News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Nilla-Tobinsvilitz and Windthorp, more mod testing

Started by Nilla, July 29, 2016, 05:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Probably 1/4 is not enough to like Weissbier.

Svagdricka seems to be a kind of low-alcoholic malt beer. I also read from Swedish and Finnish blueberry liqueur but maybe not really common. So we could make cheap schnapps from potatoes, much beer from grain and a special liqueur from blueberries with a higher trade value.

And yes, these merchants really love alcohol. It's like a secret second currency. More a joke but I wanted to make alcohol more interesting because you never need it. The problem with alcohol is that the citizens drink it immediately if it is poduced. Its difficult to trade with this stuff. We solved it in the tequilla mod by an additional step in the production chain but this stuff would not be accept from the drunken merchants.

Exactly. It is your fault that no new version is ready... ;)

Nilla

This will be my last report from the village Windthorp. It has reached a population of 600. I think that's about as much as it's gets. The population graph is getting flatter.

In these last years I made a few changes; Some mines started to run empty. Not to say much about. This settlement has been running for a long time. I have the feeling, that you have increased the amount of ore, you can get out of a mine, compared to the vanilla mine, anyway @Tom Sawyer. As I've said before; I don't want to use land from the forests for anything else. Logs are really the limiting resource. So, I decided to slaughter all chicken and use the land of some pastures for new mines. There were also space for some more houses.

I tried automatic trading, but as I suspected; it doesn't work. I wasn't gone long from the computer, but in that time, things started to run bad. No real crises, but it would have been, if I let it run by itself longer. It seems like the merchants wants coins if they can get it. This settlement need to export salmon, but the stores were full and the treasurechambers were getting emptier (not really empty, I still had a lot of daler, but it was a large reduction in a short time.) There must also have been a lot of merchants who wanted steel and tools, because it was almost sold out. Not good.

After I started to trade manually again, I also started to order firewood. Things look much better now. I just put some tools into the ports again. If I ran this settlement longer, I would have used the logs mainly for steel tools. But it's too boring. Nothing to do except trading. So I will stop now.

First picture
Many adult children are still living at their parents. 300 potential families in 120 houses. There's not really 180 houses "missing". This statistic is always misleading. Every person, who lives at home is counted as a family. I could rather occupy the half; 90 houses. That would mean totally 210 families, that fits to the 416 adults.

Second picture
Population graph, still slowly growing but not that much anymore. The happines is getting down. The young people want to move to a place of their own. And the parents finally want to get rid of their long adult offspring: Everyone is unhappy! You can also see, that I ran out of herbs a couple of times. There are a few houses outside the markets and they need herbs.

Third picture
Production and store. I try to keep stores of 20-25 k of each wheat, cabbage, apples and trout. For some time, I had to sell some trout. But after I killed all my chicken, it fits well.

Fourth picture
Production graphs. You can see my not very successful attempt of autotrading at every graph.