News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Banished Resource & Production Values

Started by Discrepancy, March 22, 2018, 07:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

Banished is a resource management game based upon survival. This means that most items (resources) in the game, play a very important part in the health and sustainability of the town. Various outputs, production inputs and work time all play an important part. But more than that, some items have different weight, different trade values and in terms of foods, a variety will give better nutrition.

The following are all vanilla (unmodded) Banished numbers:

Foods:

Food:         location:          storage flag:         weight:    value:    output:        create chance: 
AppleorchardEdible Fruit1150/651
Beancrop fieldEdible Vegetable1120/284
BeefpastureEdible Protein13160/2001
BerriesgathererEdible Fruit1116/221
Cabbagecrop fieldEdible Vegetable1120/284
CherryorchardEdible Fruit1150/651
ChestnutorchardEdible Protein1150/651
ChickenpastureEdible Protein134/61
Corncrop fieldEdible Grain1120/284
EggspastureEdible Protein126/61
Fishfishing dockEdible Protein115/71
MushroomgathererEdible Vegetable4116/221
MuttonpastureEdible Protein13160/2001
OnionsgathererEdible Vegetable1116/221
PeachorchardEdible Fruit1150/651
PearorchardEdible Fruit1150/651
PecanorchardEdible Protein1150/651
Peppercrop fieldEdible Vegetable1120/284
PlumorchardEdible Fruit1150/651
Potatocrop fieldEdible Vegetable1120/284
Pumpkincrop fieldEdible Vegetable1120/284
RootsgathererEdible Vegetable1116/221
Squashcrop fieldEdible Vegetable1120/284
Venisonhunting cabinEdible Protein13160/2001
WalnutorchardEdible Protein1150/651
Wheatcrop fieldEdible Grain1120/284

Materials:

Name:         location:                     storage flag:         weight:    value:    output:        create chance: 
Coalmines/groundFuel CoalFuel1563/41
FirewoodwoodcutterFuel WoodFuel443/41
Ironmines/groundIron2551/21
Leatherdeer/cattle/sheepTextile10104/61
Logtrees/foresterWood1122/31
Stonequarry/groundStone1571/21
WoolsheepTextile1056/61

Tools:

Name:         location:          tool quality:       storage flag:         weight:    value:    output:        create chance: 
Iron Toolblacksmith100Tool1081/21
Steel Toolblacksmith200Tool10101/21

Clothing:

Name:         location:          storage flag:         weight:    value:    output:        create chance: 
Hide CoattailorClothing10151/21
Wool CoattailorClothing10151/21
Warm CoattailorClothing Warm10201/21

Other:

Name:         location:          storage flag:         weight:    value:    output:        create chance: 
AletavernAlcohol187/101
HerbsherbalistHealth142/31

Discrepancy

Crop Fields:
Crop fields are free to build (the land must be cleared though),
they have a minimum size of 4x4 and a maximum of 15x15. They can only be built upon flat ground.
A crop seed is required to grow a food. Some of these can be available from start of game, otherwise you must trade for the seed at the Trading Post.
Beans, Cabbage, Corn, Pepper, Potato, Pumpkin, Squash and Wheat can all be planted in a crop field.
All seeds have a value of 2500, except for Cabbage, Pepper and Pumpkin which can have either a positive or negative tolerance value of 200, over or below 2500.

Crop:             per tilemonths to    base temp:    temp range:   
   output:       maturity:          
Bean20/2826525
Cabbage20/282.56520
Corn20/2837025
Pepper20/282.757020
Potato20/2836520
Pumpkin20/282.56020
Squash20/2835530
Wheat20/2836030

Orchards:
Orchards are free to build (the land must be cleared though),
they have a minimum size of 4x4 and a maximum of 15x15. They can only be built upon flat ground.
Trees are spaced at 2x3 intervals:
tree  |  tree  |  tree
  |   |    |   |    |
  |   |    |   |    |
tree  |  tree  |  tree
  |   |    |   |    |
  |   |    |   |    |
tree  |  tree  |  tree

Orchard trees will only have a certain useful life, after which they will be cut down (producing Logs) and a new tree replanted.
An orchard seed is required to grow an orchard. Some of these can be available from start of game, otherwise you must trade for the seed at the Trading Post.
The fruits Apple, Cherry, Peach, Pear & Plum, and the nuts Chestnut, Pecan & Walnut can all be planted in an orchard.
All seeds have a value of 2500.

