News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Founders

Started by Demonocracy, May 27, 2014, 07:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demonocracy

Everyone's a founder except me!  I was two days late to that ride.  : (

I'd like to be a Cleric or something, at least!

Kaldir

My guess is that you will at some point get to cleric if you keep posting. The forum seems to have a title system in place that gives you a title based on the number of posts. Laborer from 10+ posts, and I've seen Vendor (50+) and Trader (100+ ?) as well. I'm sure the cleric is in there (or otherwise @solarscreen might add it after reading this).

Edit: you'll probably be a farmer too at some point, no matter how much you abandon it. ::)

salamander

I think Demonocracy meant the 'Founders' label above the label the goes by number of posts (laborer, vendor, etc...).  If I'm not mistaken, that label was used for folks from the original SRS forum who supported establishing this site and then signed up here.

solarscreen

To whom much is given, much is required!

Check your status again...
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

salamander

@solarscreen -- In the event that this is something approaching a democracy, I fully support your decision.  Demonocracy is obviously passionate about Banished and has, in a short time, contributed to this forum, making it that much more interesting.  Probably more than I have (but don't read too much into that :) ).

Boris_amj

Totally agree.

Some people are more prolific than others. And @Demonocracy seems to be one of them  :D

I have also enjoyed reading his posts (you are a he, right?).

But there again, I've read all the posts in these forums.
So far, I have not encountered any that wasn't interesting in some way.

solarscreen

@Boris_amj - @Demonocracy is a gal/female/lady if I remember correctly from SRS.

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

Boris_amj

Ah, so much for my reading all posts.

I guess I should have deduced that earlier...

Especially when she said this in the Aesthetics thread:
"I don't know what your gender is (nor anyone else's), but I'm a female and I prefer straight lines."

Which I think is a very strong hint  :P

Demonocracy

Gasp!  I'm a founder now too!

Thanks, everyone.  I saw some really nice words, and I'm bashfully appreciative of your kindness.  : )

Boris_amj

Well, one more post and you'll be upgraded from Laborer to Vendor ...

[EDIT]
I mean you need 50 posts to be a Vendor.

salamander

Quote from: solarscreen on May 27, 2014, 11:13:54 AM
To whom much is given, much is required!

@Demonocracy -- Congratulations, development of the Grand Unified Theory of Banished is yours.  By tomorrow noon would be fine.  ;)

Boris_amj

QuoteMy guess is that you will at some point get to cleric if you keep posting. The forum seems to have a title system in place that gives you a title based on the number of posts. Laborer from 10+ posts, and I've seen Vendor (50+) and Trader (100+ ?) as well. I'm sure the cleric is in there (or otherwise @solarscreen might add it after reading this).

Your guesses are correct, @Kaldir.

You'll need 500 posts to reach the top rank: Architect.

I was about to insert a "Cleric" rank for 250 posts, but I realised it messes up with the star system, so I'll let @solarscreen sort that out.

Demonocracy

Quote from: salamander on May 27, 2014, 03:57:56 PM@Demonocracy -- Congratulations, development of the Grand Unified Theory of Banished is yours.  By tomorrow noon would be fine.  ;)

I'm going to have to request an extension on that deadline... but it's a work in progress!

Quote from: Boris_amj on May 27, 2014, 04:05:28 PMYour guesses are correct, @Kaldir.

You'll need 500 posts to reach the top rank: Architect.

I was about to insert a "Cleric" rank for 250 posts, but I realised it messes up with the star system, so I'll let @solarscreen sort that out.

I can't view the ranks--or at least I don't know how to do so.  What are all the ranks and requirements for each?  Or how do I view them?

Boris_amj

You need to be a Moderator, @Demonocracy.

But here is a screenshot of the section in question.

[EDIT]
Attaching image, rather than referencing external site...

Demonocracy

Ahh.  Thanks for the view of the ranks.

I'm curious as to why the last rank is Architect.  Is it because it also means Builder?  I noticed that all the other ranks are specific terms in Banished while that one breaks the mold. 

That said... architect does sound better than Builder--so I get that.