News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING of AMERICA SERIES: Towns #5

Started by brads3, July 09, 2017, 08:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 66

we add the 1 room school and several  more of KID's storage sheds.several bridges help move goods faster.while our builders are working faster than the laborers can clear land,we continue the row or traders and fishing along the south shore.
    we continue building more houses and clear fields.we do need to build more fences for the west pastures.there is 1 more planned.once it is finished,the colonial set will be complete.

pic 1: more trade posts
pic 2: colonial barns,meat locker,and smoke house
pic 3: looking east near the colonial townhall

kid1293

Last picture made me laugh.
Two nomad statues?
Isn't that too much with your population size?
Are you going for 5000?

brads3

yeah, if i allowed all the nomads i would be hurt from here forward. i wasn't sure it would let me set the 2nd statue, but they look good on either side of the walk to the townhall. i did use a lot of your sheds in between thse houses and still haven't built them all.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

now that is a different question. that is tomatoes. i had to look it up even.there is so many crops. as i get seeds i plant the next field with them.
would you like more?

RedKetchup

it comes from which mod ? cause i find they are alot better looking than mine. mine looks "chardon" (sorry dunno the english name of it)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

CC.  the version of the ketchup factory i have the seeds comes up blank tag if i put your mod above CC.

brads3

YEAR 67-69

SPRING brings 96 nomads.with them comes a case of yellow fever which is quickly cleared up with our herbalists and hospitals.since we have corn and apples now,we send a group to sherbrooke to clear more land and build townhouses.
    we deny 90 nomads.we don't even have room for a night or 2 for them.everyone else is super busy.
     in fall of year 68,the colonial pasture finally completes the set.we still need time to build fences.many housese and sheds are already planned to keep builders busy.hopefully by year 70,we can have all the planned construction projects finished.our boardinghouses are still full.

pic 1:colonial pasture.
pic 2: trade port row
pic 3:sherbrooke north
pic 4: sherbrooke short townhouses
pic 5: RH tile roof medic and school

Abandoned

Hey Brad, those colonial and Sherbrook houses add some nice color to the map.

If 90 nomads show up at my town, I am sending them back  :)

brads3

YEAR 69

with all the colors,sherbrooke has a lot of buildings to the set. it is a growing busy town.the workers did take time to clear ground for fences around the wild west town and pastures.they can be started soon.we did send a couple more groups of nomads away.our trade ports have been busy adding several seeds ,clay,iron,as well as rice for the dock town.
     i will review and check inventory before starting year 70.

pic 1:special wharehouse district took a lot of building supplies to finish
pic 2: sherbrooke tall rowhouses and colored productions
pic 3: sherbrooke in  spring

brads3

YEAR 70 REVIEW

POPULATION 1020,656 working,129 students,and 235 children in238 homes including 6 boardinghouses.education level is 61 %.our food production shows progress.we have 100 crops and orchards and 9 greenhouses.plus over 40 hunting and fishing.
    we produce soo mnay items.i do need to take time to adjust trading posts.
with all our forests, we have plenty of logs.our mines are busy trying to get ahead on copper and tin.iron ore is being processed into iron.soon we will build the resource mod to the far west edge.the only concern is sherbrooke needs a lot of pine materials to function. there is space to buildmore forests to the northeast.
   we still need 100 houses and workplaces.as fast as we build ,workers graduate.i don't want to just throw houses without having workplaces to keep them busy.

inventory: what a mess of items.it never balances.several items produce faster than they are used ,others much slower.even though the boats come and go steadily,they bring the wrong items.this is time consuming to reset.
flowers are over 4500 and perfume can be produced as there is plenty of water.if we add a well,we could build another perfume shop and 2 greenhouses.next is feathers and reeds.we need a survival coat tailor and a ropery.since half the tools are lower grade,we should adjust the smiths as well.then all the trading posts will be working.

mods completed: RED's country houses,wood butcher, EB material wharehouse,KID's lighthouse,both colonial mods,nat div,and special storage.over 65 fully completed.NECORA's mods wait for a few houses and domestic animals.we have only covered about a 3rd of the map surface.

goal next 10 years:finish sherbrooke and start the nordic mods.add the renewable resources to the west with EB"s wharehouse.PILGRIM's houses.main goal is to get the housing up over 300 and the workers under 100 laborers.

pic 1: yr 70 stats
pic 2: yr 70 5yr production
pic 3: yr 70 inventory takes 4 TH's
pic 4: 25yr food graph

brads3

YEAR 70

we turn 76 nomads away.we have enough projects and fences to build.by winter,we have the 2 greenhouses,well,and perfume shop built.we also add a tailor,weaver,and ropery.we acquire domestic animals in trade,and send a crew to build goat and chicken coops.though  we have not traded for food all year,our reserve is still high enough to increase the storage limit.

pic1: train camp fence
pic2: pasture fencing
pic3: textile productions

Abandoned

Good job @brads3 , over 1,000 population and not bad education rate either.  That mining section road is quite nice, realistic looking.   :)

brads3

with so many workers ,you would think work would go faster.there is so many projects and the workers live scattered here and there.it actually seems to take longer to get some things done.those roads i try to make 3 wide. 1 dirt<some areas 2> and then the verdant or clear on either side. saves trees growing back up.this game has been hit and miss on doing that.we never get caught up enough to go back over areas.