agronomists & botanists.

:D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Tom Sawyer

Yes, the snow does not come from the banished sky. It's just rendered on not vertical faces. To use a no-snow-material for a separate texture part is a great idea @kid1293. I did not know about this. I always remove snow from the inside of buildings by the alpha-channel in Photoshop. It's still the best solution for me because I don't like multi-textures. But for other modders it can be a nice alternative.

kid1293

I agree fully @Tom Sawyer
But for this purpose I have two textures. snow/no snow
It is easy to adjust contrast a bit for the inside when having it separate.
I used it on the market kitchen too. Who wants snow on a warm stove?  :)

Nilla

Very nice greenhouse! You've come a long way, since your first greenhouse! Don't get me wrong. I liked that one too, but this is another level of modelling.

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on March 02, 2017, 07:33:53 AM
Very nice greenhouse! You've come a long way, since your first greenhouse! Don't get me wrong. I liked that one too, but this is another level of modelling.

haha yeah i ve got better since 2 years ^^

RedKetchup

Quote from: kid1293 on March 02, 2017, 06:43:13 AM
I agree fully @Tom Sawyer
But for this purpose I have two textures. snow/no snow
It is easy to adjust contrast a bit for the inside when having it separate.
I used it on the market kitchen too. Who wants snow on a warm stove?  :)

but you dont need an alpha channel on a texture for calling alpha material, and you are not obligated to make 2 diff .pgn (1 for snow, 1 for alpha).

like my tables inside, it is a non-alpha png of dozen of wood planks... i only replaced the material by the one used by plants lettuce and calling the ModelAlphaTexture in the texture.rsc. even if it doesnt have an alpha channel in the png... it doesnt put snow.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 02, 2017, 11:57:04 AM
i only replaced the material by the one used by plants lettuce and calling the ModelAlphaTexture in the texture.rsc. even if it doesnt have an alpha channel in the png... it doesnt put snow.

Yes, because this "OpaqueMaterial" from lettuce does not show snow in general. To define a ModelAlphaTexture is probably useless in this case. You need it if you want a building with snow but only a part of it without. Then you have to use the "OpaqueSnowMaterial" and can remove the snow from parts of the texture image using the alpha channel.  :)

RedKetchup

bah i just copied the 2 files i took to make my bushes inside and renamed them for the table texture and pots textures.  :) it was a very LAZY fix lol

elemental

Is there going to be a layer of snow on the glass roof in winter? That would make it look like the roof really is made of glass.