News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING of AMERICA SERIES: Towns #5

Started by brads3, July 09, 2017, 08:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

Your workers do have a lot of distance to cover.  I have more workers now and not making much progress on what I want them to get done, my problem is wood and stone.  I am trying to get some more roads in.  :)

brads3

YEAR 71

to help move goods,we add a market and 2 carts near the traders.sherbrooke adds several small animal pens for goats,sheep,and chickens. we also finish the shipyards.we manage to build the larger houses.the year seems to go by slower. as we continue on with fences,we also add housing and markets near EB's wharehouse and start the renewable resources.we do need to pick up the pace and accomplish more.

pic 1:greenhouse district
pic 2:training camp fence
pic 3: sherbrooke added shipyards.still waiting for more domestic animals for more pens

brads3

YEAR 72

the renewable resource is completed.we add 2 lookout towers to keep watch  over the far mountains. a few market puzzle markets will keep them supplied.it will take time for them to clear the trees.work begins on more PILGRIM houses.we turn 71 more nomads away.they didn't want to stay due to our measle outbreak anyhow.the disease takes a toll and we loose several bannies through the year.during the winter,the bannies begin to recover from the illness.we added a lama pasture,another school,a few production buildings,several houses,and more storage.

pic 1:pilgrim houses
pic 2:renewable resource mod

Abandoned

Those houses look nice in the snow.  Are those deco sunflowers or a crop that did not get harvested?

brads3

brads3

YEAR 73

WE finish a foundry and metalsmith.with so much ores to be processed we do need to increase our fuel refinery and add the bundling shed soon.a large group of nomads waunders through our towns.again they do not stay.there is more housing and land clearing planned but not much else.the game kicked me  out twice from a fatal error.this slows me down and forces me to save often.not sure if the game or my comp causing it.hopefully after thse nomads waunder off the map,i can trust it and pick up the pace again.

pic 1:iron foundry
pic 2: metalsmith and smelter
pic 3: too many nomads

brads3

YEAR 74

we add a 2nd fuel refinery to the R&R area in the west.we will need more furnace fuel to process ores.we decide to run the tin and copper mines out then use them to process.if we need more ores we can then dig more mines.in the meantime,workers are busy clearing and laying roads for new greenhousese and another stable to feed more rowhouses near the production.the builders are busy constructing meat processors in the colonial town.by fall the pilgrim additions are all built.the builders can take a break before we start year 75.

pic 1:old smokey,NMT meat dryer and salter.
pic 2:lama pasture and decorations added to others
pic 3: road cleared for the next stable and greenhouse

brads3

YEAR 75 REVIEW

population 1123,730 adult,130 students,263 children with 67% educated in 274 houses+ 6 boarding houses.

the last 5 years went slow. we did get the renewable resource and PILGRIM's houses built.sherbrooke is built as far as it can,it waits for more domestic animals.we added many fences and the training camp decorations and the wildwest sidewalks.there is much more to do.our food reserve holds very well.
    the 1st thing to do is some adjustments to the traders to use up extra goods.then add some processors to take care of others.we need a maple sap boiler and add a 2nd worker to the sugarbeet refinery.this is a process as some items produce fast and others we will need more of later.the biggest shortage is iron.we will double the workers at the foundry and build them 2 houses.we will add a RH tavern and a ricestill and paddy.along with all this will be housing for the workers.a year's worth of projects just to handle excess inventories.
      soon i would like to start the many canal sets and the nordic sets.

pic 1:stats
pic 2:production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: 10yr food graph
pic 5:fort training pieces

brads3

YEAR 75

we build 2 greenhouses,a rice still and paddy,and several houses by fall.considering the number of laborers,i am impressed with our food reserve.it holds at 55,000+ before fall harvest season.there is so many small projects scattered about to keep track of.they do finish some storage including 2 root cellars.work continues on a CC sap boiler and some orchards.1 needs cut as the bannies planted it wrong and another is being cleared for apples.

pic 1:honeydew greenhouse
pic 2: rice still and 3rd paddy.

grammycat

I'm enjoying following your towns' progress.  I have a question about the year 75 fort pic.  Is that oval track a road mod or how did you get that effect?  I really like it.

brads3

that is the parade ground. a decorative piece.those are from CC frontier.some of the fort pieces take a while to build. you need cannons,muskets,military supply,building supply,etc.that pic shows some of the requirements for the pieces to work.this pic shows the return production for 1 year.it does varry from year to year though.

brads3

how bout a tour of the fort? more zoomed in and pieces labeled.excuse the mess.since i am trying to add at least 1 of everything, i do switch textures often on KID's coverings.there is a lot of little pieces in the fort.the fence and towers take a lot of logs. the star fort requires canons.the small refinery and smelter are helpful early on to process iron.as is the lumber cutter.the barracks serves as a boarding house.KID's rowhouses work super well with this.the extra offices are helpful especially when i add the CC cellars. each stores different items.there is enough cellars to go along 2 of the RH townhalls.
the RH blacksmith does produce muskets.a fort needs a messhall so we use the pub kitchen and add a coffee house.to avoid scuvey we add a tropical greenhouse.the placer mines and smelters can suppply silver pferring,basically money or coins.this is where the small animal pens are handy for chickens,sheep,and dairy cows.
      i do wish the barracks was split so a family could live in each half of it. the doors are already there for it. just needs a center wall.i also wished the towers worked somehow. RED fixed that with the training camp but the towers don't fit tight with the fort walls.DS came up with his giant tower that raids travelers. both ideas work well.i do realize the CC crew is on strike and WOB modders are busy and don't wan't to take over for CC.
   there is other options that i didn't use in this fort.the dock pieces has a small school and herb grower.EB's new market set and KID's workplace mod would fit here.i haven't even planned the INDIAN village and trader yet.
       hope you enjoy the tour.

grammycat

Thank you brads3-would you believe I never even looked under that tab as wasn't interested in a fort.  It does have lots of interesting buildings.

brads3

and all this time i thought i was typing to myself.lol glad someone is paying attention. :)

embx61

I personally am too busy with my own projects to take on a huge project like that.
I am also not really into the colonial era for Banished so personally it will be hard for me to create things as my mind will not be really set to it.

But beside that we don't have the code and meshes from CC so certain things will have to be made  from scratch if updates are needed.

So far CC still works with Banished BETA 3 and I only foresee (some) problems in the future if Luke add more and more new features to the mod kit/game and as a result CC will not be (fully) compatible anymore with the new features if BL stays MIA.

I like to add that I had that feeling a bit when I did the colonial houses for the Pilgrim as they are not really what I would design :)
But I still plan however to make the New England Colonial set from scratch to get rid of the many polygons which are not needed and to fit the Lean To's a bit better.

I already have some textures set aside to replace some of the ones used. No big changes, still about the same colors, wooden colored boards, but a bit more to scale.

As colonial houses are rather easy to create it will not take me a very long time to redo the whole set.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]