Main Menu

All achievements in one town

Started by Nilla, October 24, 2015, 01:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomnobles

Nilla

Everything works according to my plans.

First picture, year 53

This area is transformed again. All pastures are built. Now I'm only waiting for them to fill up. Meantime the population grows continuously.

Second picture, year 55

The pastures aren't quite full yet and I'm not the most patient person, but there are some tricks! This will do!  ;D :-[
You can also see my export goods. I trade all manually, so far. Now with 7 ports it's getting a bit annoying. Probably I will gradually change it to autotrading.

I just got that village achievement. On we go for the town.!

I have changed my mind about the graves. I will try that challenge soon, now as the population is on its peak. I have some evil plans:  :-[
1. Slaughter every cow and hen.
2. Build graveyards on these places. (I hope it's enough space)
3. Take a batch of nomads (I need that achievement anyway)
4. Close the doctor
5. Hope for the worse/best.
I have an even meaner plan B. I'll tell you if it's necessary.

Can´t attach pictures will try it again later.

tomnobles

Well, I may stand to be corrected (thinking 900 couldn't be achieved on a small mountain map), a few hundred more and a hundred nomads should give you 900, then like you say, drop the population and run it to 200 years.

Nilla

First picture, year 62
I started yesterday with next reconstruction: Pastures to graveyards, more houses, increase the export. Than there was a lot of waiting. First for the population to grow......

Second picture, year 63
Done! No problems. My experience is that with some efforts, one trading port can support 120 inhabitants. Here I have 9 ports for 900 people, so I can afford to be a little bit careless. Some autotrading, few barns. It's also easier on a small map with short distances.

Now wait for the nomads.

Third picture, year 64

Here they are. But the disease they have is dysentery; not very lethal.......

Nilla

Here are some more pictures:

Fourth picture, year 65

The graveyards were not filled much. :(

I'll give it another try. Maybe the next batch will carry small pox or something......

Fifth picture, year 69

This time they had a flu. Not even a bad one, even without a doctor, not many people were ill. So plan B it is: 10 000 food in each trading port and again; wait

Sixth picture, year 70

This strategy was more successful. The graveyards are full. I don't think it's possible to have 400 graves with 1000 inhabitants and only natural deaths. I noticed that some graves disappeared, as I waited for the second batch of nomads.

What's next?

I will try to make it a "self-runner".
1. Demolish some houses. I want a population of about 500.
2. Increase the number of barns and stockpiles.
3. I can't support all my breweries with autotrade, so I will demolish some and build some more woodcutters and tailors.
4. Demolish the graveyards and build pastures with sheep, as soon as the graves are gone.
5. Balance the autopurchase and orders.

irrelevant

I imagine you'd need at least 1200 sustained for a number of years to get 400 graves naturally. IIRC The graves last ~6 years, which is about 1/3 of a lifespan.

And now the town will change again! What achievements do you still need? This is lots of fun to watch.

Nilla

Quote from: irrelevant on October 31, 2015, 08:59:22 PM
I imagine you'd need at least 1200 sustained for a number of years to get 400 graves naturally. IIRC The graves last ~6 years, which is about 1/3 of a lifespan.

Maybe I could have done it that way, too. There had been room for more than 1200 inhabitants on this map, but a little trick worked as well.

Quote from: irrelevant on October 31, 2015, 08:59:22 PM
And now the town will change again! What achievements do you still need? This is lots of fun to watch.
There are not so many achievements left: 200 years, of cause, than the builder achievements, all professions, and finally producing a lot of stones and iron. I will let it run unattended another 60-70 years. (I'm at year  105 now.) Than play again and build 2-3 mines and quarries, some churches, boarding houses and doctors.

First picture, year 73

Building all stone roads was harder than I thought on this small map. I had to build this "very useful" stoneroad to get it.

Second picture, year 85

Now I have made the reconstructions I wanted to do: less homes, more barns and stockpiles, less breweries, more woodcutter and tailors.

