News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Necora's Work in Progress

Started by Abandoned, February 27, 2017, 07:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necora

Crashes everywhere ahh! I've played through with all buildings (all be it rather quickly) and only my mods and have not had any problems (using my Steam copy, not the mod kit, which seems to be more unstable).

I assume they might be due to either using the 106 vanilla game, or some other mods that have it different? I will go through all of the template files tonight in the mentioned buildings and see if there is anything a miss.

Cheers for the feedback all, sorry for the hassle!

Necora

So crashes aside, I want to share some images of upcoming buildings. This is a set called 'Sherbrooke Village' and is based on an 1800s village in Sherbrooke, Nova Scotia. It is currently a small set, but I like the buildings so much I had to make a few. It will be vastly expanded in the future for the full small town experience! These will be 'medium level' buildings, so better production (and in the future options of goods) than the pine set, but not as good as high end industry.

Picture 1 - A work in progress market.

Picture 2 - A blacksmith

Picture 3 - A medium church

Picture 4 - A medium school

Picture 5 - A medium tailor

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Necora

Maritimes Production and Build Costs Spread Sheet
Note - this is a work in progress and will be updated as and when I can, so some buildings/resources may not be present.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6qlbwy93r3fnowl/MaritimesSpreadsheet.xlsx?dl=0

TheOtherMicheal

Quote from: Nilla on March 01, 2017, 10:29:39 AM
I had a crash, when I tried to change the limit, where lumber belong. I'm pretty sure, it was because, I played these 1.0.7 mods without upgrading the game. I have upgraded now and will start a new game tonight. I hope there will be no more crashes. But if there are, I will report it on this site as well as in my blog, where I describe my efforts and my opinions of these mods more thorough.
Do you have a link to your blog somewhere here on WoB? I had a quick look but couldn't find anything :(
EDIT: I think I've found it, I was expecting it to be on another website but I believe that the blog you mention is in the Village Blogs section of this website. I found it a few seconds after posting this reply, I should have checked WoB for a little bit longer!  ::)

Nilla

You are right @TheOtherMicheal. I meant the blog at the headline Village Blogs here at WOB. It's where I write about my "testings".

adelegarland

Hi Necora..
I'm still trying to pinpoint the item causing the crashes, but it seems so random.   But I have a question - as a player, not a modder, should I be using the beta test version 1.0.7 or should I test these in the No Beta mode?   I've been in the 1.0.7 beta, perhaps this is making crashes?
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

Necora

@adelegarland these mods were made with the 107 beta modkit, so they should be used with the 107 beta game.

What other mods are you using?

adelegarland

Quote from: Necora on March 02, 2017, 07:57:24 AM
@adelegarland these mods were made with the 107 beta modkit, so they should be used with the 107 beta game.

What other mods are you using?

I'm using a ton of mods...   Mostly RedKetchup's, Discrepancy, Kid's.  A lot of others, Slinks hogs, cotton sand brewery, Tani's New Flora, some older ones, tree growth and life by Minasthouse, unlimited hunting from tom sawyer, wildlife by zen, some storage increases, wild crops by davidem, a bunch by Embx61 - a church, bakery, oil press, winery...   and a bunch more.   been collecting mods since the game came out.   I've got so many favorites!   

brads3

ADELEGARLAND, did you try to disable  NECORA's mods and see if you get the crash?? have you played with the mod order much since the new community icon? older mods should work with the new 1.07, but i worry how difficult getting the mod order right is going to be troublesome. now that more will show conflict.

grammycat

Adelegarland-try disabling all but the newer 1.07 mods and see if you still crash.  If you don't then one of your older mods is the culprit.  If you use Colonial Charter, several of the mods you listed conflict with that depending on your load order.

adelegarland

Don't use colonial charter.  Am trying different mod loads as we speak, will keep you updated.   The crashes seem to take place after I've built several homes, trades, etc.  So will take some time   Thanks for all the suggestions, keep em coming!  I'll be back! 

Edit: Another question, I stopped using but would love to try again the Tree of Life Mod, Anyone have experience with it with the new Mods?

Nilla

I went on playing my game a little while ago and had a crash, just as a merchant docked into the port. I can guess, that it has something to do with the fact, that the merchants are CC and I play without it. It doesn't happen each time, when a merchant arrive. Several merchants has arrived without any crashes. I will go on and see if it happens again.

TheOtherMicheal

@Necora  @adelegarland I'm using all the updated Maritimes mods with Banished build 1.0.7 beta but also with Colonial Charter 1.72. I have a lot of the mods adelegarland is using and I'm not getting any crashes except for one that I believe is unrelated to Necora's mods - whenever I build the vanilla stockpile and charcoal gets placed in it the game gives me a Fatal Access Violation (but I don't normally build the vanilla stockpile because it's inefficient compared to other storage so I'm not too worried about it).

As mentioned, I have a lot of mods enabled (including a few storage mods), a number of these mods were made for build 1.0.6 and one or two were made for earlier game builds. So far I haven't had any of the crash issues - except for that stockpile thing which is kind of weird but doesn't stop me from playing so <shrug> I don't worry about it.
There's a few mods in her list that I do not have (cotton sand brewery, Slink's hogs, tree growth and life, wildife) but I'm guessing that the crash is caused by one of two situations, 1. one of the older mods that changes something like reource spawns or 2. load order.

@adelegarland have you placed Necora's mods at the top of your load order? I'm thinking that without Colonial Charter, Necora's mods are providing all the info regarding the new resource flags (unless you have other mods made for build 1.0.7) and because some of Necora's resources require their own specialized storage, perhaps the game is getting screwed up by trying to use 1.0.6 storage for 1.0.7 resources?

grammycat

I know the Wildlife mod and Tree Growth mod conflict as they both change the aging of trees.  Also, how the tree growth mod handles new trees, like in Necora's mod, could present a conflict too.