News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Rud - Testing the new Nordic Landscape

Started by Nilla, July 16, 2016, 09:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: irrelevant on July 21, 2016, 04:45:18 PM
Is it just to relieve pressure on storage? Or as a hedge against possible future resource shortages?

I could not say it better in my poor English. Of course, primarily to buy food and other goods. But thats right, a barn can store a lot more money than food. Hundredfold, to be exact. Another thing was that you can carry much more in the form of money. And that a trader will not do these ineffective runs. But that's theory.

Nilla

You want the coins @irrelevant to buy bricks and rooftiles. Otherwise you cannot build these niece red houses (and for me it's part of the fun). You can use the NMT-mod and produce them, but if not, there is no other way than to trade, and the merchants only take cash!

But it is also obvious, that coins save space and work from traders. I never let the money leave the ports (except once at the beginning as I transferred some from the first to the second port). You can store big value that way and never (or at least hardly) run out of space in the ports, what often happens to me, if I trade a lot in a vanilla game)

irrelevant

Quote from: Nilla on July 21, 2016, 12:56:42 PM
I never do such a thing, I mean locating a lot of sheep pastures far away from the tailor.  ;) I always plan at least one tailor in sheep areas. But if you want to make these special warehouses, do it. It makes the planning easier, but you don't get "something for nothing" (Oh, I can also quote modern songs, normally my quotes comes from the 1960s or 1970s I wonder if @irrelevant knows this one) ;) .
@Nilla You got me on this one  ;D

What is the density for sheep pastures in this mod? I want some sheep but don't want to build a pasture too small.

Never mind, figured it out, it's like 12 squares/sheep

Tom Sawyer

Nilla

Quote from: irrelevant on July 23, 2016, 06:09:57 PM
@Nilla You got me on this one  ;D

My daughter and I both like music documentaries, and use to watch such films as she visits. Often about some old stars (Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan this summer) but occasionally she shows me some  more modern stuff. This song was from a film about Dave Grohl, Foo Fighters. Normally I wouldn't have known it either and to be honest, I don't remember the song. But I remember the title. The idiom "something for nothing" somehow spoke to me and that's what I remember and thought about the moment I wrote.