I let it run for a while. It's obvious: 9 trading ports is too much. The barns are now more than full. I have demolished another few houses to build more barns but this will have to do. The population is low at the moment and what happens if the barns are full? (of cause not all to much clothes, tools and textiles) The traders will have problems to get rid of all they have bought, than they couldn't fill their port with new goods to sell and the next time the merchant arrive, they cannot buy so much. I think it regulates it self.

Third picture, year 104

Now I let it run a little bit more. I made a mistake; I filled the ports too much, so I could buy everything, especially apples together with logs. No big problems yet but I will have to take away some firewood and mutton. I also bought too much tools and wool. have to change that, too.

irrelevant

Ah! I misunderstood; I thought you didn't get 400 graves.

LOL at your "very useful" stone road. ;D

What happens if the barns fill up? Nothing else gets stored, baskets of food line the roads, and everyone runs around until they starve.

You could set some of your TPs to do no trading at all, and just fill them up with textiles or whatever.

Nilla

Of cause i made the 400 graves. I'm an expert of letting my people die, remember my last game?   :-\ :-[

And yes, I've been thinking about not trading so much, not food in all TP or something like that, but first I will see what happens with the full barns. As I said; I think it's somehow self regulating. And I haven't noticed my people just running round without sense. At least not yet.

I let the game run a bit this afternoon. The second population cycle was a bit different from the first, the population sank very much more than at the first. As I went back to look at the game, there were no laborers left, some craftsmen had died, too. I think I will make some reorganisation and close some fisher, woodcutters and brewers. Just to prevent that this happens again the next cycle.

I can remember @irrelevant, you struggled a bit with this in your long game, too. Here the population is smaller, so I suppose those random effects may have a larger impact.

Nilla

DONE! It's actually possible (and very interesting) to make all achievements on one map.   :)

I even played a little bit yesterday, not only let it run by itself.

I made the last reconstruction: Had to build another 3 quarries to get all acquired stones and also some new mines for the iron. The 3 churches, 5 boardinghouses and 5 doctors was also a small struggle. But luckily, I had my pastures. The sheep had to go. There's only one pasture left. There were also some trouble getting rid of the stones. I put some in the trading ports, but the merchants didn't seem to want it by autotrading. I had to trade it away manually.

One funny thing; There's one achievement where you have to build all constructions. I was pretty sure i had everything; roads, tunnels, all production buildings. I couldn't understand why the star didn't appear. Than I realized; there was no wooden house left.   :o

First picture

To get the achievement "Jack of all trades" I had to rebuild a forester, a gatherer and a hunter. Even in this location they produce a little something. :)

Second picture

This is the very last reconstruction. A pasture and a couple of boardinghouses had to go, to leave space for some mines and the last quarry.

Third picture

Done! 100%.

tomnobles

Well done! That's quite an accomplishment.

irrelevant

Excellent work! Once you had the 400 graves, I knew the rest would not give you much trouble. And yes, you are the Queen of Bannie-Death ;D

Pangaea

Impressive work Nilla. Congratulations :)

Nilla

Thank you!

I found, that the only really difficult thing was the start with the uneducated people. The rest of the game wasn't easy, but I never doubted that it would work; not always at the first attempt, but there was always a second possibility, if the first one didn't work. It was challenging the whole time. Nice game.

Nilla

I "dusted" this old thread because I´m making a new attempt with my new computer. I´ve managed the first difficult achievements; "uneducated", "isolationist", "settlement"; 300 inhabitants on a small mountain map without farming because we also need "mountain man" and "one with nature". I wanted to compare my strategies. I´m not making much differently; only this time it´s a bit safer; more food, more fuel and a little more tools. I also was almost a year faster this time. It looks like I´ve learned how to play Banished these years, even if I rarely play vanilla anymore. ;)

Anyway, I haven´t been as close to starvation as in my first attempt and didn´t have to struggle with population growth after I´ve reached the 300 inhabitants. I was very short on tools before the first merchant delivered some but otherwise; the game has been safe all the time.

I´m now in year 31 and about to reconstruct the settlement for the first time; trade economy, stone houses, recover the population after I stopped building new houses for a long time.

I thought I made some screenshots but it looks like I hadn´t set my usual F11 and F12 to print screen. I´ll make some later.