RK Editor Choice - FULL version 1.0

Started by RedKetchup, June 17, 2018, 08:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

huyle

@RedKetchup but when you build the 2nd and 3rd floor, it will be 5x5

RedKetchup

Quote from: huyle on July 11, 2018, 11:47:24 AM

thats the problem when you are trying to do some overlap  >:( so much complicated

so the 1st floor should be 3x3 ? 2nd floor 3x4 ? and 3rd floor 4x4 ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

BlueFireChelle

I'm enjoying the full RK Ed mod so far. I'm year 23 with a comfortable population of 66 (hard start) with a steady supply of all the essentials. I'm curious about a few things with the mod-
What is your plan for Furnace Fuel? It appears the production chain I am used to will not work with this mod, and I should just mine coal?
I have a lot of fodder! Is there a later use for fodder than I just have not found yet?
It looks like the Hunting Blind has changed. (Is that CC or vanilla?). Have you just lowered production rates? Or how has it been altered?
I have a bit of silver and gold ore sitting in my warehouses and am tempted to make bars for trade (they are worth a lot!) but is there a better later game use for them with the jewellery etc?

And a comment, for those of us playing on large monitors, your loading screens are very low resolution. Are they screenshots on your end?

Thanks for the comments above about the lumbermill. I have actually only built the vanilla stone houses so far because I thought the NMT homes were too costly to build early-game. I'll give the lumber a try.
thanks!

brads3

the duckblind is from CC. i have adjusted mods with it and get mixed results,goes from overpowered to way low. i don't have a solution except that RK now has its own ducks. i prefer using coal instead of the furnace fuel.it does save a step.that chain was CC also. i have a multi-mine and quarry that will give coal while mining iron and stone.
        there is jewelry to use the fems and silver or gold. with the right mod set up ,you can make  pfenning and us it per the CC company chart or bootlegger traders and the fort parts as well.

RedKetchup

i am not planning to add furnace fuel, or at least, for the moment. the whole tree would be needed to be examined and i found CC has made it too much OP. when with one tree you can heat 10 houses for months......

and about fodder there is already an option available : the woodcutter can take those fodder and make firewood with it. you need to open the menu of the woodcutter to see all 3 options it has.

yes all food production have been altered and a shift has been initiated to tier 2 food which most often double your quantities through extra process. this is why all the raw meat have been lowered a bit, but overall you have more. we need to keep the balance and not get too much food with all the process. i dont think 1 citizen working a year and feeding 50 citizens/year is healthy.

yes silver and gold bars are valuable, but combine those to gem and GemCutter/JewelMaker and you will get an awesome income.

about the screenshots during loading. usually the original screenshot have better resolution than the game use. when i do a screenshot, it has 1920x1080. but it is too big for the game is really using. i need to resize/crop them to 1600x900. thats the size of the original in game loading screens.

huyle

@RedKetchup
Quotethats the problem when you are trying to do some overlap  >:( so much complicated

so the 1st floor should be 3x3 ? 2nd floor 3x4 ? and 3rd floor 4x4 ?
i think 3 houses stack up in 4x4 size is pretty OP
how about a single 4x4 - 3 floors high building, it can be a hostel or a BIG blacksmith/tailor/tavern which can assign up to 5 workers and have a bigger inventory

RedKetchup

Quote from: huyle on July 11, 2018, 11:47:24 AM

I just made a visual screenshot to help understand.

in fact the 1st floor should be 4x4, the 2nd floor 4x5 and the 3rd floor 5x4. and it should do a "L" or "V" pattern.

Jando

I'm about to start a new map with this mod as well, awesome job, Red, thank you very much! Much appreciated indeed!

I'd like to use a real ageing mod too, any recommendation for which one would work nicely with this mod? Thanks in advance.

RedKetchup

they will all aging mods work good with...

huyle

@RedKetchup i think the wildfowl make the hunter less effective, as i read on banishedinfo, they said that the number of deer can be hunted is limited (6), so if the hunters kill 3 ducks and 3 deers , it will reach the limit but it give less food than 6 deers. and also the wildfowl give no leather

RedKetchup

no, it was 6 (1 kill every 2 month) but i changed it to 12 (1 kill every 1 month) to compensate

huyle

@RedKetchup can you increase the maximum number of worker/1 pasture? 2 arent enough for 30x30 pasture

RedKetchup

Quote from: huyle on July 18, 2018, 03:09:51 AM
@RedKetchup can you increase the maximum number of worker/1 pasture? 2 arent enough for 30x30 pasture

how many ? 3 or 4 ?
it is written:

WorkDescription work
{
   int _defaultWorkers = 2;

bool _allowCountChange = true;
   int _minWorkerCount = 1;
   int _maxWorkerCount = 2;

int _maxArea = 400;
   bool _scaleWorkersWithSize = true;
}

so i guess 30x30 = 900 tiles, divided by that maxarea400 it gives 2.25
probably 3 workers should ok ?

huyle

@RedKetchup i dont know if your pasture work like [CC] pasture, as i tested with [CC] pasture, the more workers i put in the pasture, the faster animal breed. but im not sure if the pasture has a limit itself, maybe i should start testing it again

schueler

Hello RedKetchup,

I tried to modify Game/Terrain/Valleys.rsc to create a less hilly terrain. It works. However, I'd like to see the default grass
texture on the map. I reckon WeakMaterialInstance _terrainMaterial = "Terrain/Terrain.rsc"; does refer to your custom texture and not the
default one anymore? Which WeakMaterialInstance should I refer to, given I'm using your Editor's Choice mod?

Merci!