News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Abandoned - Springfield - Story 23

Started by Abandoned, March 20, 2018, 02:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gatherer

Quote from: Abandoned on March 31, 2018, 03:24:56 PM
we built a butchery to extend our venison supply as much as possible.

Could you please post the input and output production numbers?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Abandoned

@Gatherer DS Bryce's Butchery mod has 3 butcheries to build, one beef, mutton, or venison.  Input for each is 10 of the required meats and the output is 8-11 prime meat cuts plus 3-5 offal cuts.

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Abandoned

:) Your welcome.

Chapter 11

Year 11 began like every other year, early spring was cold and snowy.  The only difference was that this year we had a surplus of firewood.  We also had a new firewood splitter over by the jetty.  We added a 2nd worker to collect driftwood.  In spring 4 migrators arrived at the town hall looking for work.  We couldn't turn them away, they were so young, they were our age when we arrived here.  We needed more houses.

Our oldest son, Nest, moved into one of the new stone hovels with his bride, Marlet.  He was now gathering acorns a short distance from the house.  Marlet was a farmer, tending the orchard.  They thought we should build a campfire pit to roast the chestnuts and acorns.  One was planned for later in the year. 

The corn field had 2 farmers this year and they start harvesting early, in summer.  The cabbage harvest had already begun and both harvests were good this year.  When the campfire was built, Marlet began working there roasting chestnuts.

By winter no one was homeless but there were still young people who wanted to set up housekeeping on their own.  We had 31 families but only 27 houses.  We would build more.

brads3

do these chesnuts and acorns appear all over like the pine mod items? do with Necora was still here so we could add things like that.
      there is so many great ideas and differences between modders. i can only add so many together though. i like DS's hovels and wish i had the small wood barn and grass covered celler or viking storage.it is always neat to see you do these story maps. good way to see what all is in some mods.

Abandoned

@brads3 the chestnuts are being grown in an orchard.  I don't think the acorns are being spawned on the map itself, I think the basket that the blacksmith makes is supplying the acorns.  You can make baskets to gather food, acorns, or herbs.  We have not seen Necora in awhile, maybe he will return again.  The Viking storage was in a small older mod before it was combined here.  It would not have the new flags though.  I am glad you enjoy the stories.  I am way behind in reading the blogs,  will catch up when I have more time.

brads3

yeah, i tried to go back and look for some old mods. DS has took the out after he combined all the barns. are you saying NILLA and i write too much?

Abandoned

;D  @brads3 Hard to catch up once you fall behind, now I think I will have to start reading last threads from the beginning  ::)  When I have time I will probably have to pack a lunch or bring snacks.  ;D

Abandoned

Chapter 12

Year 12 began like the previous year and all the others with a cold snowy early spring.  Again this year we still had firewood but were short on logs.  Again the laborers helped the foresters cut trees.   We wanted to continue work on the jetty.  The driftwood collectors continued to supply logs and firewood close by.  Crates and barrels made a convenient jetty storage area.  By early autumn we had a fish drying facility constructed with plans for another fishing dock.  We would get 18-24 pieces of dried fish from every 12 freshly caught fish.

Early autumn this year was surprisingly warm and rainy with temperatures in the mid forties.  Our harvest promised to be good one despite the farmers having to work in the pouring rain.  By the beginning of autumn however the temperatures began to fall rapidly and we soon had our first frost of the season.  At this time we also had our first loss of a loved one, Helley, the worker, died during childbirth.  A small cross marked her final resting place.

Cold and snow followed and work on the jetty continued.  The second fishing dock was completed and so was a small workers house nearby.  The jetty walkway was also extended with more building plans in mind.  It was now that we realized just how big our lake really was.

Abandoned

Chapter 13

By the end of year 12 the chestnut harvest had already been roasted so we switched to roasting acorns.  Once again we opened the small workshop to make gathering baskets.  One basket held 32 -44 acorns.

By early spring of year 13 our storage units were nearing capacity.  We built another storage barn and a cellar in town and a storage shed on the jetty.  The barrel and crates had filled up rapidly once the mollusc farm began producing.  A 2nd driftwood collector was also built on the jetty.

In early summer, 4 Celtic nomads arrived from the north in the pouring rain.  We had a stretch of cool damp weather and we feared more illnesses than just the usual sniffles, coughs, and colds.  We thought we should at least be a little prepared in case of illness or disease so we built a mini hospital.  Our population was now 101, 61 adults, 15 students, and 25 young children.  We would build a full size hospital soon.

The Celts decided to stay in Springfield but build a small house and storage shed some distance away from the rest of us.  We always thought the Celts were warm friendly people but these did not want to have much to do with us.  Maybe they would warm up to us in time.

kid1293

Those lake pictures are just too good. Makes me want to find a lake myself :)

Abandoned

Banished is such a pretty game.  I love the water and the reflections in it, both the lakes and the rivers.  :)

Nilla

Quote from: Abandoned on April 04, 2018, 12:56:27 PM
Banished is such a pretty game.  I love the water and the reflections in it, both the lakes and the rivers.  :)

..... and the modded buildings and the way you put them together. :)

Abandoned

Thanks @Nilla , even after all this time playing Banished, I still marvel at the game itself and the things the modders create and how they function in the game.  And I still find myself watching the deer or waiting for the moment after the rain when the sun comes out,  ;D and then I find that I miss starting the harvest early  :D

Abandoned

Chapter 14

In Spring of year 14 we hoped the weather would warm up.  It was still snowing and the crops were not getting planted.  We noticed that the Celts had built another house, a well, and had hunting gear.  They also cleared and prepared a crop field.  They seemed to prefer to be independent from the rest of us.

A water pump was build on the jetty.  The walkways and jetty buildings were exposed to constant sun and wind, the wood was weathering badly and posed a fire hazard.  In case of fire the pump would make a huge difference.

We thought it time we did some trading.  Our population was always increasing and our corn and wild oats did not go far.  Although we planned to trade mainly for grain or grain products we built a General Jetty Merchant trading post.  We hoped a trader would find us here.   We would need trade goods and thought weaving our stock of flax into linen clothes would be a good choice so we built a linen weaver.  We now had plenty of warm coats so the hide and wool coats could also be traded.  We had a great deal of venison that hopefully would have a good trade value.

By late winter the Celts were chopping their own firewood.  That was well and good but we did not understand why they were using precious logs to build a tall palisade fence.  Were they afraid of us?  Would we alienate them further by bring up the subject.  They did not hesitate to help cut down marked trees when the laborers again helped the foresters gather logs.  We would wait and see.