News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Welcome New Members!

Started by Admin, July 08, 2014, 03:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okiepat

Hello everyone!  I'm relatively new to Banished. I learned of it from watching youtube videos of Anno 1800. I liked the people doing them so much that I watched their Banished series(es) and got hooked. I also want to give a heartfelt THANK YOU to all the modders of Banished, they really opened things up and made it a fresh new game again.

Dariyah

Hello, fellow Banisheders!

I started playing Banished way back in October/November of 2015.  I was playing constantly all day long.  I used it as a distraction from pain due to a car accident a couple of years prior.  Also as a way to keep my brain active and thinking to help put the puzzle pieces back in order (though, I'm still working on both - memory and pain management, 6 years later - it's as good as it gets... lol).

I really loved Banished!  I would watch/read tutorials, search for good map seeds, and towards when I stopped playing, I had a fully developed map (I think large).  I'm usually not one to listen to the music and sounds from games, (I listen to my own music playlist) but, I really loved this one and I kept it playing.  Now, whenever I think back to my fond memories of the game, I hear the music in my head.  And it makes me want to play again!!!

So... I finally gave into the urges and started playing again a few days ago and am LOVING it!  But, I noticed there were some changes.  In fact, the saddest of all, my favorite map seed is no longer showing up the way it did before.  From what I've read, it had something to do with a game update.  So, I decided to look at mods to give me better maps (flat), playing conditions (easier survival), etc... On Steam's Workshop I found plenty of amazingly talented modders, even some on this forum (RedKetchup, Tom Sawyer, and Discrepancy) and am fangirling it a bit!  :D  I found this forum through a link on one of the mods to download the new beta, so I'm off to download that!  Y'all (modders) are amazing!  Thank you so much for using your brilliant talent and sharing your creations with us!

Now to find the right combinations of mods to give me the fun game play I crave!  I have plenty of time to play and discover!

Cheers!
Dariyah =)

moonbelf

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Darksoul0

Hello friends !
I play Banished for many years and really love this type of game (Anno series, Dwarf Fortress, Black and White...).
I'm French, so, please, be tolerant with my very approximative grammar :D

RedKetchup

Oh pour cela ne t'en fais pas... tu n'est pas tout seul :)

Bienvenue en tout cas :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

moonbelf

Welcome @Darksoul0 Your English is just fine so don't worry :)

brewer

Welcome new members! this is The Forum  :)
much food... and more buildings!

Mariah2202

Hi everyone!

I tried this game last year and I was so hooked I had to stop for a year. It's awesome that's why I'm back. ha ha   :D
I'm excited to try mods again!

Thank you modders for all the great work.

vratam

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

vratam

Banished has been on my GOG wishlist for quite awhile. A couple weeks ago it went on sale and I finally decided to purchase it. I fell in love with the game immediately! I restarted a few times and got acquainted with the basic functions and play concepts. Then I found the mods!

I finally have my game modded to my liking, at least for now. It was a slightly rough ride over the last five days or so as I must have started a dozen games or more trying to figure out which mods were doing what, how they were all working together, or not, and if they were mods I wanted to retain in my game or not.

I joined this forum on September 10, mainly to download some mods, and, in the short 3 day time since, I have learned many things from reading throughout its posts. It has helped me troubleshoot some issues, explained some of the game mechanics, and educated me in various game play strategies and modding configurations. Currently, my game has 53 active mods.

Just wanted, mainly, to say thank you! To the modders, keep up the fantastic work! I look forward to delving deep into game play now, with my own Banished tribe!

kid1293

You're welcome. 'To each - their own' is a very fitting description for the game.
We now have so many mods that there is something for everyone.

Good luck to you and your bannies! :)

FlyingDutchman

Hello all!

Thanks for accepting my registration. I'm very new to Banished, just bought the game and already spend a day researching the .rsc files.

I am a retired teacher in programming/scripting in vocational education and often more interested in those aspects of a game than in playing the game itself, ofcourse besides testing.

I already ran into problems creating a first mod, but before asking too many questions in this forum, I want to try and figure it out myself. Learning by trial and error!

The Flying Dutchman.

g_BonE77

Hi all,

just registered yesterday as i found quite a few nice resources and downloads on here. I'm an old Banished player having had excessive sessions with the game back in '16. Big fan of games like this, dwarf fortress, embark, foundation, stonehearth. I like the slow pace as its fitting my IRL age.

Hope You can help with the plethora of questions i might come up with regarding all those nice mods.

Thanks for having me!
~ Fenster fährt mich Nüsse ~