News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Forest Village

Started by Gordon Dry, September 09, 2015, 09:03:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon Dry

I'm curious.

This site http://forest-village-game.com/ makes me wonder if this is really a WIP game waiting for Steam Green Light as they say.

There are many (moderated) comments in the sections of that website saying "shame", "rip-off", "clone" etc.

I posted a comment in the screenshots section that was not accepted by moderators, it just didn't appear, no trace of it.
But my comment was appeasing, telling that saying "shame," "rip-off" and "clone" as offense is not needful.
I wanted to say that it is okay to create a "clone" after Luke decided that Banished is done, especially if Forest Village becomes better - not only better graphics, but better AI, better modding API (the site claims the modding API will come after the initial release), better logistics etc.

So why are comments still there which are kind of offending but a comment that is "on their edge" is deleted?
This seems suspicious to me.
Is this site a social experiment?
Does Luke have his fingers on this?

Questions upon questions.

RedKetchup

i ve seens many comments about clones and rip offs...

but also some are right, i think clones can be made till they are building it and make all the code themselves. (not simply uncompile programs, copy and alterate)

i saw they put alot more attention to 'details' and looking better overall. it seems all the same features look similar and will comeback in their game.
but ...
if those guys can make a copy without the stupid big limitations we have in Banished ?? it would be WOW!

i ve put a comment :
http://forest-village-game.com/articles/introduction-forest-village-game/#comment-54

Ketchup says:   
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

September 9, 2015 at 9:50 pm   

Hi there !

quote:
But we know about community interest to the modding, and modkit will be available in 2-3 months after game release.

i am someone who modded and still moding alot Banished. Yes your game seems to be a clone of this great game but yours seems to have alot more time spent to take care of all the details.
Looking GREAT !

my question is : Will you take care of your modding community when they have requests ?
because thats a big problem we have with Banished developper.
At begining we was glady answered some technical questions sent in private but he totally ignores us since many months and also when we asked and requested some 'changes' and 'fixes' he totally ignored us and refused to put the time to fix the strong limitations that highly bridle his game and the moddling community.

I will keep following your developpement and see how it goes :)
if your game be as great as the other one and really push alot further than the other one.... that would be awesome.

-RedKetchup
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Glenn

Yes, I agree,

The lack of mod animation in Banished is holding the game back.

If this new game is a better version of the theme then well on the developers behalf.

What they need to do is have the modding capacity ready when the game launches, not 2-3 months after it is released.

They should also make it possible so existing banished mods are easily transposed into the new game and allow these mods the capacity to be enhanced with animation.

Windmills and water wheels that move, horse drawn carts, doors and windows that open and close, rowing boats that move, smoke and fire from the blacksmith's forge, people who can sit down on benches and at an inn etc. would be a wonderful addition to thoses of us who like this type of game.

If this was the case, then I for one would happily make the swap to the new more interesting game.

RedKetchup

you can add 'ground merchants' creation
unlimitted material flag creation
unlimitted 'limit' flag production
more caracter-citizens animations (more than just hoe and hammer)
ability to make rivers and lake and mountain.
allow 3D path (left right back foward , and up down)
real terrain 3d ground level (not always a 0'-level relativity) so you can build on mountains

Glenn

Your right, there are so many things missing from Banished.

Imagine boats that sail, waterfalls with flowing water, paths that go up hills and mountains to a hunters cabin or hermit hut.

I love the Banished concept, even when I played Simcity4 I spent most of my time creating farming and remote village areas.

I don't care who is behind the new game -- if it enhances the concept of the game and allows all the good modding work done todate for Banished to be adapted into the new game, then great -- we will all be better of and enjoy the game that much more.

If the new game is a simple knock off of Banished without the added features that we all want then I for one will be dissapointed and more than likely will not buy it.

One can only hope -- we will see what transpires

Gordon Dry

So actually my comment went online.

First, after submitting my comment, it said "Your comment is awaiting moderation."

Next day it was gone.
That was the reason I posted here initially.

But now it's online.

But what ever, the stone began to roll...  :P

RedKetchup

Quote from: Gordon Dry on September 10, 2015, 03:44:09 AM
But what ever, the stone began to roll...  :P

^_^

we need to take them asap and educate them very young ^^
in hope to get the good things from the start ^^

assobanana76

really it seems to be "Banished" .. improved (at least graphically).
if the guys of that team take a look at all the mods created, taking cues, really we could see born a fake "Banished 2"!  ;D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

DesoPL

If this going to happend on steam. INSTA BUY.

RedKetchup

it should, thats what they told

DesoPL

Game is still on GL? Can't find it.

RedKetchup

Quote from: DesoPL on September 11, 2015, 04:01:53 AM
Game is still on GL? Can't find it.

on GL ?
it is still on WiP ^^ wont be release before next year.

Fellow Villager

whoa i totally missed this section

however, this game seems promising. but we don't know how much

RedKetchup

they said less than 15,00$

http://forest-village-game.com/faq/

they also says Fall 2015 .... but i am sceptik

Gordon Dry

Perhaps they release it as early access alpha?