Orchard:        per treemonths to    fruiting      temp:       Fruit growth         max tree     tree growth       tree base temp:    temp range:   
   output:       tree maturity:       base temp:  range:  in months:        growth:  tolerance     
Apple50/65246520441not setnot set
Cherry50/65246520441not setnot set
Peach50/65246520441not setnot set
Pear50/65246520441not setnot set
Plum50/65246520441not setnot set
Chestnut50/65246520441not setnot set
Pecan50/65246520441not setnot set
Walnut50/65246520441not setnot set

Pasture:
A Pasture will cost 1 Log + 1 Work to construct for every tile (the land must also be cleared),
they have a minimum size of 7x7 and a maximum of 20x20. They can only be built upon flat ground.
Livestock are required for the pasture. Some of these can be available from start of game, otherwise you must trade for them at the Trading Post.
Cattle, Chicken & Sheep can all be housed in the Pasture.

Livestock:     cost per   roam      required     max.      age        age for     offspring     offspring term           create     create in           create at death resources:
   animal:size:    area:   age:   tolerance:    offspring:    term:    tolerance:   resource:     months:     
Cattle80052061.00.80.60.2nonenoneBeefLeather
Chicken4005630.250.330.20.2Eggs1.0Chicken
Sheep60051661.00.80.60.2Wool3.0Mutton

Fishing Dock:
The Fishing Dock is the only place (apart from trade) to get the food resource Fish.
It must be built upon a shoreline and has a footprint of 4x9 tiles.
The role of water tiles plays an important part in the production of Fish,
the building has a radius which will influence the output; building too much (upon water)
within the radius will result in a lower production of fish.
The dock has a construction cost of 30 Logs + 16 Stone + 45 Work.
1-4 fisherman work at the fishing dock.

Product:   output:   input products / or dependencies:                   radius:       happiness:     
Fish5/7requires Water or DeepWater tiles14N/A

Hunting Cabin:
The Hunting Cabin is the only place (apart from trade) to get the food resource Venison.
The building has a footprint of 6x8, and also works within a radius. Watch the game map and you will see roaming herds of deer
throughout the forest and plains, they will stop in places to graze.
A Hunting Cabin is ideally built in a place where the radius covers, overlaps or touches the grazing grounds of the deer.
It has a construction cost of 34 Logs + 12 Stone + 45 Work.
1-4 hunters work within the radius of the cabin.

Deer have a similar set of variances similar to the livestock:

Wild Animal:    roam     required     max.     age       age for    offspring    offspring term         create     create in         create at death resources:
   size:    area:   age:   tolerance:    offspring:    term:    tolerance:   resource:     months:     
Deer8430.51.010.00.0nonenoneVenisonLeather

But the roaming areas, size of herds and hunting of them have another unique set of variants:

cell     large       population    population increase    population decrease    herd size   herd size   time spent     tolerance:    grazing     reproduce time      kill time    building   
size:  cell size:  per cell:per month:per harvest (hunt):minimum:   maximum:   in area:  area size:     in months:   in months:   radius:

Discrepancy

Forests & Gathering:
One of the most beautiful things about Banished is the forest and the way they grow, and become a major supply of resources for the town.
The game has a micro-plant-based ecosystem; from the time you start the map, the placement and loading of a single game file (NaturalResourceTree.rsc),
plays the most important part in seeding plant growth throughout the map.

It is pointless to talk about the wild foods if we first do not discuss the forest in which they grow.

The file NaturalResourceTree.rsc plays out much like the orchard trees, except the tree is not pre-defined to sit within a certain cell like in an orchard,
instead the trees can reseed themselves and spawn wild foods.

The file calls up 9 different tree models; 4 each of Pine & Birch, and 1 of Oak.
In vanilla Banished, all 3 of these trees are seen as a single item, and there is no difference between them (apart from visual).

months tomax tree    tree growth   tree base   temp range:   auto    growth for    seedseedseed time max.
tree maturity:   growth:tolerance:temp:    seeding:    seeding:chance:   distance:   in months:   neighbors:   
405.01.0not setnot settrue0.912831

spawnedminimummaximumspawnmonths tomax.growthbasetempauto    growth for    seedseedseed time max.
wild plants:   spawn age:   spawn age:   chance:   maturity:   growth:   tolerance:   temp:   range:   seeding:    seeding:chance:   distance:   in months:   neighbors:   
Berries0.1100.00.41.09.01.0not setnot setfalse0.060112
Mushroom0.1100.00.41.09.01.0not setnot setfalse0.060112
Onion0.1100.00.41.09.01.0not setnot setfalse0.060112
Root0.1100.00.41.09.01.0not setnot setfalse0.060112
Herbs1.1100.00.41.048.01.0not setnot setfalse0.048112

