News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Sightseeing In Banished Land

Started by Paeng, November 11, 2014, 09:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

No problems and/or bugs so far with my markets Paeng?

Capacity is reasonable?

I ask this because if no bugs or alterations are needed I plan to compile the markets into my Unified Mod somewhere this week.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on April 24, 2017, 02:24:41 PMNo problems and/or bugs so far with my markets? Capacity is reasonable?

Bah, I got sidetracked today (see the "all time favorites" thread), didn't even play Banished...

On my quick play-through yesterday I did not notice any problems... as for numbers - hopefully Nilla has some time to look at them, I usually look at my gut instead... LOL
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Paeng

With so many new things coming in I hardly get down to make any journals (naturally, not a complaint)...  ;)
So here is just a casual shot from my "learn how to..." folder -

Small Waterfront

A small portion of nice intricate buildings with lots of details...  :)

Antiligent

Looks awesome :)
How can I make screenshots with the same rich colors and shadows as you have?

Paeng

Quote from: Antiligent on May 02, 2017, 12:10:36 PMscreenshots with the same rich colors and shadows

I slightly tweak a few image conditions -

brightness -5, contrast +10, saturation +5, unsharp mask 20%

In photoshop I just recorded a so-called "action" (basically a macro) and can apply all these changes with one click (for consistency's sake)... but you can do the tweaking in any image editor, even though it may not have the macro function...

* and play around with those values, you may want to emphasize different things than I do   :)

On fully zoomed out scenes (hazy) you can apply the "action" two or even three times, which then over-saturates a bit but cuts a lot of the "fog of war"...  ;)

QueryEverything

Quote from: Paeng on May 02, 2017, 11:49:08 AM
With so many new things coming in I hardly get down to make any journals (naturally, not a complaint)...  ;)
So here is just a casual shot from my "learn how to..." folder -

Small Waterfront

A small portion of nice intricate buildings with lots of details...  :)

It's always a glorious day in a modders world (and us, the end consumer), when our biggest (non)Complaint is that there are new goodies!  You handled yourself well though, love that new dock look! 

Thanks for sharing your settings too. 
I know I often suggest bugs or issues that should've been picked up by Luke and fixed, but ...  man ...  a good camera angle, if nothing else, but to really get in close and see the detail on the modders work.  Even last night I tried to get in close to see some of Necora's pine items and had to have my nose pressed to the monitor, such a shame.  :(

Would also make your more interesting with screenshots :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Antiligent

Quote from: Paeng on May 02, 2017, 01:12:16 PM
Quote from: Antiligent on May 02, 2017, 12:10:36 PMscreenshots with the same rich colors and shadows

I slightly tweak a few image conditions -

brightness -5, contrast +10, saturation +5, unsharp mask 20%

In photoshop I just recorded a so-called "action" (basically a macro) and can apply all these changes with one click (for consistency's sake)... but you can do the tweaking in any image editor, even though it may not have the macro function...

* and play around with those values, you may want to emphasize different things than I do   :)

On fully zoomed out scenes (hazy) you can apply the "action" two or even three times, which then over-saturates a bit but cuts a lot of the "fog of war"...  ;)

Oh thanks for your instruction! ;)

Paeng

Small Waterfront Evolved

The small waterfront has grown into a small, but rich hamlet...

:)

embx61

Nice screen shots @Paeng.

Nice to see the markets fit quite well with @Discrepancy Jetty mod. :)

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on May 03, 2017, 09:48:55 AMmarkets fit quite well with @Discrepancy Jetty mod

Definitely...  :)

Looking for fresh land (caught a rather difficult map here)  ;)

QueryEverything

Beautiful @Paeng :) 
I was really enjoying this set too.  I've posted some pics over in Discrepancy's thread.  :)  They aren't super cool, but I like them :)
I've pinned yours too, directing back to this thread.  :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Abandoned

@Paeng very nice as always, wonderful use of the land, and those markets do fit in nicely.  :)

Paeng

Sorry, can't help it... this shot is just

Lovely

* A little deco goes such a long way... 

:)

Abandoned

@Paeng very pretty spot indeed. Going thru my mod list I saw a mod you may be interested it.  I remember somewhere you said about not liking looks of deleted mine.  There is a "delete quarry and mines" mod by Draethar on Banishedinfo site that leaves usable terrain once mines and quarries are deleted.

Paeng