News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

The 100-challenge

Started by Nilla, March 20, 2015, 08:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Year 33 - getting there.

I have no idea whether this is fast or slow, I've never done Adam and Eve before. It has been lots of fun, but now it's just another town, finally.

Nilla

I don't know if it's fast or slow either. We will see. By the way; the new small barns look very good.

I started a new town yesterday and will go on and play a little now. I downloaded the last version of the CC-mod and play with only that one. It's a bit confusing, but I will get it eventually.

But I am a bit disappointed. There is a map called "desert" and a climate called "arid". I thought that it would be something nice, disturbingly difficult, where everything is dry and nothing grows. A real challenge! But no! There are a lot of trees; pines, birches, oaks... in the desert   ::) :-\  ??? . I have started to plant some palm trees, they don´t look quite as stupid. The gatherer gathers the same stuff as usual; mushrooms and blueberries in the desert.   ;D ;D ::)  I haven't played long enough to build a trading port and buy some seeds, but I do hope that you cannot do much farming in such a climate. At least there's no snow (at least not yet  ;D)

Quote from: Brugle on June 25, 2015, 08:06:41 AM
I'm in, but you know I'm slow.

We know but we also know that what comes out is worth waiting for. :)

irrelevant

Quote from: Nilla on June 25, 2015, 01:33:31 PM
I don't know if it's fast or slow either. We will see. By the way; the new small barns look very good.
Yes, they're hot! I'm very pleased.

I started a new town yesterday and will go on and play a little now. I downloaded the last version of the CC-mod and play with only that one. It's a bit confusing, but I will get it eventually.
I'll be very interested to hear what you have to say about CC

But I am a bit disappointed. There is a map called "desert" and a climate called "arid". I thought that it would be something nice, disturbingly difficult, where everything is dry and nothing grows. A real challenge! But no! There are a lot of trees; pines, birches, oaks... in the desert   ::) :-\  ??? . I have started to plant some palm trees, they don´t look quite as stupid. The gatherer gathers the same stuff as usual; mushrooms and blueberries in the desert.   ;D ;D ::)  I haven't played long enough to build a trading port and buy some seeds, but I do hope that you cannot do much farming in such a climate. At least there's no snow (at least not yet  ;D)
I really liked the map I had on CC, it was lakes and streams or something like that. I'll give it another try sometime. Now I'm mainly interested in trying out @RedKetchup's stuff  ;)

Quote from: Brugle on June 25, 2015, 08:06:41 AM
I'm in, but you know I'm slow.
Fast or slow isn't important for this challenge; it never ends! :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on June 25, 2015, 04:21:52 PM
Yes, they're hot! I'm very pleased.

good to hear :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Thanks again @RedKetchup, you are the mod master! :)

irrelevant

Adam and Eve - Late Autumn 40 - pop 100

5 stars
5 hearts
100% educated

My first NMT three-story buildings  :D

Bracken

I might have a go at the Adam and Eve too.

Bracken

Category D: Adam and Eve
Summer 25 - pop 100
5 stars
4.5 hearts
94% education

Faster than @irrelevant but not as good.

Nilla

I am surprised: already done! That's fast! Didn't take you long, this time and 25 years, that's fast, too.

But of cause the not 100% education and health makes it hard to compare with @irrelevant. Especially with the education, with uneducated, you grow much faster. To be able to compare it, I suppose you have to wait until the last uneducated dies.

By the way; I played a little yesterday, too.  And I am happy to tell; farming in the desert with the arid climate is bad, at least if you grow cucumbers. That's what the merchant brought. As you may see, I'm already in the year 22 and have only reached 53 people, so I will be closer to @irrelevant, than to @Brugle.

Bracken

I'm Bracken, not Brugle.

And yes, I will post the town again when the last uneducated dies off.

Nilla

Sorry, mixed you up, both starting with Br!  :( :-[

and.....
try to get that last ½ star in that time! That it would be perfect.

irrelevant

@Bracken, fast work! I may have to try again!  ;) I may try not educating the first generation or two, that would really boost pop growth.

@Nilla the second 50 come much faster, you should have 100 by year 28 or so.

When did you begin education?

Bracken

I built a school about when I hit the 10 adult mark. Some of them refuse to die...and I didn't expect to be done that fast.

Nilla

I educated all except one, the second child born, a girl. The first was a boy, even out of school before his sister was 10.

I would have had a couple of more uneducated but there were so few children and the third child (a girl) had time to be educated before her younger brother was ten. The same with the next 2-3 girls. Than I was too afraid of that was happened to @Bracken, that I let them all be educated.

Nilla

Finished! Winter 28! The next few years went really fast. I had a lot of young couples and they reproduced diligent. I micromanaged the housing a lot. Families with girls had their living space at the school. Elder couples or couples with only boys, were sent out to the forests or on the opposite river side.

I tried some of the new CC-buildings, but the production is really slow and very uneconomic for most of the stuff. I also produce things, I have no idea for what they could be used; The hens produce eggs, chicken, feathers and bone meal (as far as I know that's a fertilizer, but I have no idea how to use it as such, the dung from the chicken would have been at least as good as well) I might start a new CC game, just to find out more. One disappointing thing; barely grows, opposite to cucumbers, very well in that hot, arid climate.

To Adam and Eve. Could you build faster? Yes! I was a bit too careful educating everyone except one. I don't remember anymore, how fast graves disappear, but I have 13 graves as I stopped the game. Maybe there were a couple of more deaths, whose graves are gone. So some more girls (that didn't have to wait for their mates to grow old enough anyhow) could have been left uneducated. But there is always the risk, that this uneducated lives until she is 90. The balance between boys and girls wasn't perfect, but not too bad. I didn't do any micromanagement here. One period the girls had to wait a couple of years to get 10 years old student husbands, but it was only 2 or 3 girls, who had to wait until they were 17 or 18. At the end, there were more boys.

Pictures

If you look carefully on the second picture, you might see my favourite CC-object. ;)