News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BuildResources.bat first time run having multiple errors: why and how2 fix?

Started by Browser_ice, November 25, 2017, 05:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Browser_ice

I am pretty sure this topic has been asked several time as the tutorial page for installing the Modkit has not been changed in a while and the majority of the people installing it must have had the same errors I did.  Therefore my question is where is the documentation for those errors to explain why they are happening, how to fix them, are they normal or not, .... ?

Before running this Bat file, I ran the DirectX and Visual Studio 2012 files. I also installed the FrancoPhill font files.  I had also copied the WinData from my Steam game file into the bin directory.  I also checked my game version and it is 1.07

I ran the BuildResources.bat fiel and after clicking Ignore several time + terminating Tool64 a few times, it gave me the following output (check attached file for full content):
G:\Banished-Editor>BuildResources.bat

G:\Banished-Editor>bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build Dialog\Loading.rsc
SRS Toolset version 1.0.7 Beta Build 170212
Assert: _vertexLayout != NULL && _vertexProgram != NULL && _pixelProgram != NULL && _renderState != NULL Render pass must have vl, vs, ps, and rs!
Video\VideoProgram.cpp(36)
Compiling 'Dialog\LoadingSpriteSheetTexture.rsc:resource'
Couldn't find source image file 'Build\LoadingSpriteSheet.png'
Warning: Failed to compile resource 'G:\Banished-Editor\resource\Dialog\LoadingSpriteSheetTexture.rsc'
Object\ExternalFactory.cpp(343)
Warning: Failed to compile resource 'G:\Banished-Editor\resource\Dialog\LoadingSpriteSheetTexture.rsc'
Object\ExternalFactory.cpp(343)
Assert: blockFooter == 0xbbbbbbbb Read/Write mismatch
IO\BinaryReader.cpp(30)
IO\BinaryReader.cpp(30)
IO\BinaryReader.cpp(30)
G:\Banished-Editor>bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build Game\GameResources.rsc
SRS Toolset version 1.0.7 Beta Build 170212
Warning: Source resource 'G:\Banished-Editor\resource\Game\GameResources.rsc' does not exist, and compiled resource not found in pack!
Object\ExternalFactory.cpp(312)
Warning: Source resource 'G:\Banished-Editor\resource\Game\GameResources.rsc' does not exist, and compiled resource not found in pack!
Object\ExternalFactory.cpp(312)

G:\Banished-Editor>if not exist bin\WinData\Save\ md bin\WinData\Save\

G:\Banished-Editor>copy resource\Save\*.sav bin\WinData\Save\
resource\Save\TutorialFood.sav
resource\Save\TutorialGettingStarted.sav
resource\Save\TutorialSurvival.sav
resource\Save\TutorialTrade.sav
        4 fichier(s) copiĆ©(s).
G:\Banished-Editor>

Computer Specs:
I5-2500 CPU 3.30Mhz,
16GB memory,
GTX 960, DirextX-11
Windows 7 Family Premium

RedKetchup

did you succeeded to make it work , @Browser_ice  ?

if not, check you folder name. never put strange caracters in folder name and rename it : G:\BanishedEditor

you should have copied 4 files from your game Banished\Bin\WinData folder :to G:\BanishedEditor\Bin\WinData
data0.pkg
data1.pkg
patch0.pkg
patch1.pkg

i take your windows 7 is a 64bits version ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Browser_ice

I looked again at the /bin/windata and noticed its content was way different then those 4 packages. I do not know how I managed to mess up a simple copy.

So I deleted the whole thing, reinstalled it and made sure I copied the right 4 package files. I rant the build resource bat file and it did not crash this time.

Question: I had installed a few MOD before doing this, did their ressources got copied/compiled into my Editor windata ?

Question: Is there a Notepad++ synthax highlighter to use with the ressource files ?
Computer Specs:
I5-2500 CPU 3.30Mhz,
16GB memory,
GTX 960, DirextX-11
Windows 7 Family Premium

RedKetchup

Quote from: Browser_ice on November 28, 2017, 04:53:44 PM
I looked again at the /bin/windata and noticed its content was way different then those 4 packages. I do not know how I managed to mess up a simple copy.

So I deleted the whole thing, reinstalled it and made sure I copied the right 4 package files. I rant the build resource bat file and it did not crash this time.

Question: I had installed a few MOD before doing this, did their ressources got copied/compiled into my Editor windata ?

Question: Is there a Notepad++ synthax highlighter to use with the ressource files ?

no there is no way to extract / use the resources from other mods so they are not copied/compiled.

no,no syntax highligter.
i personally use the simple notepad provided with windows7. once you try to open a .rsc file the first time, tell windows to open that extention with notepad.exe
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Browser_ice on November 28, 2017, 04:53:44 PM

I use the C++ style for highlighting. Works for me.