Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RKEditorChoice BETA13 open

Started by RedKetchup, February 03, 2018, 11:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Beta 11 available !!!!!

Added :
ColorfulLittleHouse : (Entirely as it was in 2.2 version)
ColorfulLittleFence (New) : 10 new colored wood fences which colors will match ColorfulLittleHouse roofs. available in ghosted and non-ghosted version
White Fence set : (Entirely as it was in 1.0 version)
Brick Roads (New) : 3 New kind of roads that will ask 1 brick per tile. This is an alternative when you dont have alot of stones.
Seedlings : back from Decorative Item Pack, but not as a cheated trade resource though. Will cost fertilizer and water to produce in greenhouses.
3 kind of Decorative Trees (New) : 3 models of Japanese Cheery Trees in 3 colors, Japanese Cedar in 3 models, Maple Trees in 3 colors. cost 1 seedlings to build
13 Specialized Carts (New) which will act as a very mini market with 1 unique storage flag each. you can assign 1-2 vendor to those and can hold 1500 weight. 20 tiles radius.
Made various little tweaks in numbers in many little things ^^

Enjoy !!
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

smurphys7

Hahaha.  My first attempt at trying the beta failed due to bad luck.  Adam and Eve mode: only daughter died of a Weak Heart shortly after turning 10..  There's still a chance the couple could pop out another daughter but I think I will start over using what I have learned to be a little more efficient.

I may try again later tonight.  I am in a snowstorm and have nothing else to do.  If anyone likes I can stream it on Twitch.  I'd be happy to talk on whatever voice chat while playing.  Let me know if anyone is interested.  Otherwise I'll play on my own while watching a movie.

RedKetchup

Quote from: smurphys7 on March 20, 2018, 03:35:08 PM
Hahaha.  My first attempt at trying the beta failed due to bad luck.  Adam and Eve mode: only daughter died of a Weak Heart shortly after turning 10..  There's still a chance the couple could pop out another daughter but I think I will start over using what I have learned to be a little more efficient.

haha thats sad !!!
things like can happends

Nilla

I once had a tornado, that killed all of my first inhabitants (not even a A&E start).  :'(

That´s real bad luck.

The Pilgrim

We had actual tornadoes here this afternoon. I don't think anyone was hurt but what a way to start spring!

smurphys7

I accidentally saved over the town I made on stream.  No big deal, I have made another similar town and am happily building.

You mentioned what others may want in a spreadsheet.  Personally, I would want to see Work Time, Work Required, Input Quantity and Output quantity for recipes.  For example: Firewood might be 2, 4, 1, 4.  Mining stone might be 10, 4, 0, 2.

Testing in game and seeing the actual numbers are different.  For some goods, making something optimally efficient is relatively easy.  For other goods, making something optimally efficient requires a town built around the concept.

Denis de la Rive

Quote from: smurphys7 on March 22, 2018, 05:11:36 PM
You mentioned what others may want in a spreadsheet.  Personally, I would want to see Work Time, Work Required, Input Quantity and Output quantity for recipes.  For example: Firewood might be 2, 4, 1, 4.  Mining stone might be 10, 4, 0, 2.

Testing in game and seeing the actual numbers are different.  For some goods, making something optimally efficient is relatively easy.  For other goods, making something optimally efficient requires a town built around the concept.

You are making my case, thanks, I would like to create something that players can use as a reference, maybe more than a simple spreadsheet. I've played many games and documentation is always something you need. We will see what kind of agreement I can reach with Red.  :)

Jewels8

Have been really enjoying playing this new mod  :) loving the music, the textures and new resources! the wild boar are real cute  ;D The Horse wagon mod is also Awesome, love seeing them move around the map!  Thank you! #Redketchup

Now just wanna share what I found happening in my last game, it reached a pop of 1200 and really started to slow down so I finished with some beautification and some first time quay work, went OK..really fiddly that!
The issue I encountered was when time came to place the New trading post and it looks great, the game would crash as I tried a few times and gave up. I placed EB's and Kids Allseed trader as is always reliable, no crashes. I had a careful look at my mod list, RK Editors choice #10 is in first place and MM8 at the bottom in between I have a few other mods such as Easy Trader.. when I disabled it, which I thought was the culprit.. I was able to place the New trading post! Yay!!
So I found this out testing in a new town, and also hadn't realised I had already placed a town arrival when I decided to put in the New town hall..it crashed ??? so I removed the town arrival, silly me..I was under the impression that the game wouldn't even allow you to place two town halls whatever version they be, the fact that it let me select the New town hall and only crashed as I was placing it down. Just wanted to share what I encountered maybe someone has had similar things happen. Thanks again #RedKetchup and to all the Wonderful modders..Beautiful work! :) Cheers from Downunder!

RedKetchup

probably there are a couple of mods not working well with RK Ed and can bring up some crash like easy trader+RKed and TownArrival+RKed :(

the trading post and townhall are 2 pieces that are very sensible and imply some other files. the trading post has the trader attached to, and the townhall has all the graph functions attached too.

galensgranny

@RedKetchup , I am using your new colorful fences but have a problem.  With the ghosted doorway arch that has a flat top, I cannot find a way to delete it.

Also, in the menu choice there is a black color fence, but the label says it is yellow.  I don't see that any of them wind up yellow.   I do want the black fence, but it is better if the label would match.  However, if you wanted there to be a yellow fence, which would be nice, there isn't one.

Also, one of fence pictures looks a bluish color, and when placed it is a bluish color, but the label says it is white.

I don't have your RK Choice at the top of the mod list, since I am using another mod with different starting conditions.  I also have many other mods installed, so this is not a "just RK Choice game".   I don't know if my mod combination is making only some fence colors change, or if you made labeling errors.

RedKetchup

yeah i need to fix that. the things i started with a set of 10 colors. and then when i added colorful little house, i changed my mind and i decided that set of 10 colors will be changed to 10 colors from the roof of the little house. but i forgot to change the tooltip text.

i fixed the ghosted bug that brads said, i will look at the text now :)
i ll check also to the delete thing :) thanks for the report

galensgranny

One more thing- the flat topped doorway piece is not at high as the doors on your stone houses.  I was wanting to put it in front of the house as a decorative porch top kind of thing, but it is too short.  It probably would be a pain for you to make it taller, but if it is easy to just stretch it up, that would be good.  Otherwise, the bannies just don't get to have it against their house at the front door.  You didn't make it for that purpose anyway.

RedKetchup

Quote from: galensgranny on March 25, 2018, 12:40:49 PM
One more thing- the flat topped doorway piece is not at high as the doors on your stone houses.  I was wanting to put it in front of the house as a decorative porch top kind of thing, but it is too short.  It probably would be a pain for you to make it taller, but if it is easy to just stretch it up, that would be good.  Otherwise, the bannies just don't get to have it against their house at the front door.  You didn't make it for that purpose anyway.

i dont think this is hard to fix....

so i fixed all the typos and changed the text to represent the color of the pieces. i also checked about the way to delete the ghosted doorway arch with a flat top.... all the pieces have a trash icon on the window to delete all the pieces (see screenshot) you need to click on the long archway to bring up the window of it and there you will find its trash icon :)

galensgranny

Something must be weird with my game or computer, because I can't find a place to click on the ghosted flat topped doorway piece to bring up the trash icon.  However, I placed another one of another color, then on the first one I could click it to get the trash icon.  On the second one, I could not.  Then I put down 5 more, and couldn't find a way to delete any of them. 

I will try a new game and see if it will work better.