News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RKEC - flowers and grass

Started by g_BonE77, October 04, 2019, 05:43:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

g_BonE77

All,

does @RedKetchup RKEC v1.3.1 contain it's own kind of grass and flowers aka NatDiv of yesteryear? I was under the impression that it contains the GardenWallUtilities grass/flower patches? Also, how compatible is it with NewFloraEdit by @kid1293 ?

And even more: Is there a desert/red desert looking landscape compatible and to be used where grass/flowers grow naturally?
~ Fenster fährt mich Nüsse ~

Abandoned

@g_BonE77 Every mod has a discussion thread under this Mod Discussion category.  Your posts should probably be under the General Discussions category, or the mod thread itself.

Every mod made has a thread here with a lot of information about the mod and questions and answers. Also more information is on the download page itself. There are also blogs featuring most mods.  See here for RKEC mod.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2925.0

There is also a RKEC light version - it also has its own discussion thread.  Do not use kid NewFloraEdit or any other NewFlora, do not use other mods with terrains or start conditions with RKEC.

brads3

the RKEC is a combination of the natdiv and garden utility mod. the grass is textured like the fodder grass from the utiity mod. he is working on a african desert or egypt styled mod.

kid1293

@g_BonE77
I listened and thought it was a good idea to add options (Easy, Medium, Hard) with grass.
Now I don't know if everyone likes an update so I test here first.

Red Desert V2.0
Everything is like before PLUS options to start with RK's grass.
I have removed flowers as a resource. They are still there for the visuals.
The grass gives thatch (same thatch as in NatDiv) for fuel.

Tell me what you think and I can make it official.

g_BonE77

@Abandoned yes, duly noted. Sorry and i should have thought about that.

@brads3 Thanks for the insight!

@kid1293 WOW! Thanks for that. I'll start a new game wit this above the RKEC 1.3.1 mod and no NatDiv/NewFlora enabled. Let's see how this goes ;) That it so nice of You! Load order will look like below:

g_BonE77

Aaaaand here is some first feedback. First of all: loving it! The desert doesn't look as dead anymore, more like a steppe, it's really wonderful. Thank You so much!

So i just benchmarked gatherers from three different mods and it looks like they just pick up the vanilla stuff, no flax or wild honey or anything i seem to remember from having with NewFlora. This is visible in below screenshot. Also there are two "Gather Thatch" buttons on the toolbar. Overall nothing i'm to worried about!

Going to test some more and post here with findings and worries ;)

kid1293

galensgranny

@g_BonE77   I am glad you posted your question separately in this section (that is labeled to be about mods).  When questions are added to a specific mod thread that has 20 pages of posts already, it is hard to find some information and since you were talking about more than one mod, you needed your own thread.   The general discussion thread would be for general discussion, not specific mod questions.