Discrepancy

haha... this test didn't go to plan:

RedKetchup

we heard a trumpet and the rivers were filled with blood LOL
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Discrepancy

I may have got it to work @RedKetchup ,

RedKetchup & @Bartender I changed the following in Material/Redketchup/WaterMaterial.srsl

program Normal
{
   pixelshader ps
   {
      float3 bloom = sample(highlight, dir).xyz * 0.0; // Ichanged this from 1.5 - the lower I got, the less red/pink was visible, I increase it gets brighter.

Paeng

Quote from: Discrepancy on June 06, 2017, 05:42:14 AMhaha... this test didn't go to plan

Oops...  :D 
But that red is nicer than the pink... LOL

Fast forward in time and we can have spirulina farms...  ;)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Discrepancy on June 06, 2017, 05:59:35 AM
I may have got it to work @RedKetchup ,

RedKetchup & @Bartender I changed the following in Material/Redketchup/WaterMaterial.srsl

program Normal
{
   pixelshader ps
   {
      float3 bloom = sample(highlight, dir).xyz * 0.0; // Ichanged this from 1.5 - the lower I got, the less red/pink was visible, I increase it gets brighter.

sweet. can you delete the lower plane with the blue texture ? the one under (and below minus 0,10') to see if it still do no pink ?

Discrepancy

@RedKetchup ,

I have tested more, and as far as I can tell this should work fine. I have tried many other things but nothing works. Making this change doesn't seem to make any difference apart from removing the pink.

Make the change as above to the WaterMaterial.srsl

In the .fbx I also removed the blue textured plane below the water and removed the material attached to the floor (though I don't think this matters, I just needed to when using blender, I also had to remove the other meshes in the .fbx).

... the only thing, none of this explains why my Water Pump isn't pink... I even tried swapping code and the canals still showed up pink. I think this still requires some more investigating.

but I attached my test compile, if other amd/intel users can test?

Bartender

This is great @Discrepancy ;D! Are there any other visual changes besides the disappearance of the pink?

I suspect that your water pump doesn't show the pink, because it is not reflecting the sky. Sky reflection seems tied to the lowered terrain, which causes the pink somehow.

Discrepancy

Quote from: Bartender on June 06, 2017, 06:54:27 AM
Are there any other visual changes besides the disappearance of the pink?

I cannot spot anything.

Paeng

Quote from: Discrepancy on June 06, 2017, 06:25:18 AMother amd/intel users can test?

Very good... no hardcore testing yet, but first impression is great!  :)

* Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000

RedKetchup

ok so you think i can release like that ?
you will satisfied with that ?

as a Nvidia user... i dont see any difference :)

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 06, 2017, 07:24:51 AMyou will satisfied with that ?

Me? Heck, yeah! It's like brandnew...  :D

I just won't speak for other users/systems... hopefully ATI will be as sensational...  :P

Abandoned

@RedKetchup my intel canal water looks okay too. Looks great.  :)  I hope other's problem with red or pink water is resolved for them. 

Bartender

I just tested it on my system, and the only difference I can see is that the bloom value has a slight influence on the brightness of the reflection. It's not something very obvious though, and still a million times better than the pink :). Once there's some more testimonies that it's working I'll update the files in the tutorial.

paralias

i did a little test with @Discrepancy "changed" canals on a laptop with AMD radeon R5 M430 and intelHD 620... cpu intel i5 7200U. i don't know if intel graphics made a difference but the canal works fine. no pink

embx61

Quote from: Bartender on June 06, 2017, 06:54:27 AM
This is great @Discrepancy ;D! Are there any other visual changes besides the disappearance of the pink?

I suspect that your water pump doesn't show the pink, because it is not reflecting the sky. Sky reflection seems tied to the lowered terrain, which causes the pink somehow.

That is what I think too. I have NVidea Graphics so could not test for the pink.
But my Irrigation channels are not having the pink issue either as reported by some and that is because they are above ground and so not utilizing Luke's blue water texture plane beneath the ground.

My Irrigation channels below ground are almost finished and I think they will be fine too as they are not going so deep to reach Luke's blue texture.

Great find @Discrepancy for the fix with the bloom. :)
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]