Gatherers Hut:
The Gatherers Hut will allow the harvesting of the wild food plants from the forest.
The building has a footprint of 5x7 tiles, and also works within a radius.
Gatherers will harvest mature wild spawned plants for Berries, Mushrooms, Onions & Roots.
It has a construction cost of 30 Logs + 12 Stone + 45 Work.
1-4 gatherers work within the radius of the hut.

Product:   output:   input products / or dependencies:                   radius:       happiness:     
Berries16/22plant requires tree to be spawned from30N/A
Mushroom16/22plant requires tree to be spawned from30N/A
Onions16/22plant requires tree to be spawned from30N/A
Roots16/22plant requires tree to be spawned from30N/A

Herbalist:
The Herbalist will allow the harvesting of the wild herb plant from the forest.
Small improvements to the citizens health are also obtained when a citizen takes herbs to the herbalist.
The building has a footprint of 6x7 tiles, and also works within a radius.
Herbalists will harvest mature wild spawned Herbs.
It has a construction cost of 30 Logs + 12 Stone + 45 Work.
1-2 herbalists work within the radius.

Product:   output:   input products / or dependencies:                   radius:       happiness:     healer:     
Herbs2/3plant requires tree to be spawned from30N/Ayes

Discrepancy

smurphys7

Thanks a ton for posting this information.  I have been meaning to go through the moddable files and collect this information.  You are doing a much better job than I would have done.  Again, thanks a ton!

RedKetchup

i've put a sticky :)
thanks you for doing this :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

jrpjim

Great job this is a fantastic resource.
As a micro manager I cut trees down individually and studied the .rsc files and there may be a small flaw in your tree logic in that all trees are created equal in vanilla. I agree that on the surface looking at tree.rsc that seams to be the case. If you look at all tree .rsc files there is a Pine and Oak .res but no Birch.rsc meaning all birch trees are tree.rsc but not all Pine and Oak trees are tree.rsc following that logic all Birch trees spawn all five forageable's items including herbs and roots but only tree.rsc Pine and Oak trees spawn herbs and roots. Net result it is possible that a forest of only birch trees may spawn more roots and herbs so to get the most variety it is best to only cut Oak and Pine trees for the widest distribution of foragable's

brads3

interesting,wonder how true that holds up with modded forests?

Discrepancy

The thing is, I don't think the Template/NaturalResourceOakTree.rsc and Template/NaturalResourcePineTree.rsc is actually called up and used by the game.... Luke the developer has left a bit of unused code all throughout the files we have access to.

The Template/NaturalResourceTree.rsc is the only file called up in the StartConditions.rsc file which controls what populates the map.

jrpjim

Good point
Now I want to know for sure I am going to MOD Oak.rsc to include a new resource and see if gatherers can find it.

smurphys7

QuoteNet result it is possible that a forest of only birch trees may spawn more roots and herbs so to get the most variety it is best to only cut Oak and Pine trees for the widest distribution of foragable's

Interesting.  I do know that trees only spawn trees of the same type.  If you cut all the trees but one type then only that one type will exist.  Foresters plant all types.

Here's one with all one type in the Northwest.  I didn't trim across the river in the south

Here's one with all Pine Trees

jrpjim

Just to make this testing faster can any one give me artwork I could put in Oaktree.rsc mod that will make a tree stick out like a sore thumb

kid1293

jrpjim

Kid thanks.

This has led me on a learning Curb to a dead end.
No matter what I do I cant seam to produce a Oak tree MOD with just the PNG file I keep ending up with the system tool kit looking for the FBX File. Any hep in this area would be appreciated. I can make a Oak tree MOD allowing me to Change growing, spawn etc just cant get the art on it.

Note I have no problem applying the oak.png to a fig tree Which by the way help me a lot as I can edit PNG Files so I Can at least change some of the art work.

On another side note so far it looks like I was wrong cant seem to verify that Oak.rsc ever gets accessed.