News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

THE NORTH 6

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 09, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ancientmuse

I don't know if it's the North that's producing feathers or one of the mods....

Mods I have installed in the North:

- Mini buildings
- Kids Workplace
- EB Farmstand
- EB storage shed
- Kids Tiny mod
- Forest Outpost
- Kids Rowhouses
- EB Saltworks
- RK Firewood Storage
- Kid Storage Crates
- Kid Yardcovers
- Kid Deco Plants
- DS Storage
- DS Stone Hovels
- Kids Houses For Sale
- RK I See Fire
- Norseman mod
- Stone Tools
- Tom's separate New Crops mod

That's it, that's the only mods I have installed thus far.

I don't think any of those mods add feathers (or at least not that I'm aware of) ?

But either way, you can't use the feathers and you can't sell the feathers, so all they do is take up storage space.

Maybe this is a bug I've discovered with the North and maybe Tom just simply needs to fix the traders so that they can buy feathers ?

I don't know, I'm not sure how any of this stuff works.  All I know for sure is that none of the traders will buy feathers at all.

*shrug*

ancientmuse

In the regular Banished and CC Banished, the traders will buy the feathers.... so at least you can sell them and get rid of them.

It's just the North that the traders won't buy them for whatever reason.

brads3

i see mods on your lists that should add feathers. they are used for survival coats or bedding in CC. can you make any of those? do you have reeds? they must be coming from chickens, if you aren't hunting ducks.

Hawk

Which mods add feathers?
I've not found any way to make survival coats or bedding in The North.
Yes, there are reeds in The North mod.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

brads3

the only mod i question is the mini mod. if that is the 1 giving you the feathers, try building the mini TP to ship them.be aware the trade merchants might decide then to bring odd items.you may want RED's trader fix for insurance.

brads3

@Hawk only mod i know is CC,but if the mini was made by CC then it is possable a piece got mixed into the coding.

brads3

is it that the trade post won't take the feathers in or is it the price is always 0? i'd dump them at 0,just to get rid if possable.

Hawk

The mini buildings mod was done by @kralyerg and is found over at BlackLiquid, but I didn't see anything in the description about feathers, survival coats or bedding.

http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/files/file/30-mini-buildings/
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Abandoned

I don't see it listed but Busy Pastures adds feathers and bonemeal.  I don't see anything listed that should add feathers.

ancientmuse

Quote from: brads3 on January 17, 2018, 08:27:13 PM
is it that the trade post won't take the feathers in or is it the price is always 0? i'd dump them at 0,just to get rid if possable.

The North trading dock does store the feathers into inventory without any problems.

It's just that the traders won't buy them...

In other words: the feathers inventory is shaded dark when the trader arrives and you click on the trade tab, meaning the trader will not buy that particular item but will buy other stuff listed in your inventory that's not shaded dark.

ancientmuse

Quote from: Hawk on January 17, 2018, 08:22:24 PM.

Actually there are no reeds in the North.

You only get reeds if you add in the Natural Diversity mod.

Hawk

Quote from: ancientmuse on January 17, 2018, 09:20:57 PM
Quote from: Hawk on January 17, 2018, 08:22:24 PM.

Actually there are no reeds in the North.

You only get reeds if you add in the Natural Diversity mod.

True. Thanks for correcting me on that.  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Nilla

I'm puzzled, too. As I've said, I've never seen any feathers in the North. And the Minibuildings below the North shouldn´t cause any problems. But I now remember one thing:

One time I played a game with CC. The next game was without CC. Still CC merchants arrived to my trading port, in that second game, even if this mod wasn't loaded. Some file had remained in the game somehow. I can't remember anymore what I did. I will look later and see, if I can find something about it in my blogs. But my first question; do you have CC or any connected mod you don´t use in the WinData file. If yes, move it away.

Tom Sawyer

It's a strange issue. I don't see any mod in the list which brings feathers in game. My only explanation is playing a CC map and then switching to the North without restarting the game or somehow connected with this multi-installation trick. At least there is CC code in this save game and feathers are probably not the only inconsistency. That the North mod includes livestock files where chicken is defined as the only output resource from chickens makes it even more strange. The clean solution is to quit this map and restart the game with disabled CC and to see if chickens still drop feathers.

Anyway I made a patch to fix your issue @ancientmuse. I cannot test it, so it's a shot in the dark but you can try if you want. Place it on top in your mod list and try to sell feathers to the next merchant. The value is increased from 0-1 to 1-2 and every merchant should take it. The output of feathers is reduced from 7-10 to 1 per chicken. So it might be also useful for CC players who want to dumb down feather production. Let me know. :)

FeatherPatch.pkm

Hawk

For whatever it's worth, I started a new North map and so far, no feathers. The hunters are getting chicken from grouse but I haven't started breeding chickens yet.
I just built a mini trading port to see if i can get some chickens to breed to see if that's where the feathers are coming from.

I do recall having a ton of feathers in a previous North map though, so I'm trying to reproduce it.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]